redfield sight for win 88

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
308magtip
Levergunner 2.0

redfield sight for win 88

Post by 308magtip »

I am looking for the proper Redfield peepsight to put on my Win Model 88.Gun is factory drilled and tapped on the side of receiver.Anyone have info on correct Redfield model,where I can buy one and at what price.A very good used one will be ok if NIB is not an option.
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Re: redfield sight for win 88

Post by ollogger »

some times on Ebay ive seen them for a 88 the old ones always went for more than I was willing to spend, I gave up & put a scope on it

ollogger
308magtip
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 308magtip »

I am looking for info on where to or how to contact person or persons who may have one for sale.Could be a Lyman 66w88 sight.
Charles
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Charles »

I don't recall the number, but I have a Lyman 66 on one of my Winchester 88 and it makes for a fast handling rig. I bought it used off Ebay about 8 years ago for $25.00 or so and it came with the correct front sight and the screws. The 88 stock has lots of drop at the heel in the stock and works very well with a peep sight. The sight screwed right on and I didn't have to modify the stock in any way as is sometimes the case with peep sights.
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BigSky56 »

Redfield # 80W fits the win 88 & 100 check ebay and maybe the gun auctions. williams makes a couple different receiver peeps the FP 88 & WGRS-100 (88,100&finnwolf) which uses the back scope mount holes. danny
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

308magtip wrote:I am looking for info on where to or how to contact person or persons who may have one for sale.Could be a Lyman 66w88 sight.
Ebay IS your best option, for "person or persons who may have one for sale". :wink:

NIB Redfield 70 or 80 will cost $200+ and if it has "T"arget knobs quite a bit more. A used Lyman will be easier to find and considerably less expensive.....under $100 depending on condition.

Correct Redfield code is "WW", for the 88 & 100.
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.