Rossi Parts - do they not sell them any more...???

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Rossi Parts - do they not sell them any more...???

Post by AJMD429 »

In another thread, BenT said - "The gun with the problem was made Aug of 2012 thus passed the year warranty and they don't sell internal parts."

If that's true, that's disappointing. I bought a few spare parts a couple years ago from SOME 'Rossi' place (dunno if it was Rossi, or Taurus, or whatever), and meant to get a few more 'just in case'. I figure even ones I'm not smart enough to install are good to have on hand just in case their importation or manufacturing status changes.

Anyone buy "internal parts" for Ross 92's recently...???
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Rossi Parts - do they not sell them any more...???

Post by Pete44ru »

WAL.......... Rossi usta sell parts, then just lately they're not............. :o

T-day, they're "working on it". :roll: . :roll:

Why Steve (Nate "Kiowa" Jones) is looking at making, or having made, his own parts.

Last edited by Pete44ru on Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

If you can get one... and nothing else... get a spare firing pin.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
DPris
Levergunner 3.0

Post by DPris »

If you can get TWO and nothing else, get a firing pin & an extractor. :)
Denis
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

What I wanted was new cartridge guides, The Rep from Braztech told they don't sell parts, I need to send it in for repairs. I don't know if he just meant cartridge guides, but he made it sound like no parts. It only takes about 45 minutes of hold time to find out for sure. If I needed something I would try again, but I'm good for now.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

BenT wrote:What I wanted was new cartridge guides, The Rep from Braztech told they don't sell parts, I need to send it in for repairs. I don't know if he just meant cartridge guides, but he made it sound like no parts. It only takes about 45 minutes of hold time to find out for sure. If I needed something I would try again, but I'm good for now.
With a Dremel® took your can remove a little of the materil at the rear of the rim slots to lengthen them and feed longer rounds... And you can ruin them also!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Griff wrote:With a Dremel® took your can remove a little of the materil at the rear of the rim slots to lengthen them and feed longer rounds... And you can ruin them also!
Yep. I usually seem to wind up choosing the latter option. . . :oops:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

Doc,

You could try Steve Young:

www.stevesgunz.com

...or these people, who used to be a Rossi repair center:

http://mmgunsmithing.com/

Shawn
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

Griff wrote:
BenT wrote:What I wanted was new cartridge guides, The Rep from Braztech told they don't sell parts, I need to send it in for repairs. I don't know if he just meant cartridge guides, but he made it sound like no parts. It only takes about 45 minutes of hold time to find out for sure. If I needed something I would try again, but I'm good for now.
With a Dremel® took your can remove a little of the materil at the rear of the rim slots to lengthen them and feed longer rounds... And you can ruin them also!
Griff you are correct. I did remove a little off the back of the rim slot. But I need to add metal to the front of the slot so the rim will hit it and start lifting up the rear of the cartridge.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

When I sent Mike at M&M that P.O.S. Rossi I had to get it to shoot he shimmed the cartridge guides to narrow the space between them. That made the cartridge rim follow the guide slots and feed, not jam up.
I didn't see any metal work on the guide slots so I'm thinking all he did was shim them.
You might try that.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***