OT - Pizza Hut suspends delivery man for defending himself

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

OT - Pizza Hut suspends delivery man for defending himself

Post by Ysabel Kid »

At the risk of incuring the wrath of people sick of the "boycott mentality", I'm goint to post this - and yes, I won't do business with any company that does anything this stupid. :evil:

I hope you all feel the same way - and let them know you are no longer a customer and why!

This was copied from a NRA e-mail alert...

Outrage Of The Week: "Safest for everybody?" Pizza Hut punishes employee for defending himself
Friday, April 04, 2008

The incident wasn’t something quick and simple. ... It was a long ordeal…my life was, without a doubt, in danger.â€
Jaguarundi
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jaguarundi »

Thanks for posting and will do! :evil: :evil: :evil:
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

With these sorts of businesses it is sometimes nice to contact them and set up to do some serious business with them (for a local posted 'no-guns' bank I went in with the plan to transfer all sorts of loans, 401k, line of credit, mortgage, checking, credit card, EVERYTHING to them, and got to the very last point of the paperwork - then on the way in for the final signing over of stuff, I 'happened to notice their NO GUNS sign...' and made it the dealbreaker and cancelled everything after explaining that I couldn't ask my wife or an employee to disarm themselves just to go to the bank for me). I don't know how you'd do that with a Pizza Hut (maybe offer them to be your official daily lunch provider for your company?) but that kind of thing can 'educate' them if done right...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Texican
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Texican »

For all y'all who will boycott this: You might as well give up on delivered pizza from national chains then.

I can just about guarantee that all major chains have it in their employee handbooks that drivers can't pack iron. Their lawyers have done everything to limit liability and it's easier to send condolences to the former employee's family than it is to fight a lawsuit from a scumbag who might get shot trying to rob a delivery driver.

In my college days I worked graveyard for a hotel chain and had to sign a statement saying I'd read the employee handbook which contained a 'no guns' policy. In the same period I drove pizzas for a pizza chain named after a popular table game. Same policy. That isn't to say I didn't have a 'personal insurance policy' with me at all times; My simple take on it was that I rather be fired from my job than dead. Not much of a choice, really. At least at the hotel my uniform required a suit jacket that was perfect for such discretion; not so for the pizza gig.

If you do decide to boycott:
1) Buy local; support your mom-and-pop places, they probably don't even have a handbook.

2) Tell the company you're boycotting WHY you are doing it. Otherwise it's all for naught.

3) Likewise, if they change (fat chance) - congratulate them for winning you back as a customer.
Texican

Gentlemanly Rogue, Projectilist of Distinction, and Son of Old Republic

Rod WMG
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rod WMG »

I tried to send them an e-mail, but the form wouldn't let me.
A man's heart devises [or schemes] his way, but the LORD directs his steps. Proverbs 16:9
bigbore442001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by bigbore442001 »

When in college I worked at stop and rob for many years. They too had a policy of no firearms for the employees. I heartedly ignored that rule and kept my mouth shut. A few state police knew I carried and offered the advice of make sure you put them down.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

AJMD429 wrote:With these sorts of businesses it is sometimes nice to contact them and set up to do some serious business with them (for a local posted 'no-guns' bank I went in with the plan to transfer all sorts of loans, 401k, line of credit, mortgage, checking, credit card, EVERYTHING to them, and got to the very last point of the paperwork - then on the way in for the final signing over of stuff, I 'happened to notice their NO GUNS sign...' and made it the dealbreaker and cancelled everything after explaining that I couldn't ask my wife or an employee to disarm themselves just to go to the bank for me). I don't know how you'd do that with a Pizza Hut (maybe offer them to be your official daily lunch provider for your company?) but that kind of thing can 'educate' them if done right...
I like, I like... :D

As long as you are taking the time to make a point, you might as well make it hurt! :twisted:
ohwin94_61
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ohwin94_61 »

I dont care for Pizza hut anyways there crust is bad i rather eat there cardboard box :roll:
Jason_W
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jason_W »

Fast food of any variety is pretty much poison, right up there with booze and tobacco.

Avoid it for your own health if not for their company policies.
My first attempt at an outdoors website: http://www.diyballistics.com
shawn_c992001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by shawn_c992001 »

I'll hire the guy!!!
SASS#43836
Ain't easy havin' pals.
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

Post by brucew44guns »

You gotta scroll down to the bottom and then you click on "Contact us" to open it up for a message. I did it, what the heck, Ol' James needs a little support. I wonder if Pizza Hut got 3 or 4 million emails if they might change their mind?
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
pshort
Levergunner 3.0

Post by pshort »

Howdy,
I told them that "I hope they don't reinstate him, he deserves
a job with a future". Also no more PH stuff for me..
(Actually, I never went there anyway!)

Paul
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

So this guy was supposed to lay down his life for a pizza was he? Pizza hut sure do over rate thier pizzas don't they! Carry and say nothing and cross the bridge when you have to! Hmm British mentality/politics is kreeping your way :cry:
Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
spurgon
Levergunner 2.0

Post by spurgon »

Ysable
I can't get the link to accept my feedback. It's just another example of an attack on the working man and predatory capitalism. Shame in the land of the free.
Jeeps
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jeeps »

Texican wrote:Their lawyers have done everything to limit liability and it's easier to send condolences to the former employee's family than it is to fight a lawsuit from a scumbag who might get shot trying to rob a delivery driver.
There it is all wrapped up in a nice little basket. Makes ya want to scream :evil:

I can't stand it when laws get in the way of whats right. If there is anything
this country needs is a liability reform. It's getting out of hand.

I can't remember how many years ago it was, but this young "thug" threw a
cinder block through a picture window of a "mom&pop" store and ran in and
grabbed the cash register. On the way out he slipped on the broken glass and
got all cut up.

He sued...

He won...

I'm so glad my local "private" pizzaria has great pie. :D
Jeeps

Semper Fidelis

Pay attention to YOUR Bill of Rights, in this day and age it is all we have.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

This makes me want to vomit. I can't say I will boycott them as I really don't care for pizza except a couple of times a year. (and then, its someone else buying) :D

I have a policy that says, "I'm packing iron wherever I go". I don't care what signs say because as Massad Ayob say's, "Its better to be judged by 12 than carried by six". ---------------Sixgun p.s--I do have a little common sense by staying out of New Jersey, NY, Md. and other places where I am considered a "subject".
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD