Freedom Munitions Ammo

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Freedom Munitions Ammo

Post by JohndeFresno »

Levergunners,

On August 22, 2012, Oneyeopn wrote about some Freedom Munitions ammo that apparently worked well in his Rossi Levergun:
http://www.levergunscommunity.com/viewt ... ns#p541127

At around 30 cents a round, they currently offer .45 ACP ammo - I think it was 500 rounds. That is pretty inexpensive. And they have deals every day or so, as of late.

Does anybody have any current experience with this ammunition manufacturer's "reman" products? Given the fact that you get brass with the loads, it seems like they can beat my savings making loads with once fired brass. Then, it would seem, I can reuse that brass in my own handloads.

Thanks in advance.
Treg06
Levergunner

Re: Freedom Munitions Ammo

Post by Treg06 »

John,
My buddies and I have made several "reman" ammo purchases over the past couple of months from Freedom. The pricing and the quality are great and we've not experienced any FTF or FTE incidences during our recent range trips. Also, I believe they offer a "brass credit" program where you can send in your spent brass and they'll credit your account based upon the market rate ($/pound). Shipping is reasonable and fast.

I recommend you give them a try (http://www.freedommunitions.com/#&panel1-2),

Treg06
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Treg06 wrote:John,
...The pricing and the quality are great and we've not experienced any FTF or FTE incidences...Shipping is reasonable and fast....give them a try (http://www.freedommunitions.com/#&panel1-2),

Treg06
Excellent. Thank you, Treg06!
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

Last time I checked they were offering $2.50/lb toward your purchase, but they will not give any credit back if it exceeds your purchase.
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

JDad,

That seems reasonable to me, since they are primarily in the sales business.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Freedom Munitions also manufactures X-Treme Bullets for reloading. These are high-quality bullets at very reasonable prices. Last month they ran a "free-shipping" month online. It was great! :D
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Thank you for the tip. I saw the link but did not realize that the one owns the other.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

JohndeFresno wrote:Thank you for the tip. I saw the link but did not realize that the one owns the other.
Hey, they are running the same free shipping on any orders of any size until the end of the month (9/30).
mod71alaska
Senior Levergunner

Post by mod71alaska »

John, in early Sept I tried a buddy's Freedom Munitions' .308 A-max (new manuf.) ammo. It was deadly accurate out of both of our rifles. I was so impressed I bought several hundred rounds. FM gave me excellent service, the price for the ammo was right, and shipping was free. Based on my experience I'd highly recommend Freedom Munitions. I would like to think their reman. ammo is equally as good.

Let us know.
Last edited by mod71alaska on Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Thanks, YK and Mod71!
Leverdude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverdude »

Iv used a couple thousand rounds of their 9mm, both new and reman. My guns eat it up and it seems acurate enough for my uses.
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

I think that today is the last day for free shipping for these two sites. Thanx, Leverdude.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I looked at their site, and much of what I shoot is out of stock. The prices look good, and I will try again later to see if they have what I want in stock.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost