PPI or PPR Brass

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
308magtip
Levergunner 2.0

PPI or PPR Brass

Post by 308magtip »

Has anyone had any issues with this brass in boxer primed .308 win? My normal choice of primers would be a Win LRM with win 748 powder but the primer pocket is a hair to tight.I found CCI LRM primers fit ok with just a slight amount of force to seat them.I load for my Mod 88 and stay on the 3/4 power side with speer 2025 bullets.
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Re: PPI or PPR Brass

Post by Hagler »

308magtip,

Could your brass be PPU, also known as PRVI PARTIZAN, Article # C-020, lower left column?:

http://www.prvipartizan.com/rcases.php

.30 Carbine headstamp, to show PPU marking:

Shawn
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I quit using CCI primers for the vast majority of my reloading as I've found them to be harder to seat. I pretty much only use them in when I want magnum primers.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BigSky56 »

I have loaded PPU prvi partizan 303 savage cases with wlr and cci no problems, maybe run a primer pocket uniformer in a couple to see if you shave brass if not then they are good to go, by the way those speer magtips are good bullets I hope that since speer has dropped the deepcurls they will gear up the magtips again good elk bullets. danny