Leverguns and Fine Men

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Leverguns and Fine Men

Post by RKrodle »

What is it about Leverguns and good people? I’m on a few different forums that I drop in and out of from time to time. They are all either gun or hunting related in some way or other. But what is it about the Levergun that bring such fine people from across world to gather together. We have the love of fine guns that bond us together, but there is something much greater than that. I don’t believe there is a finer group of men gathered on the internet then right here. The outpouring of unselfish support for fellow members in need is just overwhelming! Everything from unsolicited funds. Purchasing guns for sell only to turn around and gift them back to that person kids. Paying for gun work in advance that may be months away from even getting started, taking time away from your own family, when you don’t get much time with them anyway, to run around half of Texas getting things ready to play Santa for somebody else’s children, so that joy can be felt at this time of year. Yep, Levergunnners are a special breed, God Bless you all!!!
Ricky

DWWC
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: Leverguns and Fine Men

Post by Sixgun »

Ricky,
It's the only game in town that I play. I believe it's because levergun guys are nostalgic guys and with nostalgia comes feelings of good and honest times gone by and we all seem to yearn for the "good old days". I was on the AR-15 board for just 3 days before I got kicked off and the moderator told me "You will never get back on as I will make it a personal effort to investigate every new person to make sure you are not sneaking back on under another name". I got the same treatment at "Cast Boolits". :D

Geeze, am I that arrogant? :D the AR guys just want to blow everybody away and use the f word in every sentence and the cast Boolit guys got mad when a newcomer came on there and showed up the big shots with more knowledge than them. They analyzed every word I wrote until they had a reason to boot me. But not here!!!!!! You guys know I have a sanity issue and accept me for what I am! :D

In the last month I have sent 22 packages to members here on the same day or two after receiving their confirmation that they wanted to buy my stuff. In all 22 cases, the checks or sometimes cash came to my post office box the same day they received their goodies. That's honesty :D

Yes, my man....my last paragraph speaks volumes about the integrity of the boys here. On a side note, you will notice we all have God in our lives....and that's a Christian God. :wink: :D----6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

RKrodle wrote: Leverguns and Fine Men
And Ladies...........

Six - R U crazy ? ;) We ALL have sanity issues, here.......... :mrgreen:

:P . :P . :P . :P

I agree, and like this buncha folks best.

Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Putting a smile on someone's face makes the world a better place. :)
Merry Christmas :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
arjunky
Levergunner 3.0

Post by arjunky »

It's about as close to family a person can have without being blood related. :) As far as the insanity I thought it was a prerequisite. :lol:
Great bunch of guys.

Byron
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

arjunky wrote:It's about as close to family a person can have without being blood related. :) As far as the insanity I thought it was a prerequisite. :lol:
Great bunch of guys.Byron
Byron,
Just like there are 2 kinds of drunks, (happy drunk and a mean drunk) there are 2 kinds of people who have sanity issues, the ones who deceive, lie, and manipulate (liberals and some people I work with) and the insane who wave at strangers going down the road, sleep 8 hours a night, (clear conscience) and just want to go through life without hassles and want to be treated like they treat others. (Levergunners)

Did you ever notice something else about Levergunners? We all have a deep love for dogs and animals of all kinds. A dog will never hurt you unless you hurt them. We be sheepdogs! :D
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Sixgun wrote:
arjunky wrote:It's about as close to family a person can have without being blood related. :) As far as the insanity I thought it was a prerequisite. :lol:
Great bunch of guys.Byron
Byron,
Just like there are 2 kinds of drunks, (happy drunk and a mean drunk) there are 2 kinds of people who have sanity issues, the ones who deceive, lie, and manipulate (liberals and some people I work with) and the insane who wave at strangers going down the road, sleep 8 hours a night, (clear conscience) and just want to go through life without hassles and want to be treated like they treat others. (Levergunners)

Did you ever notice something else about Levergunners? We all have a deep love for dogs and animals of all kinds. A dog will never hurt you unless you hurt them. We be sheepdogs! :D

Lately I have been spending far more time with my off-road racing motorcycles and related activities than I have been shooting, but I like this site far more than the racing forum I contribute to from time to time.
There is a social factor here that is far higher than a website where we mainly ask questions about proper tires for different tracks, and boosting compression ratios and things like that

Case in point, I'm on here now when I am supposed to be making a homemade mac and cheese dish for Christmas dinner later :lol:
----- Doug
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

Sixgun you are right this is the best place around. I have never in about ten years belonged to another group, and while I have looked at a few, they seem to be a bunch of arrogant braggers who don't like when folks call it like they see it. You do call a spade a spade, and come across the better for it. I tend to trust plain spoken folks even If I don't agree with with every point.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Part could be that the maturity level (well usually) is quite a bit above what you see on other forums. Not necessarily age, though I suppose if we averaged the ages we would be on the older side, but the maturity that makes it unnecessary to insult, and belittle others. Maturity that makes one understand that other folks are just like you, doing the best they can to get along in this world.

Of course, I could be wrong, it could just be that we prefer wood and steel to plastic and aluminum. :mrgreen:
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

And there are those that invite you out to their house to shoot... even if they're not going to be there... invite folks out to hunt...

Yep, even those that don't visit very often... and are missed... are great guys.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

This is my home, and family.. 8)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

As far as I'm concerned you Mr Krodle will always be to me one of the finest of this outstanding group. Thank you again for your aloha shown in the past. Image
Illegitimus Non Carborundum
Akā, ʻo ka poʻe hilinaʻi aku iā Iēhova, e ulu hou nō ko lākou ikaika;
E piʻi ʻēheu aku nō lākou i luna, e like me nā ʻaito;
E holo nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e māloʻeloʻe,
E hele mua nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e maʻule.
`Isaia 40:31
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

There ain't no place like this place, anywhere.

And I always thought sanity was vastly over rated.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
1894c

Post by 1894c »

best virtual hang-out on the web...YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST... :)
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I have met several of the friends that I have made on here, and they are all good people. Leverguns are not all I shoot, but it is funny that my success rate with leverguns is higher than with any other type of firearm. And, yes, there is something that just feels right about wood and steel put together to make a functional and beautiful work of art. The beauty of the design is something that is lost on too many people in our world of today. Maybe the ability to see what is really there is what brings this bunch together. Many on here have a whole lot more knowledge of firearms and bullets than I do, and we seem to have a wide variety of job skills, but we all see the beauty and value of a firearm that is made to be carried in the hand or in scabbard on a saddle, can be used without a scope, works well with open sights, comes in calibers that do the job without a lot of fuss, and often times comes in the same caliber as the handgun you carry so that you can go walkabout with only 1 caliber to worry about.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Careful Sixgun! We be watchin' you... :twisted: :lol:
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...