Winchester 1907 Forward Sling Eye

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
QCI Winchesters
Levergunner 2.0

Winchester 1907 Forward Sling Eye

Post by QCI Winchesters »

My 1907 has a factory sling eye on the butt, and an empty hole in the forearm cap. I have never had a Winchester with the sling eyes before, how does it attach? With a nut? Would it be the same one as on a lever action?
When you have to shoot, shoot! Don't talk!
Mike Hunter
Member Emeritus

Re: Winchester 1907 Forward Sling Eye

Post by Mike Hunter »

The sling swivels had a post that wet thru the hole in the cap, the post was then peened over locking the swivel in place. I make and install them here in the shop.

OBTW, they are pretty much a one time use; meaning once installed, the post must be ground off to remove, so stay away from used ones.

V/R

Mike
QCI Winchesters
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Winchester 1907 Forward Sling Eye

Post by QCI Winchesters »

Oh... that sucks, I guess I will just live with the empty hole. I was hoping it was held with a nut or something. I don't even know how to get the forearm tip off! :? Oh, well, thank you Mike for your reply, probably saved me from buying a used one that won't work.
When you have to shoot, shoot! Don't talk!