Marlin 1894c Peep Sight Options

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
kmittleman
Levergunner 2.0

Marlin 1894c Peep Sight Options

Post by kmittleman »

Hi all,

As the title suggests, I'm wondering about which peep sights you all have had luck with for the 1894c. I just picked one up and I can barely see the buckhorn sights it came with.

Thanks in advance!

-Kevin
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist." - C.S. Lewis
MrMurphy
Senior Levergunner

Re: Marlin 1894c Peep Sight Options

Post by MrMurphy »

When I had one, I used XS Ghost Rings.

I've used a Williams as well on another one with success.
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

The models made for 336 will fit but will overhang off the rear of the receiver. I had one from Brockman's. Another one simple and good is the WGRS, by Williams. Both these are set it and forget it, not click adjustable.

A lot of guys are liking Skinner's sights.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

I found an XS sight set to be the only iron sights that worked for me.

I added a scout rail with a compact green-dot sight.

Happy.

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I like Skinner sights. They have worked well for me.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
gundownunder
Senior Levergunner

Post by gundownunder »

I use a Williams FP receiver sight and a Lyman 17 front with Shaver inserts, but that's a silhouette rifle. If it was for hunting I would go with the bigger Lyman front and just use the post or bead insert that ships with the sight.
Heck, these days with my dodgy old eyes a hunting rifle would probably get a little 2.5X scope.
Bob
You have got to love democracy-
It lets you choose who your dictator is going to be.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I posted LOTS of pics and comments about this very subject a couple years ago; you might find the link worth checking: >> Peep Thread
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

El Chivo wrote:The models made for 336 will fit but will overhang off the rear of the receiver...
True, but drilling & tapping another hole for the front base screw easily solves that problem. I've tried the Skinner sights, but I keep returning to the "old faithful" Williams Foolproof. My dad started me on using them back in the early 70s, and I'm still with 'em today. (Sadly; he's not...)

Here's my 1894c with that FP peep sight and a "Twilight" aperture, and the red fiber-optic bead out front:
Williams FP 01 (Medium).jpg
Williams FP 02 (Medium).jpg
Williams FP 03 (Medium).jpg
Williams FP 04 (Medium).jpg
Williams FP 05 (Medium).jpg
I have the same setup on my Marlin 39M Mountie, the Twilight rear and red front work well when the game (squirrels for the 39M, deer for the 1894c) are in the shadows.
Marlin 39M - 1894C 02 (Medium).jpg
Tight groups.

Old No7
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH