Movie levergun trivia question

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Movie levergun trivia question

Post by Malamute »

I saw a few short clips of a movie in the last year or two, but cant remember what the title was (bookmarked it in my dead computer). In it, the protagonist was a modern day Sheriffs deputy or Border Patrol and used a 1911 pistol and 92 Winchester carbine in a shootout with a bunch of border outlaw doper types at their hangout place. There was a bunch of cars around which they were shooting at each other from.

Anyone know what the film was? I dont know when it came out. I saw it referenced on a forum somewhere where they were talking about good action scenes.

For some reason I was thinking if was Kris Kristofferson, but cant find the film in looking through his stuff on IMDB. He used a 94 I believe in another film, I think it was Flashpoint, but thats not the one I'm thinking of.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
turnkey
Levergunner 1.0

Re: Movie levergun trivia question

Post by turnkey »

It may have been "Extreme Prejudice" with Nick Nolte.
"Every day a holiday, every meal a feast, every paycheck a treasure."
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

I think you are correct.

Going to look,....

Thanks!

ETA: Yes, that was it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3WjH-j5m7c
Last edited by Malamute on Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

"No Place For Old Men", with Tommy lee Jones? Fine movie if you haven't seen it yet.
"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs, he had better first make certain that he has something of value to replace them." - Basuto proverb.
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

I've only seen the Angry Alien version of No Country for Old Men.

http://www.angryalien.com/

GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

Ooooops, meant to type "No COUNTRY For Old Men". Still with Tommy Lee Jones though. :oops: Sorry 'bout that.
"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs, he had better first make certain that he has something of value to replace them." - Basuto proverb.
Neil Casper
Levergunner

Post by Neil Casper »

turnkey had it with "Extreme Predjudice" with Nick Nolte, Powers Booth and Rip Torn.
neil
If it doesn't fit in my sea bag, I'm not going!
PriseDeFer
Levergunner 2.0

Post by PriseDeFer »

Thanks, good clip. Back when real men used real guns and real blanks. Will we ever see their like again?
Senior Levergunner

Post by 2571 »

Sounds like an evening news clip from a Detroit television station.
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

Tommy Lee's pet project is a much better movie than No Country, IMO.

The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0419294/
it even has Levon Helm's last film cameo