A Sling Suggestion [for evil black rifles]?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Panzercat
Levergunner 3.0

A Sling Suggestion [for evil black rifles]?

Post by Panzercat »

So I know nothing about AR slings and my normal habit of trawling google for information has failed me. To keep this simple, what do you use for an evil black rifle sling?
I've been going without for quite a while, and while I know there are one, two and three point slings, the number of opinions out there concerning them is mind boggling... And lets just say I trust all you more than arfcom. Below is my current setup and if it helps, the Battle link minimalist stock as a quick detach point in there. Frankly, I don't even know where to begin.

As an aside, she runs beautifully now that the gas problem was sorted out. Hasn't failed to feed or fire a single round since.
...Proud owner of the 11.43×23mm automatic using depleted Thorium rounds.
jhrosier
Levergunner 3.0

Re: A Sling Suggestion [for evil black rifles]?

Post by jhrosier »

I watched a bunch of youtube videos to find that a 1-pt sling hangs down between your knees and makes moving about difficult unless you use one hand to control the rifle.
A 2-pt sling can be cinched up to hold the rifle against your body, making it possible to run, walk, climb more easily.

Jack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 1886 »

Very versatile sling. Watch the video. I run this on my AK
http://www.condoroutdoor.com/Condor-US1009.aspx
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

To get proper balance for a single point sling, I found the Magpul sling mount that mounts to a rail (i.e. underneath your scope) to be very helpful. I actually use one on a couple of my lever action 'Night Scout' guns.
459295-1.jpg
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/459295 ... uctFinding
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
7.62 Precision
Senior Levergunner

Post by 7.62 Precision »

I use one point and two point, and a two-point can be used tn the same madder as a single-point often.

The slings I like most are the Savvy Sniper slings. They can be used as either a single-point or two-point, and as a single-point, they work really well. It is a great design. Also, the people who build them are really great people and worth supporting. There are several different attachment styles. I use one that is a combo of QD and HK clip, and whichever attachment you are not using on a particular rife tucks away securely.

Sliding a loop with one hand cinches the sling up so it does not swing around. Check out any of the QUAD slings. Videos on the website.

http://www.savvysniper.com

They made a pink one for my daughter.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

all of those suggestions have this one beat every way but one.
_004.jpg
yeah, it's the old field expedient dog lead again. with the eye formed by the bowline, it rests by the bed.
_008.jpg
demonstrating a proper clove hitch slider. with head and support arm through the bight the extension tube stabilizes and indexes the pistol. there is enough scope to keep the tube from sliding forward off the cheek weld, and enough distance from the charging handle to keep from tapping the nose. it's a stable hold. you can try it with a fully collapsed stock. no need to extend it unless you're trying to snipe squills at 500M.
_016.jpg
with the gun slung over one shoulder, it is easily brought to bear toward a target. when I get the laser on the rail this might be the preferred option.

of course there is only paleo technology involved. nothing to click or snap into place. to camo it, rub the dirt in your foxhole into it. can't sell it on eebay for big bucks. can't do a magazine writeup about it. can't brag about the elastic or the comfort foam inserts or the mean combat meme. just a dog lead. or teepee lashing. or snare. or splint. or garrote. or tourniquet. [kind of the same thing almost]. nothing to see here.
:lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MrMurphy
Senior Levergunner

Post by MrMurphy »

Viking Tactics VTAC.