OT-THE LAST PLACE I LOOKED

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
papabear
Levergunner 2.0

OT-THE LAST PLACE I LOOKED

Post by papabear »

THE LAST PLACE I LOOKED

I lost my keys and spent about 45 minuets looking for them. I finally found them and my wife Robin makes the usual comment about them being in the last place that I looked and I thought to my self of course it was in the last place I looked I found them why would I look any further and I started thinking about it If I looked in one room or ten rooms when I found the keys that is the last place I would look as I stopped looking if I Looked and found them in the first place I looked would it not also be the last place I looked as I already found them why look any further so when you find some thing is it not your last place that you looked for it thanks for the rant

Bill [papabear]
PARENTS DON'T TAKE PICTURES OF THEIR KIDS PLAYING VIDEO GAMES
====================================================================
For Those Who Understand No Explanation Is Needed
For Those Who Don't None Will Do
====================================================================
Member Of The N.R.A.-North American Hunting club-Syosset Gun Club
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT-THE LAST PLACE I LOOKED

Post by Mescalero »

Yes,
It is just one of those inane things people say.
I have been with my girlfriend for 33 years, she always says " where did you have it last "?................................................
If I knew that, I would look there first!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

We searched high and low for two hrs for my brother's glasses before leaving on a trip . Finally, we gave upland decided to leave. There they werecon the truck hood. I'm sure there is some sort of a moral or lesson here.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

It would be a supreme waste of time for me to look for things "the last place I had it" or "where I left it", because I have a wife that puts things "where they belong".

Unfortunately, where she thinks things belong and where I think things belong are diametrically different.

She gripes because I'm always asking her where my things are. As an example:

"Baby, where's the loading manual I left on the dining room table?"

"Where did you leave it?"

"Uh... on the dining room table... it's not there anymore, so I thought I'd ask..."

"Then look where it belongs."

"Where does it belong?

"I swear. Why am I expected to keep track of everything in the house?"

"But, Baby... you..."

"Look for it yourself."

"Yeah, thanks Doll..."

:?
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

When I "lose" my glasses, about the last place I look (until told about it by my Green-Eyed Monster) is on the top of my head................... :roll:

jazman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jazman »

Not quite the same, but close. My workbench looks like a bomb hit it, but I can find anything I want on (in?) it. Small screw, washer, tool, no worries. My wife cleaned it up for me once, I couldn't find anything for months. Nothing worse.
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly"
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Whenever I "misplace" something... I just wait 24 hours... and ask my wife where it is... She won't have looked for it, moved it or anything... she just updates her mental inventory about once a day...

But... sometimes I'm able to stump her... my little Nikon has been missing since Christmas when I went over to 86ers... must be out in my shop... or p/u... or my... no, can't be there!!!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
flightsimmer
Levergunner 2.0

Post by flightsimmer »

You know, that's like "Why is it that the slowest guy in a line of cars on the highway is always the first in line". Why can't he get in the back?
10mm, when you care enough to send the very best.
If possible, so much as it depends on you, be at peace with all men. Rom 12:18
wolfdog
Levergunner 3.0

Post by wolfdog »

flightsimmer wrote:You know, that's like "Why is it that the slowest guy in a line of cars on the highway is always the first in line". Why can't he get in the back?
LOL! Guy I used to hunt with hated the route I liked to take because of an 80 mile stretch of 2 lane, which he complained about because every time he went down it he would always get stuck behind some slow poke with bunches of cars stacked up behind him. I told him in all my trips down that road that never happened to me. When he expressed disbelief , I went on to explain how every time I would get to a passing zone a bunch of cars would pass me, but I never got stuck behind any slowpokes.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

AND, whenever you look for something it's always in the last place you look.

Cause when you find it you quit looking.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
grouse
Levergunner 1.0

Post by grouse »

I always think when someone tells me they found something "in the last place they looked" what maybe they mean is they found there something in "the last place they would have thought to look.

Yeah, when I hear that saying its like someone scratching on a chalk board...!