I think I should offer an apology

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

I think I should offer an apology

Post by GoatGuy »

Gosh, just read my post in response to Malamute's post in the .45 Colt tread I started yesterday. Seems a mite cantankerous and rude,... almost as if I was "channeling" 6ptSika. Anyways, sorry.
Believe this winter's weather has become too much for this old feller. Cabin fever is a momma dog, for sure!
"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs, he had better first make certain that he has something of value to replace them." - Basuto proverb.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Re: I think I should offer an apology

Post by Mescalero »

Did not rub me wrong.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Usually, most have their big boy pants on :lol: :lol: (but, not always)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

We all get grumpy at times.

Guns that dont work well get to the top of my grumpy list pretty quickly.

The weather gets to many of us also. This winter hasn't been too bad for being in the northern Rockies, a few cold spells, but recently we had a little winter visit us. About 3 feet of snow over a week, and 20-40 mph winds in the tail end of the 2 storms that came through. It was 10 below when I came in from 4 hours of shoveling after it quit. Hand shoveled about 50-60 feet of 2-4 foot deep drifts before the neighbor came over with his tractor and cleared the driveway out from the other end. Didn't have to move much of the 5 foot drift.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

GoatGuy wrote:Gosh, just read my post in response to Malamute's post in the .45 Colt tread I started yesterday. Seems a mite cantankerous and rude,... almost as if I was "channeling" 6ptSika. Anyways, sorry.
Believe this winter's weather has become too much for this old feller. Cabin fever is a momma dog, for sure!
Elaborate on what you said where ever that was derogatory to me ? What ever it was I'm not aware of it , but of course if it was offensive I wanna know what it was so i can retaliate hahahaha !
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Goat Guy,
One thing I dont like is competition to be "Mr. Arrogant". I fully intend on being #1. Back off! :D

Hey man, your thinking too much. The world would be a very boring place if everyone was nice and pretending to be civilized, when in reality, we are all animals who are out for ourselves for self preservation.

I like to "say it like it is" with no sugarcoating. Yes, you will lose camaraderie but the ones you will lose will be "good riddance" and the ones who will stay will be ones that will always have your back.

On their death beds (or near so) I have had 3 realtives who were in their nineties who told me they always admired me for being a "straight shooter" for speaking the truth.

Other than my immediate family, I could care less what others think, but then again, I'm not a businessman. :D

If Leverguns goes away, I'll still have a life.......and a happy one.----------------6

Don't feel guilty, as guilt is a manmade emotion.
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Well personally... if Malamute didn't bust into tears after you read him your riot act, I'm just gonna do it for him...

:(

:lol:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Spring is coming boys.
We are going to make it. :wink:
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

I like it here because sometimes we can be a little less than politically correct, express ourselves without censor, and get over it.

Besides if anyone has never had such a moment let them throw the stones. A real good way to understand other people I figure.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

madman4570 wrote:Spring is coming boys.
I just got back from a quick trip to the Texas hill country --- couple of 50 degree days and one hit about 70 --- this brightened my mood :D -- Of course on the way back i started getting hit with sleet and ice just outside of Waco , then by the time i got to Oklahoma -- roads were solid ice ---

but i did enjoy a couple of days at least
----- Doug
7.62 Precision
Senior Levergunner

Post by 7.62 Precision »

madman4570 wrote:Spring is coming boys.
Spring has been up here already for the last couple months - warm, all the the snow gone. Dog shedding, ***** willows budded, the whole works. :cry:

This morning, a nice blanket of snow and still dumping! Makes me feel much better. :D

It was springtime in Alaska, and it was . . . only February?
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

7.62 I remember Johnny Horton saying "Spring time in Alaska and 40 below"
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15