Savage Amended !

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Savage Amended !

Post by 6pt-sika »

[quote][/quote]I've been dealing with Savage Arms for going on three months now to remedy a problem I had with one of their products !

About 45 days ago they told me they couldn't fix the problem and would replace it with something of my choice at a discounted price .

After we agreed on the item and amount of cost to me it's been about a month with nothing in my hands .

I am pretty certain when the new gun arrives I will sell it as well as one of my other Savage guns .
Last edited by 6pt-sika on Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
arjunky
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Savage SUCKS

Post by arjunky »

What was it and what couldn't they fix?
Byron
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

The ifs and ands are unimportant !

It's pretty easy when you read the part that says we came to an agreement more then a month ago and I've not seen it yet !

And the "nice" lady there told me it would be sent ASAP !

Especially when it was one of the medium priced models etc etc .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

This thing "if" it ever arrives as well as my Savage 220 slug gun will go on Gunbroker in the semi near future !

I'd sell my 210F slugger also but I have some sentimental attachment to that one .

I have a Savage Navy revolver from the Civil War that may very well hit the auction block as well as a Savage 1861 Contract musket .
Mac in Mo
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mac in Mo »

That will teach them a lesson!

Kevin
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Sounds like you are being the disagreeable/ unreasonable one from what you have presented.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

It's entirely possible that sever weather has intervened....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
jmiller
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jmiller »

This is posted on another site also. When questioned about what was wrong with the gun no answer was given. This poster claims Savage cut the gun in half and wouldn't return it. Sounds like the gun was altered and made unsafe and Savage didn't want the liability of it being sold, used, or traded. The OP won't actually tell what was wrong with the gun, it's just a rant against Savage. He did say on the other site that he was going to sell it when he got it back and then said they destroyed the gun and offered him a huge discount on another gun and a large cash credit. I don't see what his problem is and he's not saying. Something's fishy here.
hayabusa
Levergunner 2.0

Post by hayabusa »

The ifs and ands are unimportant !

This statement does not make any sense at all, especially on a gun discussion forum, but it could just be me. :roll:

hayabusa
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

I understand your hate and contempt for the current BUTTS in the operation of Savage. Understand they have not been around as long as their operation and the heritage has been. To attribute their money grabbing, anything for a buck, with no care for the end user to the history of Savage does not seem practical. If you want to get rid of your weapons do so but for a better reason as we normally all regret selling toys.
Just my opinion as I normally save the anger for a better shot at their almighty $ income so they can remember me.
It is not the critic who counts
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

jmiller wrote:This is posted on another site also. When questioned about what was wrong with the gun no answer was given. This poster claims Savage cut the gun in half and wouldn't return it. Sounds like the gun was altered and made unsafe and Savage didn't want the liability of it being sold, used, or traded. The OP won't actually tell what was wrong with the gun, it's just a rant against Savage. He did say on the other site that he was going to sell it when he got it back and then said they destroyed the gun and offered him a huge discount on another gun and a large cash credit. I don't see what his problem is and he's not saying. Something's fishy here.
The thing that upsets me is the duration of the whole thing !

After we came to an agreement it's been over a month and the "nice lady" said she would send it out ASAP !

And no I do not normally alter anything other then perhaps rebarrel .

They are not sending back the same type gun I sent them as they no longer make it . If they sent me a new one of what I had I could sell it for a nice profit as it is I am getting something of about the same value as what they cared not to fix or atleast what I had in it .

And as to them "giving" me a large cash credit that was just for the money I had paid for them to rebarrel the gun a few short weeks before I sent it back THE SECOND TIME .
Last edited by 6pt-sika on Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Old Savage wrote:Sounds like you are being the disagreeable/ unreasonable one from what you have presented.

If it takes them over a month to send me something after we are agreed how am I being disagreable ?

And especially since the "nice lady" said ASAP !

God help me if it wasn't ASAP it would be 2015 before I goit !
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

This gun had been rebarreled by Savage in mid october and returned to me right before November . Gun shot great from the bench 3 shots in 1 inch easily at 100 yards . However I was to find out over the first 10 days of the VA ML season that if this gun was loaded much over 8-10 hours it would not go off correctly didn't matter if it stayed inside all the time or outside all the time or back and forth . I fired it less then 40 times at the range and once at a deer and three not go offs at deer . So I sent it back and they said after two weeks it did the same for them and they would not rebarrel an action twice . They also at that time told me the action had been killed (their exact words) .
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

6pt-sika wrote: . They also at that time told me the action had been killed (their exact words) .
good riddance -- the last thing you need is an out of battery discharge when you are farting around with it at the range

Still don't see how Savage sucks though ------- seen the same performance with some expensive TC Encore muzzleloaders too
----- Doug
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Streetstar wrote:
6pt-sika wrote: . They also at that time told me the action had been killed (their exact words) .
good riddance -- the last thing you need is an out of battery discharge when you are farting around with it at the range

Still don't see how Savage sucks though ------- seen the same performance with some expensive TC Encore muzzleloaders too
They suck and for the money I think the Encore sucks as well . Been down that road and didn't care for it !

I dropped about $1400 in a Encore Pro Hunter a few years back with three barrels . 50 cal , 12 gauge rifled and a 338 Federal . The 338 barrel was a tack driver , the 12 gauge barrel was also very good for a slugger but you couldn't keep the scope from torqueing at the shots . The ML barrel was also a tack driver , HOWEVER you had to clean between each shot .

I happened to have a pair of Knight Disc Rifles at the time (and still do) that you could foul the gun and then shoot it three times after that in 1 1/4" WITHOUT CLEANING and the two Disc rifles combined cost less then the Encore Pro Hunter with just the ML barrel . For most people thats a moot point , but there have been a fair amount of instances I needed to reload quickly to get a shot at a second deer and if I had needed to clean the barrel I am quite sure four or five of the ones that fell in this category would have gone un killed !
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Streetstar wrote:

I truely do not think anything was wrong with the action . I think they just didn't want to fool with it anymore . I should have gotten the barrel back and put a PacNor barrel on it . I personally believe the barrel was minutely oversized . Since it worked great at the bench but over a relatively short period of time it was such that it didn't want to ignite in the normal fashion . When it went back the second time they replaced the beachplug and said it didn't work for them so hot either . Other then the barrel being slightly oversized would possibly be them not setting the headspace totally correct where it allowed air/moisture inside .

Not only does the length of time this is taking p...i...s...s me off , but when it was working correctly I really liked that muzzle loader and hate to loose it . Now I've gotta go back to the Knights and Triple 7 . Shooting VV N-110 was the pooh !
765x53
Senior Levergunner

Post by 765x53 »

You do realize that your Civil War firearms have no connection to Arthur Savage or the modern Savage arms company?
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

765x53 wrote:You do realize that your Civil War firearms have no connection to Arthur Savage or the modern Savage arms company?
Yeah I know and I won't get rid of them or the Utica AH Fox A grade 16 gauge that was made in 1930 but sometimes one needs to blow a gasket .
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

funny this comes just after I finally got around to adjusting the Accutrigger in my 22 target. Before adjustment it was shooting nearly MOA, hopefully it's even better now. Very sweet and makes me want to sell all my guns and get another Savage.

I have not needed service though, I'm speaking to the design and quality of my particular model.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

El Chivo wrote:funny this comes just after I finally got around to adjusting the Accutrigger in my 22 target. Before adjustment it was shooting nearly MOA, hopefully it's even better now. Very sweet and makes me want to sell all my guns and get another Savage.

I have not needed service though, I'm speaking to the design and quality of my particular model.
To be 100% honest a person would have a bit of work to find better shooting rifles out the box on the new market at this time . However other things can sour one PDQ on a company . I actually think I am letting them off easy without demanding the 10ML-II was replaced with another ML instead of a centerfire rifle . And as to the trigger I had a Rifle Basix trigger in this one and removed it before I sent it back the second time .

Before this gun was sent back I had it , the 210 and the 220 all set at 2 1/4 pounds the only one that was a Accu was on my 220 .

I had actually about talked myself into getting one of the Savage Long Range Precision guns in 260 or 6.5 Creedmoor . These are the ones with the target accu trigger . It'll be a cold day in h...e...l...l before I do that now .
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

I called Savage on Monday and ordered three small parts for a model 10. The UPS GROUND driver left them on my porch 4 days later. I was impressed.
NRA Life Member
jmiller
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jmiller »

6pt-sika wrote:
Streetstar wrote:

I truely do not think anything was wrong with the action . I think they just didn't want to fool with it anymore . I should have gotten the barrel back and put a PacNor barrel on it . I personally believe the barrel was minutely oversized . Since it worked great at the bench but over a relatively short period of time it was such that it didn't want to ignite in the normal fashion . When it went back the second time they replaced the beachplug and said it didn't work for them so hot either . Other then the barrel being slightly oversized would possibly be them not setting the headspace totally correct where it allowed air/moisture inside .

Not only does the length of time this is taking p...i...s...s me off , but when it was working correctly I really liked that muzzle loader and hate to loose it . Now I've gotta go back to the Knights and Triple 7 . Shooting VV N-110 was the pooh !
The Savage ML2 isn't that complicated. If it didn't fire after sitting for 8-10 hours it was due to either solvents or moisture being left in the breech plug or bottom of the barrel, or you were using a couple of powders that will not ignite reliably and this is common knowledge by Savage owners and printed in the owners manual. A loose sabot/bullet will cause misfires in this gun. I'd put my money on a fouled breech plug and/or being taken inside after being outside in the cold. They just aren't that complicated....the primer goes off, flame goes up the vent liner, hits the charge, and boom. The only thing stopping the "boom" is a plugged vent liner or loose sabot/bullet.
7.62 Precision
Senior Levergunner

Post by 7.62 Precision »

Everyone today wants instant gratification. The gun industry isn't Burger King, and when you get into the special services, custom work, and warranty stuff, you can't always expect things yesterday. I would recommend giving them some time. This time of year is crazy in this industry with important shows back-to-back, new products being released, and important networking going on, which often requires many of the critical employees to be traveling and can slow things down.

Give them a chance to make it right.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Frankly, sometimes there's a disconnect between "Customer Service" and "shipping"... I'd call the "nice lady" in Customer Service and ask for the tracking number. They may have shipped it, thinking they've fulfilled their part... and are blithely awaiting the "thank you" letter.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Their Acutriggers stink up the whole gun IMHO.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

IMO the main reason they suck is that they won't make any more '99s... :wink:
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Rusty wrote:Their Acutriggers stink up the whole gun IMHO.
+ 1.... :(
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

6pt-sika wrote:
El Chivo wrote:funny this comes just after I finally got around to adjusting the Accutrigger in my 22 target. Before adjustment it was shooting nearly MOA, hopefully it's even better now. Very sweet and makes me want to sell all my guns and get another Savage.

To be 100% honest a person would have a bit of work to find better shooting rifles out the box on the new market at this time . However other things can sour one PDQ on a company . I actually think I am letting them off easy without demanding the 10ML-II was replaced with another ML instead of a centerfire rifle . And as to the trigger I had a Rifle Basix trigger in this one and removed it before I sent it back the second time .

Before this gun was sent back I had it , the 210 and the 220 all set at 2 1/4 pounds the only one that was a Accu was on my 220 .

I had actually about talked myself into getting one of the Savage Long Range Precision guns in 260 or 6.5 Creedmoor . These are the ones with the target accu trigger . It'll be a cold day in h...e...l...l before I do that now .
All I can say is hope they make it right. Cause it isn't us sure we can say "be patient" :lol: feel your pain bro!
6pt,
There is a way to get them off their butt. If they told you its on its way and they are kludging ya.
Executive Email Carpet Bomb--before anyone gets their panties in a bunch a EECB is just a complaint letter of a very dissatisfied customer sent out to all the personel on the Board of Directors not any type of actual material device being of anything!

I had a Dell computer that the hard drive went the very day the extended warranty was up.
They said because it was after 5pm it was considered next day :twisted:
I the next day went up the chain pretty far and nothing. So found out ALL the people on the Board Of Directors and sent them a EECB
Within 4hrs got a call from the CEO of Dell from his boat in the Keys.
They gave me 4 new hard drives/ new laptop and gave me a special service number that I call and get immediate satisfaction.
FU## with the bull and sometimes you get the horns!
http://consumerist.com/2007/05/11/how-t ... rpet-bomb/

Make them give you new gun, cause they must be having problems with the gun and you don't want a "a kinda gun" :twisted:
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

jmiller wrote:
6pt-sika wrote:
Streetstar wrote:

The Savage ML2 isn't that complicated. If it didn't fire after sitting for 8-10 hours it was due to either solvents or moisture being left in the breech plug or bottom of the barrel, or you were using a couple of powders that will not ignite reliably and this is common knowledge by Savage owners and printed in the owners manual. A loose sabot/bullet will cause misfires in this gun. I'd put my money on a fouled breech plug and/or being taken inside after being outside in the cold. They just aren't that complicated....the primer goes off, flame goes up the vent liner, hits the charge, and boom. The only thing stopping the "boom" is a plugged vent liner or loose sabot/bullet.
Well professor according to them it did the same thing for them as it did fir me . I owned that gun for six years before ever having any problems .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

7.62 Precision wrote:Everyone today wants instant gratification. The gun industry isn't Burger King, and when you get into the special services, custom work, and warranty stuff, you can't always expect things yesterday. I would recommend giving them some time. This time of year is crazy in this industry with important shows back-to-back, new products being released, and important networking going on, which often requires many of the critical employees to be traveling and can slow things down.

Give them a chance to make it right.
This has been going on since October they've had their time .
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

game keeper wrote:
Rusty wrote:Their Acutriggers stink up the whole gun IMHO.
+ 1.... :(
Hmmm....

I really LIKE them... :|
Old Ironsights wrote:IMO the main reason they suck is that they won't make any more '99s... :wink:
THAT I can certainly agree with...!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Yer know where your going wrong really don't you.......

N :D
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Nath wrote:Yer know where your going wrong really don't you.......

N :D
I have pretty decent luck with my old circa 1835-1845 36 cal Pennsylvania rifle but it's a cap lock . My abilities with a flinter are not quite as good . Reckon next year I'll just go back to my old Disc Rifles . I sure did like using VV N-110 however .
jmiller
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jmiller »

What was the original problem you sent it back for....before they put the new barrel on the gun?
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Rusty. I agree, acutriggers do really suck. And now other company's are copying them like the new Ruger`s are. That is a deal killer for me. A friend has one he uses for a local clubs 50BRshoots. He has the little lever in the center of the trigger defeated somehow. He said he just could not get used to it. :(
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

jmiller wrote:What was the original problem you sent it back for....before they put the new barrel on the gun?
Buzz off dude I've grown tired of you .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Chuck 100 yd wrote:Rusty. I agree, acutriggers do really suck. And now other company's are copying them like the new Ruger`s are. That is a deal killer for me. A friend has one he uses for a local clubs 50BRshoots. He has the little lever in the center of the trigger defeated somehow. He said he just could not get used to it. :(
They make two versions of the Accu Trigger . The standard one and the target version that they sell on of course their more target oriented rifles . Of the 5 or 6 Lomg Ramge Precision rifles I've had in my hands they all came from the factory with a 10-12 ounce setting and could be lowered to about 6 ounces . And I found them to be rather nice . But it matters not now as I have no intentions of buying one .

Talking about the middle tip in the Accu , I have an old Canjar set on one of my Ruger #1's . When you set it a little tit thing like on the Accu pops out . It isn't easy to control without practice but I found resting my finger on the side and just touching to work pretty well in the bags . However I have that one set at about 6 ounces .
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

6pt-sika wrote:
jmiller wrote:What was the original problem you sent it back for....before they put the new barrel on the gun?
And some folks claim that Terry is an insufferable boor...??

I've grown tired of your recurring rants that seem to stem from your unreasonable attitude.. Such rants crop up over your by-line from time to time, and everything is always someone else's fault, completely.. Perhaps you should just quit buying things, since they never seem to work to your satisfaction.. Or at least quit besmirching manufacturers in public as you are so eager to do...

Have a Nice Night....
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

After 6- pt posted here a long time ago about his work with the Savage .308 with the threaded barrel I looked up the model and ordered the same rifle in .223. That trigger was so bad I never even Got it sighted in before I put it back in the box. HMMM.

66GTO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 66GTO »

Some apparently may diasagree, but I love my .243 Savage, even with a tuppperware stock, because it is accurate.

100yd. target. Dead center shot was the third shot flyer after the barrel began to heat up.
$400 sporter from WalMart with a $100 Simmons scope.
Last edited by 66GTO on Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! P Henry

When the Government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the Government, there is tyranny.T Jefferson
jmiller
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jmiller »

6pt-sika wrote:
6pt, your entire post since you started it makes no sense at all. You've never said what was wrong with the gun to begin with and you're just on a rant against Savage. I don't really believe much of what you've said since most of it doesn't make any sense. You said Savage cut your gun in half since they didn't want to fix it. That's BS. They don't take anyone's gun and destroy it without replacing it. They'd send it back to you with a note saying it can't be repaired, it's your gun. They simply can't destroy your property. I think you're hiding a lot of this story and looking for sympathy. It doesn't seem like you found very much so far. I'll "buzz off" since you really aren't looking for any help, you're just looking for attention. I doubt many on here, or the other sites you've posted this story on, have much confidence in what you're saying. It's obvious you don't know anything about inline muzzle loaders with what you've said so far. I think what you're tired of is someone asking questions you can't answer.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

jmiller wrote:
6pt-sika wrote:
6pt, your entire post since you started it makes no sense at all. You've never said what was wrong with the gun to begin with and you're just on a rant against Savage. I don't really believe much of what you've said since most of it doesn't make any sense. You said Savage cut your gun in half since they didn't want to fix it. That's BS. They don't take anyone's gun and destroy it without replacing it. They'd send it back to you with a note saying it can't be repaired, it's your gun. They simply can't destroy your property. I think you're hiding a lot of this story and looking for sympathy. It doesn't seem like you found very much so far. I'll "buzz off" since you really aren't looking for any help, you're just looking for attention. I doubt many on here, or the other sites you've posted this story on, have much confidence in what you're saying. It's obvious you don't know anything about inline muzzle loaders with what you've said so far. I think what you're tired of is someone asking questions you can't answer.
You have a definite "know it all mentality" and I never asked anyone for help and most certainly not you !
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I truly love the ignore feature thingy !
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

6pt-sika wrote:I truly love the ignore feature thingy !
If you said The Sun Comes Up In The East, I do believe someone would pick a fight.... :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Rusty wrote:After 6- pt posted here a long time ago about his work with the Savage .308 with the threaded barrel I looked up the model and ordered the same rifle in .223. That trigger was so bad I never even Got it sighted in before I put it back in the box. HMMM.
You got the Hog Hunter in 223 I assume ? The one I worked up sub sonic for wasn't bad out the box but after messing with the trigger a bit we got it down to a nice creep free two pounds .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

BlaineG wrote:
6pt-sika wrote:I truly love the ignore feature thingy !
If you said The Sun Comes Up In The East, I do believe someone would pick a fight.... :lol:
Dunno ! But I do know I have four weeks and I'm on a plane outta here to go visit the family for three weeks !
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

6pt-sika wrote:
Rusty wrote:After 6- pt posted here a long time ago about his work with the Savage .308 with the threaded barrel I looked up the model and ordered the same rifle in .223. That trigger was so bad I never even Got it sighted in before I put it back in the box. HMMM.
You got the Hog Hunter in 223 I assume ? The one I worked up sub sonic for wasn't bad out the box but after messing with the trigger a bit we got it down to a nice creep free two pounds .

I think that's what it was, a m10 of some kind.

firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

Post by firefuzz »

Old Ironsights wrote:IMO the main reason they suck is that they won't make any more '99s... :wink:
Me too. Want one in .250 Savage so bad I can taste it.

Rob
Proud to be Christian American and not ashamed of being white.

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Because I can!

Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.
draperjojo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by draperjojo »

I bought the Savage in 17HMR and didn't like it so I sold it. Bought a Savage 110/270 for my son. He took his elk with it this year. I put 5 shots into the bullseye at 100yds and you could cover them with a quarter...love that gun. I've got a Savage 114/300 Win Mag that I'm listing locally....only because my Savage 111 Long Range Hunter in 300 Win Mag will be here Monday...woooohoooo!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Savage Amended !

Post by 6pt-sika »

Hold the press ! Everything has changed · They now say they're sending me a brand new Savage muzzle loader as I was originally told !