BBQ Is Banned In Texas City....(Not a Joke)

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Blaine
Posting leader...

BBQ Is Banned In Texas City....(Not a Joke)

Post by Blaine »

The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Walker
Levergunner 3.0

Re: BBQ Is Banned In Texas City....(Not a Joke)

Post by Walker »

Wonder how many new Texans (ex-Californians) are behind this...
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

It might be the seat of State government... but believe me, Austin is NOT representative to Texas!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Griff wrote:It might be the seat of State government... but believe me, Austin is NOT representative to Texas!
I understand the problem....Up, and down I-5 rules the whole dang state here in WA :evil: :evil:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

It is a joke, Blaine...the whole city of Austin is...

And transplanted Californians are a lot of the problem, but not all.

When rumors Texas threatening to secede from the USA surfaced, Austin threatened to secede from Texas..
Sounded like a win-win to me.

Next they should ban idiots....
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
1894c

Post by 1894c »

stupid people... :(
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

Seems many cities, even in red states, that are the home base of the state's largest university have liberal city government/leaders. In Arkansas, the University of Arkansas is located at Fayetteville which has a notoriously liberal city government. "KEEP FAYETTEVILLE FUNKY"! For crying out loud. :oops:
"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs, he had better first make certain that he has something of value to replace them." - Basuto proverb.
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

Austin is a magnet for dope head hippies . Everyone I know from there left at first opportunity. Beautiful city though. Last time I was there a dope head tried to truck jack me.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Misrepresentation of fact.

They voted to require certain business find a way to mitigate excessive smoke.

They didn't ban BBQ anywhere.

:|
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

FWiedner wrote:Misrepresentation of fact.

Like a bucket of water on mating dogs... Why the nerve... stating facts in the face of mounting flames of hysteria!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Griff wrote:

Like a bucket of water on mating dogs... Why the nerve... stating facts in the face of mounting flames of hysteria!
Misleading headlines are the new "norm". That's why I don't bother pointing it out....or clicking on those internet headlines....

"You won't believe what happened next...." (so why would I bother reading it if I won't believe it?)
"Parent destroys teacher with a note" WHAT? "Destroys". I guess you should expect drama from a generation that never played outside after dark and won't leave the house without a cell phone.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Problem is... smokers make smoke. Kind of the point. "Mitigating" smoke from smokers will have the same net effect as requiring "scrubbers" on old power plants... it shuts them down because its impossible to economically comply.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Dusty Texian
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Dusty Texian »

A fine example of ( Getting to big for your britches ) ( If you cant stand the heat ' get out of the kitchen) What will they think of next?,,,,,,,DT
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Old Ironsights wrote:

Problem is... smokers make smoke. Kind of the point. "Mitigating" smoke from smokers will have the same net effect as requiring "scrubbers" on old power plants... it shuts them down because its impossible to economically comply.
Exactly...Por Exemplé, they can't actually ban guns, but will make affordable bullets a thing of the past.... :roll:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I'm reminded again of the second-hand smoke argument. We all know that in the woods, a non-smoker can detect tobacco from a very long distance. This does not mean that the smoke will affect oneself in any way whatsoever. The Professionally Offended will yammer on, and on about an odor, when in truth there is no harm in it at all.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Walker wrote:Wonder how many new Texans (ex-Californians) are behind this...
Probably none. For all the screaming about how conservative Texas is, the large cities, and likely especially the capital city, has plenty of home grown eco-freaks.

Yea, I know, you'll deny it, but hey, the mayor was born in Washington, DC.

Ora Houston is from Georgia.

Delia Garza is actually a Texan, as is Renteria, Casar.

Ann Kitchen is a native born Texan and an avowed eco-freak.

We get to Zimmerman, and we finally have a standup Texan from what I've read, could be wrong though.

Pool is hard to nail down, but she seems to avoid stating where she was born, so...

Tem Kathie is pretty much a liberal do gooder who will likely do good only for herself.

And lastly Sheri Gallo who spend most of her career working at UT.

There's the lot, and you all from Texas voted for them. So, like me, you're stuck with a fairly liberal eco-freakish city council of your own choosing, and I'm stuck with a county board of supervisors that's just as bad.

So, please note, not a Californian in the bunch, and if enough Californians have moved to Austin to affect the elections there, it must mean a bunch of Texans have left.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

jeepnik wrote:
Walker wrote:Wonder how many new Texans (ex-Californians) are behind this...
Probably none. For all the screaming about how conservative Texas is, the large cities, and likely especially the capital city, has plenty of home grown eco-freaks.

There's the lot, and you all from Texas voted for them. So, like me, you're stuck with a fairly liberal eco-freakish city council of your own choosing, and I'm stuck with a county board of supervisors that's just as bad.

So, please note, not a Californian in the bunch, and if enough Californians have moved to Austin to affect the elections there, it must mean a bunch of Texans have left.
It's pretty much that way in any state :roll: ...Urban area sheeple outnumber the few sanes ones as well as the sane rural folks.

I had to Google all those folk to see who they were....nope...I didn't vote for any of them...
Only voters in Austin can elect Austin's politicians.

Ban BBQ smoke!!!! Big surprise. Any city that will ban smoking in all businesses will find something else to ban later.
The nearest town to me banned smoking in all "public" buildings last year:roll: So much for private ownership. I'm not a smoker and detest the habit, but if I had a business in town I'd sell it and move it out of town.

Oh, BTW, you're not considered a native Texan unless your family was here before the War of Northern Aggression. Some might even say your family had to be here before Texas became a state.....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

If they could learn to make BBQ as good as Zarda, Gates, Adrians, or Masterpiece, then I might worry about someone trying a back door trick to shutting down the Texas Sugar Smoked Sugar Coated Sugared ribs or other ungodly sweet BBQ. That BBQ in Austin will give you a cavity just smelling it. However, these Easterners here in the Dallas area have some BBQ that is dang near acceptable. Now, the best in the area is Pit Stop BBQ in Waxahachie, just a short distance from the quarter mile drag strip in Ennis. It is quite good.

Too many of these jerks in the Dallas area call the people from Amarillo "Yankees" for living further North than Dallas. So, having family in Texas before the War doesn't necessarily make you a Native Texan in the eyes of the Easterners here in the Dallas area. :wink:
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

It ain't so much Californians per se, it's their attitude of "enlightenment". As in we, the enlightened ones, must force our views on you, the great unwashed. Like the veritable "dam__d Yankee", we first visited and fell in love with its mystique, quaint ways, and casual zest for life at its simplest, love of Texas heritage, so we moved here. But after a time, those very qualities begin to pale, and the nostalgia for their home ways becomes over-powering, blossoming into the need to change their new place into what their selective memory loved of the old place, never remembering the evils that went hand-in-glove in the old. And, I ain't saying that's inherently bad... it's simply human nature.

I never wanted to move to Texas, but as the man that convinced me to move said, "...you're more 'Texan' than the majority currently living, having the advantage of being born & raised there." But, like the best of Texans... my people came from Tennessee!!! :P :P :lol: :lol: Texas ain't necessarily a "place" as much as it is an attitude shaped by the place and its unique history. And, it's different than that found anywhere else on earth.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

lived in Austin from '77 (sleepy college town) to '95 (literally it more than doubled in size with Kalifornia invasion - Griff, you're Wrong - their industry moved to Austin, they followed with their big equities and bought up the lakefront)

moved to San Antonio (now in Bulverde, hill country north of SA)

San Antonio = Antioch
Austin = Ephesus
Lockhart/Luling = heaven (for the BBQ choices)
I predict longer lines at Smitty's Market

Eco freak.
The word conservative was first used to describe the Republicans 100 years ago who wanted to conserve our natural resources - they were conservationists - while the democrats wanted to rape our natural resources to provide the maximum "good" for the populous. (The two most environmentally productive presidents in US history were both Republicans)
Right now we are facing an urgent need for desalination to provide water for the Texas population, which is going to double every 20 years. We are already killing the ecosystems of our rivers and coastal estuaries by groundwater usage. If we don't get out of groundwater there will be no return.
Last edited by bdhold on Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

RE: http://www.levergunscommunity.com/downl ... p?id=12103

Nothing deep down inside about it.
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

I remember being in Austin ( downtown ) on a saturday night.
After seeing the shenanigans I turned to my friend and said " we are in Texas, are we not ? "
He repied " we are in the capitol, and the legislature is unwilling to impose the same conditions on themselves as they do the rest of the state"
Corda always did have a way with words.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

piller wrote: Too many of these jerks in the Dallas area call the people from Amarillo "Yankees" for living further North than Dallas. So, having family in Texas before the War doesn't necessarily make you a Native Texan in the eyes of the Easterners here in the Dallas area. :wink:
Well....Amarillo IS north of the Red River :D
But, if I was from Amarillo (or Dalhart, etc) I wouldn't take anything too serious that was said be people who don't even have a Texas accent :lol:

The regional dialects and accents always amaze me.
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Oh, say it ain't so, Texas with out BBQ, would be a version of hell. My mouth waters when I remember Uncle Charlie's BBQ brisket with a Lone Star long neck. My first thought was a bunch of the muslims in Texas (from news reports this seems to be a fast growing population) were complaining about the pig cookin' odors...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I'm planning an entire day trip to go here tomorrow:
http://www.countryboysbbq.com/

Also, up the road a bit is this:
http://www.generalsbbq.com/door.html

We do not lack for killer Q around these parts, and no one (yet :roll: ) is worried about the smoke....

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

bulldog1935 wrote: Eco freak.
The word conservative was first used to describe the Republicans 100 years ago who wanted to conserve our natural resources - they were conservationists - while the democrats wanted to rape our natural resources to provide the maximum "good" for the populous. (The two most environmentally productive presidents in US history were both Republicans)
Right now we are facing an urgent need for desalination to provide water for the Texas population, which is going to double every 20 years. We are already killing the ecosystems of our rivers and coastal estuaries by groundwater usage. If we don't get out of groundwater there will be no return.
True but did the Republican conservationists ever spike a tree? I'm sure we have a few current or ex-loggers who can explain the term if you don't know what it means.

Today's eco-freaks are generally crazy as loons. Think Ed Begley. And, they believe that everyone who doesn't believe as they do shouldn't be allowed to breathe. Protecting the environment is one thing, heck most sportsman provide more money for conservation than most "conservationists" today, but holding animal life in higher esteem than human life is just plain wacked.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

my point was about water and planning before it's too late
Using protection of spotted owls to prevent clearcutting and save wild rivers from erosion is a move well-played in my book.
The death of 35 whooping cranes in Aranas Wildlife Refuge last year is a measure of our health. A federal injunction to force the reservoirs to release water is the right thing, but we have to get the population out of the groundwater.
The Guadalupe 10 mi from my house stopped once - in 1955, the drought of record. It has stopped 8 of the last 10 years because of groundwater usage.
The state wildlife agency uses our ecology as their playground. Just a few years ago they stocked white bass a few miles downstream from one of the only two remaining A-strains of endemic Guadalupe bass and in range for these voracious piscivores to move into this critical headwater creek. Their answer is a hatchery to stock the endangered species westward where it's not native, and it's a ploy to keep them off the federal endangered species list.
In Texas, most money from sportsmen goes to pay for schools to replace the money taken for roads, all to make the governor look good.
Republicans need to wake up and do what we used to do. We need to take back environmentalism as our platform - that's how you filter out crazy rhetoric. Pointing at Ed Begley is not proactive, nor does it make one concerned about our future.
The actual crazy part is the polarization of our nation's politics - do nothing but stand on your rhetoric and let it die.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Too many people using too much water to water their lawns. The center pivot irrigation systems used to be unbelievably wasteful. The Ogalala aquifer is way low, and might never recover. The Cimarron and the Arkansas rivers do not flow in Southwestern Kansas due to a dam in Colorado that has not let out any water since the day the gates were shut. Federal lawsuits have ruled that the gates must be opened, but Colorado pays the fines since the fines are less than the income from the taxes on what is produced with that water. There was a lake in Oklahoma near Adams in the panhandle where it has had the dam destroyed due to the lake never filling. The lack of water flow from Colorado was the reason that lake Optima died before being born.

Some things are worth using the environment wisely, and water is one of them. I don't see that smoke from a good BBQ restaurant is a problem since one single volcano can do more harm in a day than the BBQ restaurant would do in 30 years.

Can we ban volcanoes???? :lol:
D. Brian Casady
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

of course the Austin thing is a nanny-state move - indirectly forced diet restriction.
Pretty much everything in excess is bad for you, and pretty much anything not in excess is not bad for you.
It won't last - it will be struck down or Austin will cry uncle in court.

If you Texas guys want to send an e-mail message to your state senator that may be good for both the environment and BBQ, ask them to vote Against this bill:
Texas senate bill S.B. 709
It's an attempt to fast-track contested case hearings by reducing the review process from 270 days to 180 days.
This bill would essentially minimize the ability of private citizens and groups to mobilize an opposition against public works projects or against stupid city ordinances such as Austin's BBQ ban.

bro, in Bulverde a manicured lawn is antisocial.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Bulldog, I may have to move. While I don't let my lawn look like a jungle, I really don't see the need to use a ruler to measure grass height as the code enforcement officer in Red Oak does. 4-5 inches of grass when it is dry and not growing does not bother me, and being threatened with fines if I don't water and cut it to 3 inches just doesn't make my day.
D. Brian Casady
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I had 15 years with a water utility before I retired. We are required by the state to limit water usage by imposing stiff rate penalties for overuse. The peeps with a penchant for green lawns are the problem. This one millionaire in Gig Harbor is representative of this type: "By Golly, it's my money and if I want to spend it on my 10,000 dollar lawn of 12 acres, I'll do as I please." I'm serious when I say this one person used as much water as my community of 15 Auld Pharts, and we all have decent yards.... I typically use 100 - 200 cf of water a month with just me in the house, and I'm not real careful with it. IE, twenty minute showers and the like. I'm not in the habit of imposing restrictions on people, but I'd sure start with a no lawn watering mandate, even if you have your own well. It all comes from the same source.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

Bulldog did you ever eat at SAMs BBQ over east of 35 about 11th street or so back in the mid 80's? It was heaven, but a BAD part of town, one bite of BBQ and check outside to see if your truck was still there. It was a favorite hangout of Stevie Ray, I was a regular there but tried not to go at night.
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

Goatguy said:
In Arkansas, the University of Arkansas is located at Fayetteville which has a notoriously liberal city government. "KEEP FAYETTEVILLE FUNKY"! For crying out loud. :oops:
Most all college/university towns are notoriously liberal. Academia in general is notoriously liberal to the point I can't hardly stand it. Jumpin judas, killing bambi is a terrible sin, but flushin' fetuses down the toilet is no big deal. And, they call themselves Christian, to boot.

Plus, FWiedner was correct, they want to curb the smoke, not the BBQ's. Makes ya hungry, doesn't it?
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
Gaucho Gringo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Gaucho Gringo »

The great Republican governor of Oregon,Tom McCall had it right. He was a progressive Republican in the mold of Teddy Roosevelt. He said come visit Oregon but for god's sake don't move here. He fostered many common sense laws and regulations about environmental issues but these laws were later perverted as to not even resemble their original intent. Unfortunately his message was ignored and by the early 90's people from California way outnumbered native born Oregonians like me. By the late 80's-early 90's the places I worked for had me and maybe 2 or 3 other people who were native Oregonians, 80-90% of them were from somewhere else. After the 90's things began to change and not for the best. And that is when the idiotic laws and regulations began to rear their ugly head about such things as the OP alluded to and more such as creeping gun regulations, code regulations, regulations against smoking and at the same time regulations promoting gay lifestyle, not outright banning of firearms but an end run with repressive regulations towards firearms and in the end of an individuals choice and ultimately freedom itself. I love the smoke and smell of good barbeque.
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

FWIW. I lived in CA most of my life and at least 75% of the folks I met or worked with were from somewhere else. I was born there and knew no natives of my age group. I worked in Dallas for a while and 40% of the folks I dealt with were from somewhere else. I Worked a bit in Miami and 85% of the folks there were from somewhere else (Where I was it was more like 95% immigrants). New York City was a hell hole of who knows where the hell they all came from (I couldn't understand a Native New Yorker any better than the guy on the tech. support line). I now live in Beautiful Southern Oregon where about 50% are native Oregonians. What I'm gettin' at is this country is on the move, and to find a "native" anything is rare. So, you can't blame it all on mobile Californians, the "Californian" liberal thinking is everywhere.
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

mikld wrote:FWIW. I lived in CA most of my life and at least 75% of the folks I met or worked with were from somewhere else. I was born there and knew no natives of my age group. I worked in Dallas for a while and 40% of the folks I dealt with were from somewhere else. I Worked a bit in Miami and 85% of the folks there were from somewhere else (Where I was it was more like 95% immigrants). New York City was a hell hole of who knows where the hell they all came from (I couldn't understand a Native New Yorker any better than the guy on the tech. support line). I now live in Beautiful Southern Oregon where about 50% are native Oregonians. What I'm gettin' at is this country is on the move, and to find a "native" anything is rare. So, you can't blame it all on mobile Californians, the "Californian" liberal thinking is everywhere.
When colleges graduate a wad, they are going to be molded in the manner of Liberals....so, I guess it doesn't much matter where they come from. God Bless the Blue Collar people that understand working. Another fifty years, and everyone will be in some service industry and America will have completely forgotten how to make stuff.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

Another fifty years, and everyone will be in some service industry and America will have completely forgotten how to make stuff.
If it goes on that long, it'll be one great big gulag, making what the masters want them to make. Jesus can't come soon enough for me.
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

UncleBuck wrote:
Another fifty years, and everyone will be in some service industry and America will have completely forgotten how to make stuff.
If it goes on that long, it'll be one great big gulag, making what the masters want them to make. Jesus can't come soon enough for me.
That's what they said in the early 1900s....."Them daggum Flappers are taking us to he!!" Heck, He might already be here......it don't have to be a white horse, and all that blood is his from the cross....It ain't gonna happen like folks made it out to be like..... :wink:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

You seem like a real nice guy Blane, but go and read your bible-Revelation-to see how the story really ends. 8)
UncleBuck wouldn't lie to you...

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

UncleBuck wrote:You seem like a real nice guy Blane, but go and read your bible-Revelation-to see how the story really ends. 8)
UncleBuck wouldn't lie to you...
I'm good, thanks... 8) There has never been agreement on any of the Bible, so I really don't get excited about different opinions..... If you properly understood Grace, instead of the Hell and Brimstone emanating from OT Law, YOU might know the real ending :roll: Your 2 cents and mine still won't buy coffee at the Vatican snack bar :lol: :lol:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

Blane: Blessings & Shalom. And no, I think I'll pass on the Vatican snack bar :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

UncleBuck wrote:Blane: Blessings & Shalom. And no, I think I'll pass on the Vatican snack bar :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"A" Higher power is in charge....I'll call him Jesus, and do my best..... 8)

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

I've been to the Vatican snack bar...meh. It's unholy what they charge in there.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

vancelw wrote:I've been to the Vatican snack bar...meh. It's unholy what they charge in there.
The call it The Mass Hall....

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I actually meant to point this out earlier... but Texas City is about 200 ESE of Austin, and they're world's apart atmospherically speaking! :twisted: :twisted:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

BlaineG wrote:
vancelw wrote:I've been to the Vatican snack bar...meh. It's unholy what they charge in there.
The call it The Mass Hall....
pie jesu domine, dona eis requiem,,, WHACK!
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

you guys do know OT burnt offering was BBQ - the priests ate first, but everybody got to eat.
Even the OT sacrifice was not about doctrine - it was about relationship.
And the Lord was pleased by the smell.
Selah.

