YA just knew it had to happen: lawyers & Flight MH370

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

YA just knew it had to happen: lawyers & Flight MH370

Post by Ray Newman »

"Kuala Lumpur (AFP) - Dozens of floating objects detected at sea provided fresh evidence Wednesday that the difficult search for flight MH370 debris was on course, as US lawyers fired the first salvo in an expected barrage of lawsuits on behalf of grieving families.
"But as the search continued, US law firm Ribbeck Law Chartered International said it was getting the ball rolling on potentially 'multi-million dollar" lawsuits against Malaysia Airlines and Boeing.

" - Airline and Boeing are 'responsible'

" 'We are going to be filing the lawsuits for millions of dollars per each passenger based on prior cases that we have done involving crashes like this ' the firm's head of aviation litigation, Monica Kelly, told reporters in Kuala Lumpur.

"A separate statement by the firm, which filed an initial court petition in the US state of Illinois on Tuesday, said the two companies 'are responsible for the disaster of Flight MH370' ".

Read all 'bout it: http://news.yahoo.com/search-back-mh...220733812.html
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: YA just knew it had to happen: lawyers & Flight MH370

Post by J Miller »

A "no win" situation. The only entities that will profit are the filthy scavengers filing these pre-mature law suits.

Hopefully enough evidence will be found that will prove Boeing is not to blame for this.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

I'm with Shakespeare.....
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Bull stuff - if ANY one other than the actual hijackers is "responsible" it is the various governments, that support "gun control".
  • Try hijacking an airline when 10% of the passengers have concealed handguns on their person. It won't work.

Try hijacking one when not only the passengers, but the airline employees, have been disarmed. Piece of cake.
I suppose the AIRLINE could be considered as 'contributory', in the sense that they should all REFUSE to send planes to any place which prohibits airline employees OR passengers from carrying concealed weapons. Granted, I'm not an 'airline', but I refuse to do business with anyone or go any place that denies such a fundamental human right; nor would I do business with anyone supporting slavery. So in that sense, sue the airlines, but NOT because they didn't have enough armed guards or tight screening of ID cards - sue them for the RIGHT reason - they prohibited dozens of individuals from having the means to protect themselves.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

When was it established that the plane was hijacked???
Senior Levergunner

Post by 2571 »

"The only entities that will profit are the filthy scavengers filing these pre-mature law suits."

"Pre-mature" Do you have inside information about this matter? If so, why have'nt you spoken before now??

Are you a stock holder with Malaysian Airlines, Boeing or both?
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Mescalero wrote:When was it established that the plane was hijacked???
I guess it depends on the definition. I consider it 'hijacked' even if it were the pilot or crew who did it.

At any rate, it seems self-evident that something very un-democratic happened, and a plane with a hundred armed passengers is the ultimate democracy.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Hi jacked , run ahmuck whatever . I'm just glad I wasn't on the plane !
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

2571 wrote:"The only entities that will profit are the filthy scavengers filing these pre-mature law suits."

"Pre-mature" Do you have inside information about this matter? If so, why have'nt you spoken before now??

Are you a stock holder with Malaysian Airlines, Boeing or both?
Premature because nobody knows for sure why that aircraft went down. Find the cause first then do the suits.
I haven't spoken before because I was in the hospital with pneumonia watching all the news broadcasts on their boob tube.

Not a stock holder in anything. Just someone who's watched greedy lawyers circle the incident like vultures in the desert.
Also if you have any concept of what it takes to design and build an airplane like the Boeing 777, then you'd realize it's a very slim chance if any that it's Boeing's fault.

Considering what has been reported it's most likely a hijacked airplane.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Centennial
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Centennial »

vancelw wrote:I'm with Shakespeare.....
Me too.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

As someone who has actually worked with passenger jetliners, I can tell you that a " smoke in the cabin " event triggers a series of cascading events.
A flurry of activity takes place and things can get very chaotic, it happens more than people think and most times all ends well.
This may be one of those times with a not so happy ending.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Centennial wrote:
vancelw wrote:I'm with Shakespeare.....
Me too.
Me three. Vultures one and all.... :evil: :evil: :evil:
Senior Levergunner

Post by 2571 »

Yeah, micturate on all those innocent passengers. God forbid a giant corporation like Boeing have to pay for a mistake that injured American nationals.

Wonder why Malaysian Air carries insurance limits for their largest aircraft on smaller planes like the one lost.

Do any of y'all understand the concept of a statute of limitations? Think that has any influence on Boeing using black box batteries that only last 28 days?
Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

Post by Thunder50 »

How do you know it was Boeings mistake?

Takes alot of power to transmit the "pings" for a month. Leave an interior light on in your car and see how long the battery lasts. Can it doe it at 15,000 ocean depth.

If it was the pilot hijacking the plane, then the carrier and the pilots estate should be the only ones held accountable.
The meek shall inherit the earth, but I reserve the mineral rights!
All the knowledge in the world, is of no use to fools! (Eagles-long road out of Eden)