Some People....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Some People....

Post by jkbrea »

I went to a Turner's Outdoorsman here in Cal to sell a scoped Ruger Redhawk to a guy. I carried it to the store in a zippered case from my truck. As I was about to open the door, some short dumpy foreign woman walked by and saw the zippered bag and immediately started going off of me. At first I thought she was joking and had a hard time understanding her accent.. She said, "Yeah, go buy more guns like you need them. People like you killed those kids back east. You're an a hole You must be a Republican! F you!" I stood there kind of dumbfounded until I realized she wasn't joking. I told her, "As a matter of fact, I am a Republican, (sorry Doc :lol: ), and you should thank every armed American, because of us, your people can come to this country....so (I threw in my own greeting there). She then waddled away mumbling into a restaurant. I have no idea what nationality she was, not good at that because I don't care, I imagine Filipino or Polynesian descent. Doesn't matter. As a matter of fact, the kid that bought the gun was of Chinese descent and taking it on an extended Alaskan fishing/hiking trip. Maybe I didn't handle it well and should have just ignored her, but even in California, she was way over the top. The girls working inside were a little shocked. They never saw anyone harass their customers like that. No harm but it was strange. I'm buying another gun now. :D
Centennial
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Some People....

Post by Centennial »

" I stood there kind of dumbfounded until I realized she wasn't joking. I told her, "As a matter of fact, I am a Republican........, and you should thank every armed American, because of us, your people can come to this country....so (I threw in my own greeting there)."..........

I think that part was real good!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I suspect you were more polite than I would have been.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

BlaineG wrote:I suspect you were more polite than I would have been.
Same here. Anti-gun idiots are the one thing that make me flustered enough to lose my temper and 'go off' on them verbally.

No 'Republican' apologies needed; the real-world Republicans are pretty good people - the kind who made this nation great. The problem is the RINO's who control things within the 'Party' - they are generally a bunch of power-hungry, arrogant, elitist statists, who happily subordinate their alleged religious beliefs to the government. 'Morality' isn't decided by democratic vote, any more than gun ownership should be - government is merely a human-invented mechanism to regulate relationships between humans, NOT a divinely-inspired omnipotent ruler over mankind. Most of us realize that, but sadly, not those who run the RINO-Party.

THIS POSTER has always been posted in every one of my exam-rooms, and it is intended to be an awakening slap-in-the-face to any IDIOT who supports 'gun control' - regardless of whether they do it because they think they are intellectually-superior, or from a more-peaceful nation, or just 'for the children'...

Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Centennial
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Centennial »

That is a sobering and documenting photo, how people could do that and then think enough of it to allow themselves being photographed. We have to be ever vigilant because those evil people do exist and walk among us.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

You cannot reason with a retart so I would have reached in my pocket and handed the woman two quarters and after looking at the puzzled look on her face, I would have said, "here, call someone who gives a $&/@.

Doc,
My mother lived through that era in Germany. She related the stories to me and the fear that the common German had in them during that awful period. Many of her friends were Jewish and she could not understand how one day they all just disappeared.

The scary thing is the political climate at the time was just about how it is here, right now. The difference between then and now is some of us know how evil triumphs through the mouth of a deceiving leader but we will not be deceived. That's why I will never give them nothing to "make our streets safer". If I want to have 10,000 AR 15's with 100 round mags, I will.---6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Centennial wrote:That is a sobering and documenting photo, how people could do that and then think enough of it to allow themselves being photographed. We have to be ever vigilant because those evil people do exist and walk among us.
Yep.

I've worked in environments where people told me things about that poster like "That's not appropriate for a doctor's office," or "That might offend some people." Most guys would probably have then taken the poster down, but instead, I had laminated copies made, and not only put them up in the exam rooms, but started handing them out to other people and patients if they promised to post them in their places of business or wherever. :twisted: Then I also printed up some on regular paper, with a bibliography of studies refuting the B.S. behind 'gun control' (i.e. Kates' article from Tennessee Law Review - links below), and slipped them in the "books on Gun Control" in the public and school libraries, so the kids reading the 'assigned' and contrived anti-gun garbage the public schools encourage them to read got to see some of the counter-arguments.

ALL of us have to do this stuff, and do it constantly, regardless of who it "offends". If someone is "offended" by firearms, then they can move to North Korea - I understand none of their neighbors there would be firearms owners.

Kates' article in regular html and pdf formats:
See section XIII - I always highlight this section (the parts in 'blue' below) and fold it out to make it the 'top' page people see:
XIII. A Critique of Overt Mendacity

A 1989 article in the Journal of the American Medical Association approvingly quoted a CDC official's assertion that his work for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention involved "systematically build[ing]a case that owning firearms causes death."[258] The CDC official later claimed that JAMA had misquoted him and offered the only repudiation of the anti-gun political agenda we have found in a health advocacy publication, characterizing it as "anathema to any unbiased scientific inquiry because it assumes the conclusion at the outset and then attempts to find evidence to support it."[259]

Unfortunately, that is precisely what CDC is doing. Indeed, this has subsequently been avowed by the prior official's successor.[260] Even more unfortunately, CDC and other health advocate sages build their case not only by suppressing facts, but by overt fraud, fabricating statistics, and falsifying references to support them.[261] The following are but a few of the many examples documented in a recent paper co-authored by professors at Columbia Medical School and Rutgers University Law School.

The first instance represents a lamentable exception to our generalization that comparisons of gun ownership and murder rates through the 1970s and 1980s find no place in the health advocacy literature.[262] Some health sages go so far as to overtly misrepresent that murder rates increased over that period, and then correlate this misrepresentation with the same period's steadily increasing gun ownership so as to lend spurious support to their more-guns-mean-more-murder shibboleth. Thus, a 1989 Report to the United States Congress by the CDC stated that "[s]ince the early 1970s the year-to-year fluctuations in firearm availability has [sic] paralleled the numbers of homicides."[263] We leave it to the readers of (p.577)this Article to judge how a 69% increase in handgun ownership over the fifteen year period from 1974 to 1988 could honestly be described as having "paralleled" a 14.2% decrease in homicide during that same period.[264]

Understandably, the CDC Report offered no supporting reference for its claim of parallelism. However, the inventive Dr. Diane Schetky, and two equally inventive CDC writers--Gordon Smith and Henry Falk--in a separate article actually do provide purportedly supporting citations for the claim that "[h]andguns account for only 20% of the firearms in use today, but they are involved in the majority of both criminal and unintentional firearm injuries."[265] The problems with this claim are that the claim is false in every respect and that the citations are fabrications. The purpose of the claim is to exaggerate the comparative risks of handguns vis-a-vis long guns so as to fortify the cause of handgun prohibition and avoid admitting the major problem we have already addressed--that, because handguns are innately far safer than long guns, if a handgun ban caused defensive gun owners to keep loaded long guns instead (as handgun ban advocates and experts concur would be the case), thousands more might die in fatal gun accidents annually.[266]

The only citation given by either Schetky or Smith and Falk to support their claim that handguns comprise only 20% of all guns, yet are involved in 90% of gun accidents and crime, is the FBI's Uniform Crime Reports.[267] Understandably, no page citations are given, because the citations are simply falsified. As anyone familiar with the Uniform Crime Reports knows, they provide no data on gun ownership, and thus no comparative data on handgun versus long gun ownership. Nor do the Uniform Crime Reports provide data on accidents in general, thus no data on gun accidents, and thus no comparative data on the incidence of handgun accidents versus long guns accidents. Schetky, Smith, and Falk could have found data on these matters in the National Safety Council's Accident Facts, but those data would not have suited their purpose because these statistics do not support the point they sought to make.(p.578)

Furthermore, the Uniform Crime Reports give no data on the number of persons injured in gun crimes or the number of such injures in handgun crimes versus long gun crimes. They do give such data for gun murders, but even those data do not support Schetky's claim that 90% are committed with handguns.[268] Every one of the other purported statistics given by Schetky, Smith, and Falk is not only wrong, but wrong in only one particular direction. Each false statistic errs in supporting their point, whereas an accurate rendition of the statistic would not have done so. It is, of course, elementary that innocent mistakes tend to be random and to balance each other rather than all erring in favor of the position for which they are presented.

Another instance of overt mendacity involves the remarkable Dr. Sloan. Giving him the benefit of the doubt, we classified other mischaracterizations by him as gun-aversive-dyslexia. It strains even that generous category, however, to so classify an inability to accurately read and describe one's own articles. The gravamen of the Sloan two-city comparison discussed previously was that the strict 1978 Canadian gun law caused Vancouver to have less homicide than Seattle, where any responsible adult can buy a handgun.[269] But as an NRA representative pointed out in a critical letter to the New England Journal of Medicine, the authors had made no effort to determine how Canadian homicide had changed since adopting the law.[270] In fact, the homicide rate had not fallen, but rather it had risen slightly, with handgun use unchanged at about one-eighth of homicides. Sloan tried to extricate himself from this embarrassment by mendaciously asserting that the "intent of our article was not to evaluate the effect of the 1978 Canadian gun law."[271] Readers may judge for themselves how well that squares with the article's actual conclusion: "[R]estriction of access to firearms ... is associated with lower rates of homicide."[272] Health advocate readers have certainly understood the significance of the article to be that it "demonstrated the beneficial effect of [Canada's] tighter regulation" of firearms.[273]

It is misleading to suggest that, heavily politicized though it is, the anti-gun health advocacy literature commonly exhibits overt mendacity, as opposed to fraudulent misleading by half-truth and suppression of material facts. Overt (p.579)mendacity is not infrequent, however, and numerous examples will be documented in the next section and in the balance of this Article.
Not only is this TYPICAL of the arrogant and blatant FABRICATION and lies the 'Medical Literature on Firearms', but in contrast, the evil 'NRA' was cited along with the American Library Association by the Library of Congress in the 1970's as "one of the two most consistently truthful lobbying organizations".

Stuff like that needs distributed far and wide and continuously....!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "