Oh, No...We Don't Want Your Guns.....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Oh, No...We Don't Want Your Guns.....

Post by Blaine »

:evil: "We", the People could have told them the truth.....Otherwise innocent gun owners being stripped of their weapons, and rights.....Coming to your state soon enough.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/12/07/ne ... -unstable/
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Oh, No...We Don't Want Your Guns.....

Post by AJMD429 »

Yep.

They always just claim to want to 'register' guns, to 'keep track of them' and/or to 'keep them out of the wrong hands', then when their plan is implemented, the results are far beyond that.

It is always 'for the children' and other nice-sounding things that the sound-byte generation has too much trouble parsing to actually figure out that the policies actually endanger children more than help them.

Incrementalism at its finest... :evil:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

No news here. We knew this was in the law from the get go. Much of the law hasn't really kicked in though, but now that the election is over, and the NYC libs put emperor Cuomo back in office, they can start implementing the rest of it. Almost two years in and I'm shocked at all the NY gun owners I meet who not only have no idea what's in the law, but never even heard of it. Sad but true and I guess not surprising.
Slow is just slow.
Panzercat
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Panzercat »

I'm wondering what the criteria is to be flagged as 'mentally unstable'? Seeing as it's never mentioned. Not to mention yet another reason to be suspicious of the insertion of physician driven gun inquiries.
...Proud owner of the 11.43×23mm automatic using depleted Thorium rounds.
cjensen
Levergunner

Post by cjensen »

I am sure a data base is being generated in each of the medical pot states where people are still illegal users in the eyes of the Federal Gov. Are they just waiting for this to grow before they decide to lower the boom. The 4473 form specificly excludes any illegal user of pot. In the recreation States, are they traking people buying it at the stores by name?
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Post by hondo1892 »

I met a veteran the other day at Wally world and he received a brain injury over in Iraq. He says he can't buy firearms any longer because of the injury. He's never been told he was mentally unstable he just has seziers now.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

cjensen wrote:I am sure a data base is being generated in each of the medical pot states where people are still illegal users in the eyes of the Federal Gov. Are they just waiting for this to grow before they decide to lower the boom. The 4473 form specificly excludes any illegal user of pot. In the recreation States, are they traking people buying it at the stores by name?
Good point, and I wouldn't be surprised if that is the scheme. One more 'unintended' ( :roll: ) consequence of the Holy War on Drugs...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

That's always been the goal, total disarmament. No doubts. Everything else is just glitter to cover the real goal.

But no, it's not coming to South Dakota, not here. Not to say that some day in the far future it couldn't, sure it could. But not anywhere soon.

Cat
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

That's what they all say, right before it does.
Slow is just slow.