OT - Good Seafood in San Diego

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Griff
Posting leader...

OT - Good Seafood in San Diego

Post by Griff »

or National City w/parking for motorhome sized vehicle?
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
71fan
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 71fan »

Is anyone else invited? :wink:

There are some excellent places downtown in the Gaslamp and right on the bay, as well as on Coronado. But the vehicle definitely causes a bit of a problem. You could park in Mission Valley or various other parking areas along the trolley line and take the trolley into downtown, just be sure it's not a game night or you'll be fighting crowds. Once downtown you could even catch a ferry or taxi-boat to Coronado. Anything's possible.

If you can get to the Gaslamp district downtown, Oceanaire gets my highest recommendation by far. It is awesome:
http://www.theoceanaire.com/location/index.asp?id=6

PM me if this sounds doable and you want more info.
Chad
95fan
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 95fan »

You might also try the fish house located next to the cruse terminals off harbor boulevard down town. The USS Midway is docked right beside the restaurant and is open for tours if you get there early enough. I second 71's Idea about the parking, the trolley is a very convenient way to get to down town. There is some parking down there but it is few and far between for larger vehicles.
A perfect day can only be achieved while hunting
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Well, it seems I'm stuck in Otay Mesa overnite. Asked around, but apparently pescado isn't a popular Mexican fare in San Diego. :lol: But... got hungry before I got back to the computer; on the bright side, a bowl of menudo later and I'm feeling chipper again!

Oh well, I'll just have to wait and see what tomorrow brings. Maybe work, maybe not! If I'm still here tomorrow evening, I'll definitely PM ya both. Go figure, both the 71 & 95 "fans" are in San Diego... must say, I never noticed that before! :lol: I thought there was only "Charger" fans.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
71fan
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 71fan »

And we're hunting and shooting buddies. And we have the same birthday, go figure. You could say he sort of copied my name, with my blessing of course 8) 8)
Chad
Guncase
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Guncase »

How 'bout the buffet on the Robert E. Lee. I remember eating there in my Navy days. You probably wouldn't want to take you truck down to Harbor Island though.
" I never went to college, but I sure paid for my education."
A favorite quote from my Grandfather.
jjames
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jjames »

Antony's Fish Grotto has had an excellent reputation for Seafood for as long as I can remember (native San Diegan 53 years old). There are quite a few pay for parking areas as it is close to downtown and as previously mentioned close to several Ship museums. If you want to head to north county there is the Fish House off the 5 and Via De La Valle across the street from the north east end of the Del Mar Fairgrounds. Jakes in Del Mar is also pretty good and situated right on the beach.
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

apparently pescado isn't a popular Mexican fare in San Diego
yeah, they never heard of fish tacos in San Diego
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

If you can make it to Pacific Beach go to Karinya Thai House on Garnet St. one block from the beach. Order the Rhad Prig extra hot and bring back 50 lbs to Texas for me (I'd really appreciate it). This stuff will make your eyeballs sweat.
71fan
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 71fan »

sobenk wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: staple food.
Chad
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

71fan wrote:
sobenk wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: staple food.
apparently not where they allow truck parking! :lol: :lol: Guess I'll try the right coast. Gotta be in Sumter, SC by Fri afternoon! Suffered thru some menudo and enslada lastnight! :lol: :lol:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!