Marlin 336 lever swap?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Marlin 336 lever swap?

Post by Malamute »

I'm not sure if this should go in classifieds or not. I have a straight grip 336 in 30-30, it has the rounded lever. I really like the looks of the squared levers on the straight grips. Does anyone have a squared lever they'd swap for a rounded type?
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Marlin 336 lever swap?

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

None I would let go of but a bump for you anyway friend... BTT
Udy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Udy »

I just checked, all I have left are stainless pistol grip levers. I must of gave away all the others. Point is you may want to call Wild West Guns in Anchorage, that's where I got mine from. I called them some years back looking for the same thing as they have lots of factory take offs from guns they sale with there own custom loops installed. If I remember right they unload an assortment of them on me for like ten bucks, musta got twenty of them.
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

OK, thanks, I may give them a call then.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Just a thought, but I've seen some guys heat up and reshape their levers to make them the squared type.
NRA Life Member
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

I wish the levers of the 1894s and 336 were interchangeable, I'd trade.
Illegitimus Non Carborundum
Akā, ʻo ka poʻe hilinaʻi aku iā Iēhova, e ulu hou nō ko lākou ikaika;
E piʻi ʻēheu aku nō lākou i luna, e like me nā ʻaito;
E holo nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e māloʻeloʻe,
E hele mua nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e maʻule.
`Isaia 40:31
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

I called the Anchorage and Vegas stores, both said they had no factory levers. Interesting, Anchorage told me to call Vegas, that they had some.

Oh well.