Fun Shooting Today w/RKrodle

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Griff
Posting leader...

Fun Shooting Today w/RKrodle

Post by Griff »

Even though all we fired were 1911 and variants... I did take an 1873 Uberti along... but it just got a ride in the truck and a few minutes out in the sun.

And what a sun it WAS! We both baked in the direct sun. Then headed for the shade and some cold water! As always, Rickey was the most hospitable of hosts and I, at least, had a grand time. Even if one my 1911s wouldn't feed some of the "junk, left-over, hmmm, I wonder what these are" 45ACP rounds from the can labeled, "45ACP - Misc..." :P :lol: OK, to be more accurate, ONE round from that can... but it fed on everything else!

New sights on 2 0f my 1911s seemed to put the holes right where the barrel was pointing... and sometimes.. ok, all the time, that seemed to coincide with where I was pointing it! Which is good, as that's where the sights indicated the holes should appear!!! :P 8)

Thank you for the invite Rickey.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Fun Shooting Today w/RKrodle

Post by crs »

So, Griff, you telling me that the Krodle Kountry range is NOT underwater?
Did you walk or drive from the house to the berm? Just checking, because in a few days I will be caught up with mowing and spraying and be ready to get back to shooting.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Under water? Isn't Rickey's range on top of a hill?

Musta rained a lot more down there than up here.

:?: :lol:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Not under water. Drove out to the range. A few days ago, that might not have been possible.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Thanks.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

Always great when you come over Griff, I enjoy the conversation as much as the shooting!! And boy was the sun shining bright and HOT. It amazes me how fast the ground has dried out in just a few days after all this rain we have been blessed with.
I was wringing out a Colt 1991 that I picked up from one of my brothers. The pistol function good but had problems with some old unknown manufacturer mags, they have been separated from the herd and will be replaced.

Let me tell you, that 1873 Uberti of Griffs is one pretty rifle and slicker than snot on a door knob. I was hoping he was going to forget and leave it with me!
Ricky

DWWC
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

RKrodle wrote:...was hoping he was going to forget and leave it with me!
Not bloody likely! Next time we'll go about shooting IT!

I was really surprised at just what a couple of spring changes made in the operation of that rifle. From stiff and clunky, to silky smooth in 3 springs!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!