Bullets for my Little Sharps

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
oldgerboy
Levergunner 2.0

Bullets for my Little Sharps

Post by oldgerboy »

I didn't need a sinker , the round ball worked great. The bore is .3815. So, what size bullet should I get?

I have a very limited knowledge of cast bullets or at least I feel I do. I'll ask more questions as I go along.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Minimally, I'd start off with some .382s. It may require getting your own mold made and a new hobby in casting. You might also check out some of the subject matter over on Cast Boolits.com. Closest I could find in a short search was this swaged bullet from Montana Precision @ .381 265 Grain Lead Flat Nose
Last edited by Griff on Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Care to add a review I can post with my "announcement" of the rifle? I'd like to hear/read everything you discover about your gun.

E.g., the groove diameter is just too large to interest me. I have to wonder, why on earth so large? Have they got the .45 Colts in? Are their groove diameters similarly large? Enquiring minds want to know. :lol:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
oldgerboy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by oldgerboy »

I'll check there Griff.

There were .45 Colts already but they are all disbursed as far as we know. As of two weeks ago the one rep told us that they may not be bringing any more of the rifles in because they didn't go over very well ... who knows?
oldgerboy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by oldgerboy »

Hey Griff,
The Castboolits site shows nothing but medical supplies ... ????????

Gerry
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Fixed the link. Oughtn't do that stuff from memory... at least not anymore! :lol:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

i know where there is a .45 colt and a 38-55 little sharps. Same shop.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Rebel1972
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rebel1972 »

I'm still waiting on the 30-30
oldgerboy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by oldgerboy »

Thanks Griff, it works now

Hobie, as soon as it gets done raining I'll do some shooting and give you a report.

Gerry
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Looks like raining has stopped here, for now.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
oldgerboy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by oldgerboy »

It's still cloudy up here and looks just a little like rain. I'm going to load up a variety of rounds for the toy using 200 and 220 jacketed and 250 and 300 gc lead. I have some of the CIL 255 jacketed factory loads rated at 1600 fps to try also. All of the bullets are .375 and .376 in diameter. I'm also going to slug the barrel again tonight to double check on the measurement.

Can anyone give me an idea as to the strength of those actions or Sharps in general. I do not want to magnumize it but would like to do a bit better than the factory Winchester loadings.