JNYORK

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

JNYORK

Post by Mescalero »

Heads up, the first F-35 flew into Luke AFB yesterday; more to come.
They will be tearing up that Yuma gunnery range pretty soon.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Re: JNYORK

Post by jnyork »

The Marines here at MCAS Yuma have had them for several months now. We live only 2 miles from the base and see them frequently at low altitude as we are right under the downwind leg when they are shooting touch and go's. Noisy brutes but no worse that the Harriers we have had here for years. I don't mind the noise one bit, it's the sound of me NOT having to take my wife down town and get her fitted for a burka. :D
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

jnyork wrote:The Marines here at MCAS Yuma have had them for several months now. We live only 2 miles from the base and see them frequently at low altitude as we are right under the downwind leg when they are shooting touch and go's. Noisy brutes but no worse that the Harriers we have had here for years. I don't mind the noise one bit, it's the sound of me NOT having to take my wife down town and get her fitted for a burka. :D
You betcha....I straddle McChord AFB, and Ft Lewis.....(I refuse to call it Joint Base Lewis/McChord :roll: ) The multiple sounds of freedom are loud, and plentiful around here. :D :D
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
92&94
Senior Levergunner

Post by 92&94 »

When I was in college I lived right under the Davis Monthan approach, got used to the nice quiet A-10's flying over. Then there would be the occasional Harrier or F4 that would really get your attention :mrgreen:

Not as fun as an air show, but still fun! :lol:
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

I live in one of the most sparsely populated parts of the country. Fighter aircraft from the USAF Reserve Base in Klamath Falls, OR practice their air combat manuvers in the area directly above my house. What's really cool is to see them deploy chaff especially at night when you can follow it easily as it appears to be on fire. It's really something to see two to six jets manuvering around each other. They make a lot of noise and I enjoy every second of it.
ED
Yer never too old