Its only -50 today

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
arjunky
Levergunner 3.0

Its only -50 today

Post by arjunky »

They were predicting -70 with the wind. Glad we have a heat wave today. They even cancelled most schools statewide.
:D :D :D

Byron
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Its only -50 today

Post by Pitchy »

Dern wind, it`s the killer :roll:
Stay safe and warm pard.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
92&94
Senior Levergunner

Post by 92&94 »

You know its bad when they cancel school up there in ND!

Stay warm!
arjunky
Levergunner 3.0

Post by arjunky »

Actually with the Sun out it's not too bad as long as you can keep moving.
Not too hard to do picking garbage. :D

Byron
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

There is no point in blowing out my 140 yard lane today. No one is going in or out until the morning, so I'll blow 'er out then. Here's a photo just shot out the back door a few minutes ago ...

Last edited by KirkD on Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
SJPrice
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SJPrice »

KirkD wrote:There is no point in blowing out my 140 yard lane today. No one is going in or out until the morning, so I'll blow 'er out then. Here's a photo just shot out the back door a few minutes ago ...

I remember those days before I found my way down to Texas. I remember them, but not fondly.
Always Drink Upstream From The Herd
m.wun
Levergunner 3.0

Post by m.wun »

Shorts and flip flops here boys!!!! Even saw a lizard creepin the yard.
What in the wild world of sports is going on here
rafter-7
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rafter-7 »

The best day to be alive is -40 with sunshine and no wind after a butt kicking storm. You go for a walk outside and the air is so condenced that with even the smallest breath you get more than enough oxygen. Its invigorating

there is always something to complain about wherever you live so you just make the most of the cards your dealt.

^
7... Were still standing Mother nature and I go toe to toe quite offen
rafter-7
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rafter-7 »

Hey Kirk,

looks like a great day to go riding sled

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v714/ ... _007-4.jpg

my sled down at Morons house for cocktails :P
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

Well now that reminds me of my teenage years, blasting across the open country in my 1969 Wild One. There are too many restrictions where I live; you are only allowed to ride on groomed trails. :(
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
rafter-7
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rafter-7 »

Wild One... Scorpion... pull the rope ... Live a little.. lets see if they can catch you

^
7 My money is on you Kirk don't let me down
rafter-7
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rafter-7 »

Byron's watching

1 mile south of here..... Do you remember the I 250 Minot to Regina?...^
Marvin S
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Marvin S »

Everyone said when you get older you will hate winter, but I don't think that will be true for me. While I don't care for the wind, the cold I can take since I don't work outside too much anymore. I dislike mowing the grass more than moving a little snow. We have good ice on the lakes this year and I went ice fishing new years day and plan on taking off work this Thursday and Friday for some fishing also. It will be warm again in about three months, so I can wait.
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

My day started at 7 am with getting my snowblower started (John Deere LT 180 with front mounted blower) and the Nissan Versa that the kids needed to commute to school. Amazingly, both started! While the car warmed up, I spent 45 minutes blowing out the huge drifts that had accumulated overnight, as well as the 4 foot high x 20 feet wide massive pile of snow that the snow plow had left across our lane. This evening, one of the kids decided to make a run for it through the new pile left by the snowplow and hung the car up high and dry. I told the girl to never do that again; always ease into a big drift, then you can back out and ease in again until you eventually make it out the other side. Taking a run at it pretty much guarantees you will be doing some major shovelling to lower the car back down to the ground. After about 45 minutes of shovelling under the car to lower the car down to normal level, one of the girls and I braced our feet against my LT 180 and shoved while another girl eased the car forward (I had scraped up a bit of gravel to put in front of the front wheels). This was about the dozenth try but it worked. I then spent another half hour blowing out the end of the lane. A fellow needs to get out into the howling wind (50 km/hr or about 30 miles/hr) and cold so he doesn't get soft ... at least that is what I said when I finally got back into the house for supper. Another cold night (forecasting around 9 below zero farenheight) and the winds are still howling around the house. Tomorrow morning, I'll be repeating this morning. My face had ice all over it when I got in this morning and my wife wanted me to just hold it while she got a camera and took a picture. I said, 'forget it', not being in any mood for a photo session. She then made three fried eggs and toast and juice for me to get the furnace stoked back up. Life is good.