50-95 brass or ammo?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Malamute
Member Emeritus

50-95 brass or ammo?

Post by Malamute »

What's a good source for 50-95 brass or ammo? I know a guy that has acquired an old rifle and wants to shoot it. I think just a box or two would make him happy, depending on price.

Is there an affordable source for dies? I have no idea how much dies are, but my first guess is they aren't cheap.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Re: 50-95 brass or ammo?

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Original Winchester .50-95 chamber dimensions and the chambers of Uberti rifles are not exactly the same. The die set that I ended up with is made to old Winchester spec and works great in my Chappy rifle.
I got mine from RCBS.
https://shop.rcbs.com/WebConnect/MainSe ... 09J166N143
The brass I got from Huntingtons but that was several years ago.
Good luck on your search.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

I believe Buffalo Arms would be a good place to start your search. Good Luck. 1886.
hayabusa
Levergunner 2.0

Post by hayabusa »

Buffalo Arms is where I got my bullet mould, a box of cast bullets, proper head stamped brass, a few pieces of reformed brass, also the reloading dies.
I also bought 348 Win brass & reformed to 50-95. Using same powder charge with all of the different brass, chronographed loads and the velocity was virtually the same.

Busa