How The News Media Would Report This...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

How The News Media Would Report This...

Post by cshold »

Multiple weapons reported found in the vehicle with over 500 round's of ammunition. :roll: :lol:

jhrosier
Levergunner 3.0

Re: How The News Media Would Report This...

Post by jhrosier »

In Massachusetts, you could add "unsafe storage" for both the gun and ammo. A felony BTW.

Jack
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

jhrosier wrote:In Massachusetts, you could add "unsafe storage" for both the gun and ammo. A felony BTW.

Jack
Setup for photo shoot in a closed garage. :)
I don't drive around town with this setup.
Sure wouldn't want that Colt hitting that steel Jeep floorboard. :cry:
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

casastahle wrote:Multiple weapons reported found in the vehicle with over 500 round's of ammunition. :roll: :lol:

:lol: How DARE you drive around with such a deadly arsenal.....(screeched in Pelosi's voice)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Isn't that a "Classic" Assault gun?

I believe that mode of transportation is illegal in CA too!
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

mikld wrote:Isn't that a "Classic" Assault gun?

I believe that mode of transportation is illegal in CA too!
I'd say there's a real good probability not just CA. :wink:
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

In my teens, with my friends, out shooting our Mini-14's and other stuff...

"Three teenage males were apprehended driving a vehicle with an arsenal of 18 weapons, including four high-powered sniper-rifles (Remington 788 in 223, Ruger M77 in 6mm Rem, Remington 700 in 22-250, and a scoped Marlin 1889 in 32-20), six Saturday night specials (a Webley 45 revolver, two S&W MP10's, and three Ruger single action revolvers), two assault rifles (Mini-14's), a military battle rifle (1903 Springfield), and clip-fed machine-gun (Garand)". We would have typically had "over three thousand rounds of ammunition" which would have included a couple bricks each for our 10/22's ("each teen had a semiautomatic high-capacity rifle capable of shooting subsonic ammunition").

A few years ago, just before he was scheduled to testify against an anti-gun bill, one of the local NRA leaders just 'happened' to be detained while in a gun shop that was raided and found to have "over two thousand rounds of lead-core ammunition", along with "almost a hundred high-capacity magazines for the M-4 machine-gun". The blatant defamation was enough to stifle his testimony (I served as his substitute) and it was a month later that the 'retraction' appeared - stating that "no charges were filed".

Just remember though
- this SAME style garbage is what feeds the "War on Drugs". Government preys on the irrational fears the 'Left' has regarding 'guns', and the irrational fears the 'Right' has regarding 'drugs'... :roll: :evil:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

Happily, there are still plenty of states that carrying your guns in your vehicles, pretty much any way you choose, isnt a problem.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Malamute wrote:Happily, there are still plenty of states that carrying your guns in your vehicles, pretty much any way you choose, isnt a problem.
THOSE are the states that are still part of the U.S.A. - the others have become nothing more than floundering, parasitic satellite-states of Europe.
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

2X22
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 2X22 »

Jeez, I still remember about 15 years ago I was pulled over for a crack in my windshield by a State Patrolman. When he walked up on the passengers side, he was looking in at 6 rifles and 4 handguns, along with probably about 600 rounds of mostly empties in a cardboard box. On the seat he could see a stack of targets. He didn't even blink. He wanted me to know the windshield should be fixed pretty quickly and then started asking me about the guns. An hour later he was pulling away, not having even written a warning, if I remember correctly. We talked rifles, pistols, guns in general, reloading, hunting and butchering. He was a pretty cool guy that didn't even blink when he saw those 10 guns! :shock: :D :D
"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." - Thomas Jefferson
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

2X22 wrote:We talked rifles, pistols, guns in general, reloading, hunting and butchering. He was a pretty cool guy that didn't even blink when he saw those 10 guns! :shock: :D :D
Lots of urban places I (unfortunately) had to live in my 20's and 30's were full of the kind of cops who'd have done whatever they could to drum up some excuse to 'confiscate' those guns, and even if nothing ever came of it ('no charges were filed'), they'd somehow disappear. :evil: :evil:

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Me & 86er were once stopped on our way over to RKrodle's for some target practice... the Trooper didn't think I came to a full stop at a stop sign... clearly a debatable factiod, an obvious rampant case of profiling; 2 white dudes in a p/u w/farm plates... We both Id's ourselves and 86er politely informed the Trooper that we "have weapons in the vehicle..." The Trooper said, ..."yep, I'm figuring you do... this IS TEXAS!"

On my way to a recent cowboy shoot, let me see... I had 4 Colt SAAs, with about 200 rounds of ammo, 3 .45 Colt lever guns and an almost full .30cal GI can of said ammo, 2 side-by-side shotguns, 2 pump 1897s and about 150 rounds of 12ga for them... All the long guns were in cases, 2 of the SAAs were, while the other pair were just in holsters, kinda out of sight in the back seat; all unloaded. A saddle blanket, unfolded, was spread over the whole kit-n-caboodle... but it was kinda clear to anyone with an IQ 5 points under the average TX July temp what was under it! (Edited to add: I forgot the Sharps, the 1885 and 4 1851 pistols... and their ammo needs!) ( I woulda had a .38spl derringer, but Sixgun ain't finalized our deal...) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :P

(However, the 2 1911s, also along for the ride, weren't cased, not unloaded, nor were they outside the reach of the vehicle operator! What good are they if they're not ready for immediate action?)
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

The few times I've been stopped in Az and up north, I've ended up talking guns, hunting and general BS'ing with the cop. When I was a raggedy looking motorcycle enthusiast, I was stopped a couple times. The guys really liked my 1886 Winchester in the scabbard, and nickel Colt SAA.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?