The old lady who sees the virgin in a sidewalk stain and is healed - you think God rejects her sacrifice of faith over your doctrine?
You have it backwards.

liberal thinking? maybe. Avarice and selfishness? Definitely.
What happened to Austin in the 80s very specifically was silicon valley moving to Austin.
handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Post by handirifle »

Well as was said, MOST of the people in CA are not from here, and most people that live here, live in the cities, and they are liberal. The conservative, Republicans, have moved out, sickened by all the stuff the libs impose. So, when your state gets flooded with "Californians" (not likely) they are either native to somewhere else, or they are conservatives.

I currently live in a small pocket known as the central coast, and we are very rural, as much as when I lived in Ohio as a kid. I came to CA in 1972 and can tell you it was a real conservative state then, (remember Ronald Reagan?) and I enjoyed hunting and fishing. I enjoyed going into a hardware store and trading in a pistol on 2 shotguns, and walking out the same day with them.

Then came the liberals. I guess I'll have to start claiming they came from Texas, since the conservatives ran em out. Maybe they are just returning home :).

Do NOT misunderstand me on this, I am saddened to see the liberalism disease spread, but it did NOT start here. Coastal areas attract people with money. People with money attract liberals (kinda like a shark smelling blood) and when liberals don't get what they want, they start suing, because they don't have it and you do. And when they lose, they talk their friends into moving in too, and then they try again.

They deceive, they lie, they cheat, because the end ALWAYS justifies their means. They cover up when one of their brethren does wrong, and point fingers when you or I do. They cannot help but succeed.

Take a look at demographics of EVERY state, and you will see that the absolute majority of cities with over 100,000 population will inevitably vote liberal. They love cities, because they get everything they want there and don't have to make it or build it. They get lifted up every time they fall on their face. so they don't have to pull themselves up, so that is where they flock to. Eventually the city pukes outnumber the rural areas, and guess what, they vote.

This whole country is going through a revolution, in the courts. Since they cannot sway public opinion, they sue.

They are slowly taking over, and destroying this country, and the world. They have convinced the country that drugs and alcohol are diseases and get caught using them at work, or miss a huge amount of days work, and you are sent to rehab, talk back to a supervisor and you are fired for being insubordinate.

Nah, it's not Californians anymore, maybe never was, but wherever they come from they are a disease and they are real.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

handirifle wrote: Nah, it's not Californians anymore, maybe never was, but wherever they come from they are a disease and they are real.
If you find the nest, let me know. I'll help...

Unfortunately for you (all), "Californian" is to libtard as Kleenex is to facial tissue and Crisco is to vegetable shortening. No offense is intended when we say it, it's just the least profane way to say it.

Everyone in Texas knows that a reference to "Canadians" has no reflection on Canada at all.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

handirifle wrote:...Do NOT misunderstand me on this, I am saddened to see the liberalism disease spread, but it did NOT start here. Coastal areas attract people with money. People with money attract liberals (kinda like a shark smelling blood) and when liberals don't get what they want, they start suing, because they don't have it and you do. And when they lose, they talk their friends into moving in too, and then they try again.

They deceive, they lie, they cheat, because the end ALWAYS justifies their means. They cover up when one of their brethren does wrong, and point fingers when you or I do. They cannot help but succeed.

Take a look at demographics of EVERY state, and you will see that the absolute majority of cities with over 100,000 population will inevitably vote liberal. They love cities, because they get everything they want there and don't have to make it or build it. They get lifted up every time they fall on their face. so they don't have to pull themselves up, so that is where they flock to. Eventually the city pukes outnumber the rural areas, and guess what, they vote.

This whole country is going through a revolution, in the courts. Since they cannot sway public opinion, they sue.

They are slowly taking over, and destroying this country, and the world. They have convinced the country that drugs and alcohol are diseases and get caught using them at work, or miss a huge amount of days work, and you are sent to rehab, talk back to a supervisor and you are fired for being insubordinate...
Which, of course, is the REAL reason they want guns/weapons removed from non .gov hands... because when it comes down to the pointy end... those with the guns win.
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!