American Made AK-47s......

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Blaine
Posting leader...

American Made AK-47s......

Post by Blaine »

The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Re: American Made AK-47s......

Post by mikld »

I thought Century Arms was making some. I believe they had milled receivers rather than stamped steel. Or are they just assembling some from imported parts?
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

mikld wrote:I thought Century Arms was making some. I believe they had milled receivers rather than stamped steel. Or are they just assembling some from imported parts?

Correct. They are just assembling them from imported parts and making them compliant. With the ban on Russian imports now the AK market may eventually dry up unless others like this start making them over here.

I'd be curious to see the price difference.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

That's good ole American ingenuity at work.

The way I see it is that the more guns we have circulating, the harder it will be for a future government "authoritative figure" to ban them. Could you imagine trying to outlaw knives?

Funny thing, most all countries around the world have some sort of a battle going on within their borders.....but not us.----6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

BIG +1 8)
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

That would be awesome 8)
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I would really like to see a good quality AK built in the US. I think for all the AK's in the US, we haven't had the opportunity to get many that are quality and built to "spec".
In my opinion, the AK is a much better rifle than it's been given credit for due to the samples most have seen in this country.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

I checked a flier I got from J&G Sales, and there are Century Arms "New Centurion 39" rifles. "100% American made". I had read somewhere about them, but can't remember where (or why)? J&G retail price $599.95.
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Century Arms Drunk Monkeys?

I'd rather buy this one:

http://thebrigade.com/2012/12/06/diy-sh ... 50-photos/
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulle ... mi-warning (best thread evah! - to quote:)
Please be aware that hiding in your garage, there may be dozens of Killy, high-clip-capacitated, school-penetrating, children-hating, Assault Weapons of mAss Destruction! Please send this message to all your libtard friends to make sure that they call 911 when they encounter anything that looks like a shovel. Thousands of hardware and home improvement stores are selling AKs through the "shovel" loophole to anyone!
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Rube Burrows wrote:
mikld wrote:I thought Century Arms was making some. I believe they had milled receivers rather than stamped steel. Or are they just assembling some from imported parts?
Correct. They are just assembling them from imported parts and making them compliant. With the ban on Russian imports now the AK market may eventually dry up unless others like this start making them over here.
I'd heard the same thing over the years, but according to their new advertisement, these have receivers that are actually made in the U.S. Perhaps that is a change.
http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/century-international-arms-c39-sporter-rifle-ammo-shortage-low-ammo-prices-low-gun-prices-100-american-made/ wrote:Century International closed the loop a couple years ago and started manufacturing completely new US-made AK-47s dubbed the C39 Rifle. The receivers of the Century International Arms guns are machined from solid steel for better accuracy and repeatability. The rest of the parts are pretty standard AK parts.
http://www.centuryarms.com/centurion39/Centurion39.SWF
http://www.centuryarms.biz/proddetail.a ... RI2245%2DN

According to this article in American Rifleman the 6.5" Pistol version seems to have a U.S. receiver... ...and here is the same comment about the rifle version... ...and I guess they're making the receivers for their HK93 clone in the U.S. as well... Sorry about all the links, but lots of articles out there on these.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Panzercat
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Panzercat »

Interordinace is already making 100% made in America AK platforms. Decent reviews too, but always with accompanied by comments about their horrible past issues.
...Proud owner of the 11.43×23mm automatic using depleted Thorium rounds.
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Post by jkbrea »

I think what they're saying is these are the first to bear the name AK47 and Kalishnikov because they own the rights to the brand in the US.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Sixgun wrote:... most all countries around the world have some sort of a battle going on within their borders.....but not us.----6

You must not be paying attention.

:?
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

Having personally sent two guns back to Century for refunds, I would never buy anything Century made.
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Every time we post a story or video mentioning either the AK-pattern rifle or the 7.62×39 cartridge we get Internet gun experts popping up to tell us that AKs simply aren’t accurate, aren’t designed to get hits beyond 100 yards, etc.

This is typically an indication of one of three things.

- The person making the comment has never actually fired an AK.
- The person making the comment has only shot a lower-end, poor quality AK made by drunken monkeys.
- The person making the comment simply can’t shoot, but prefers to blame the rifle instead of admitting he needs to spend a weekend at an Appleseed event learning the basics.

In this video, Rob Ski of AKOU 47-74 goes to work with an AK at 300 yards, which is well within the range of the platform and the 7.62×39 cartridge. A good shooter can take a correctly manufactured 7.62×39 AK past 350-400 yards, and a 5.45×39 another 100 yards beyond that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADGovj4drwI
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

I used to despise AK47s until I shot one that was built on an American Milled Receiver. Despite the short sight radius and crappy stock, I was still able to maintain what I thought was excellent accuracy shooting from a standing position without a rest. I will definitely be watching for these to hit the shelves.
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”