Reloading components back in stock.....finally

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
shooter
Senior Levergunner

Reloading components back in stock.....finally

Post by shooter »

Made a trip to Dallas Market Hall for a gun show today. I was pleasantly surprised to find reloading components, especially primers and powder, to be readily available at non gouged prices. Primers were a little higher than I would like to pay, but most were in the $30-$35 a thousand range, which is what the new normal seems to be. I even found a couple of 8 pound jugs of 3031!! I haven't seen that powder in ages, much less 8 pounds of it. I bought one. I was tempted to snatch up 8 pounds of 4895 as well, but held off on that one. The stuff was all over the place today, which is a good sign. The only thing that seems to still be in short supply is .22lr. I'm glad to see things becoming more available. Better stock up before the next dry spell.
‎"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen" - Samuel Adams
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Reloading components back in stock.....finally

Post by Blaine »

This is sort of what I'm seeing, but, powders don't seem to be catching up to demand. Unique, Universal Clays, Red/Green Dot are unobtainium.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

And the next dry spell is right around the corner.

If Hitlary throws her hat in the Presidential ring, look out.

If she gets nominated it'll all go down hill from there.

We've got about five or six months I think.

Cat
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

I went to Market Hall on Saturday and got LP primers for $3 per 100. I was looking for an automatic knife but I did not see one that called out to me. Nothing else was within the range of the contents of my wallet, but there was a good selection of firearms, accessories and reloading stuff. More vendors too.
Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
Centennial
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Centennial »

I think the current prices like mentioned above are going to be the new norm. Since the re-eletion of whatsisface in 2012 and all the "Quantitative Easing" devaluing the dollar (why don't they just call it what it is) We just need to all get a pay raise. LOL
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

I was at Market Hall Sunday and noticed more powder vendors...
The Tulsa show the weekend before had reloading supply vendors everywhere.
I wanted to buy a few (thousand) primers but forgot to check my inventory...I guess I couldn't have gone wrong with LR.
Passed on a Ruger No.1 .45-70 at $535. Was sure tempted but I have so many .45-70s already.
Market Hall looked tiny after Tulsa :shock:

Dealers were still gouging on .22 lr. Hope my stash holds up...
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
shooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by shooter »

The prices on .22 still p*ss me off. I found a vendor that had at least 20 bricks of .22, and wanted $65 per brick. For $20-$25 per I would have maybe picked up a couple. At $65, you can keep them. I can reload other calibers cheaper.
‎"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen" - Samuel Adams
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

I wish that were the case around here. :cry:
NRA Life Member
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Catshooter wrote:And the next dry spell is right around the corner.
If Hitlary throws her hat in the Presidential ring, look out.
If she gets nominated it'll all go down hill from there.
We've got about five or six months I think.Cat

Yea, I've been giving that some thought lately. I truly hope that pig decides not to run.....and the scary thing.....what if the pig wins?......That nasty old worn out liar is more dangerous than Obama, when it comes to our guns.

Yea, better stock up. I can see it now........the 2016 election of the pigs

Vote for Pig #1.

Vote for Pig #2
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

Six,

To my tiny little mind, you are dead correct.

I think she is far more dangerous than (apparently someone prefers ad hominem attacks to reasonable discussion). She's smart.

And she could well win. I mean, who's going to run against her? Another zero like McCain?

I've been looking at what I have in guns and components and trying to find holes, things I might want. They may turn into unobtainium soon. Hell, we know they ain't gonna get cheaper!

I could see a $5 tax on every single little thing (like per round/primer) or since guns are hazardous maybe have to ship everything by next day air. I'm on a fixed income and it is doing a fine job of staying fixed.

Or maybe I'm full of it and prices will soon be dropping to the $7.50 per thousand for primers and the same a pound for powder. :lol:

Cat
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

What you guys say you see at the variouse dealers or gun shows does not match up with what I see from the three distributers I use most often .

And generally when I bring a load back it's all sold in two weeks . I could make a trip to one of our distributers every two weeks I think . But 3 1/2 hours up and 3 1/2 hours back the same day get a little old ! So I try and go every 6-8 weeks .

But on the other hand if they don't have atleast $3000 worth of what we order it isn't worth me making the drive to get anything . The distributer I buy most of the powder from gets a shipment from Alliant and Hogdon once each month . Never at the same time so some times I can get one but not the other . Trip I made week before last I was there two days after the Hogdon truck got there and they informed me 2/3's of what they got was gone or set aside already !

I used to get the majority of our loading stuff from a place in Winston Salem area . But they can't give you any idea how much you're gonna get or time frame as they delivered . As long as we had over $1500 delivery was a flat $60 and I DIDN't HAVE TO DRIVE :wink:

I usually pick up half a ton of shot . But the profit off shot will not pay the gas up and back ! 40 bags of shot marked up $3 a bag is $120 my gas and time are a bit over that !

I think my friend sells shot at about $47 a bag and his cost is $44 from the distributer I've been picking up from lately . It's fair to say he uses shot more as a drawing card same as alot of dealers used to do when they sold hunting/fishing licenses .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

^^^^ Not to change th e subject but, 6pt-sika did you post any pics of your trip to PI?

. I was.in a few gun shops in Mississippi and they had very little components.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Cat,
If the pig does run, I believe she will run against pig #2 (New Jersey oinker)

I'm from the East and I can easily get the feeling from everyone that pig #2 is the only one who can beat pig #1.

But if the she-pig does beat the he-pig I would not worry about getting overly stocked up. After what we all saw in Nevada this week really gives me hope that there I are still people in this great nation who still have a set of nuts on them.-------6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

3leggedturtle wrote:^^^^ Not to change th e subject but, 6pt-sika did you post any pics of your trip to PI?

no
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

Yea, Nevada was pretty impressive. I hope it's over.

There are plenty of people who still have a pair Six. That's what makes the elected criminals so very nervous.

If she wins, by the time she wins there won't be squat of gun related goodies to be had pretty near anywhere. Or so it seems to me.

Cat