The Tale of Little Blue Peep

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

The Tale of Little Blue Peep

Post by Pete44ru »

One of my CF single-shot rifles, a Thompson/Center TCR-83, has a one-piece Leupold/Redfield/Burris scope mount - the ones that have opposing screws at the rear scope ring position as a rough windage adjustment.

I recently came across an emergency peep sight that fits the rear of the scope mount base, between the opposing windage screws, after the scope is removed for whatever reason.

It's a Buehler Little Blue Peep sight from the 1970's IIRC - and, since I thought there might be some interest here about the system, that I'd post about it.

(Sorry about the slightly out-of-focus pics)

Methinks I'll need a bit higher front sight blade, and to remove the island rear bbl open sight, in order to zero it.

3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Re: The Tale of Little Blue Peep

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Those/ that are cool, wish I had bought a few of those type of "curiosoties" when i went to the gunshows in the 70's. Thanks for the memory. :mrgreen:
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

Pete,

Those are neat! Here is one for sale:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =462836021

Shawn
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Thanx for grabbing the clear pics, Shawn ! :)