What is Fair Price for 348 Winchester Ammo

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Homer
Levergunner 1.0

What is Fair Price for 348 Winchester Ammo

Post by Homer »

I went on gunbroker to look up the availability of 348 Winchester ammo. There a decent supply of ammo, but most of the new stuff with good bullets were going for $80+ dollars per box of 20. Actually, reloads were going for 80 bones, but factory ammo was going for $95 a box. I did, however, notice there were no bidders on any of this stuff, so the price is apparently too high. So what is the right price?

1 box of 20 Winchester factory white box 200 grain Silvertip ammo?

1 box of 20 Winchester factory gray box 200 grain Silvertip ammo?

Either of the two above but with 200 grain Power Point ammo?

1 box of 20 HSM factory new orange box 200 grain Hornady FP ammo?

Oh, and what does a full box of 375 Winchester ammo go for?

Thanks.
"Take everything but the fire." Long Hair in "The Cowboys"
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: What is Fair Price for 348 Winchester Ammo

Post by Pete44ru »

Homer wrote:
what is the right price?

The short answer is: Whatever the traffic will bear.

The real answer is: What a buyer has willingly paid, recently.

If you're divesting, I would advise you put the ammo in a 7-day online gun auction website (like GB, etc), with no reserve, starting at whatever $$$ value you feel comfortable asking, and determine the true value.

tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

I'll give you $35 for the .375.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Homer wrote:I went on gunbroker to look up the availability of 348 Winchester ammo. There a decent supply of ammo, but most of the new stuff with good bullets were going for $80+ dollars per box of 20. Actually, reloads were going for 80 bones, but factory ammo was going for $95 a box. I did, however, notice there were no bidders on any of this stuff, so the price is apparently too high. So what is the right price?

1 box of 20 Winchester factory white box 200 grain Silvertip ammo?

1 box of 20 Winchester factory gray box 200 grain Silvertip ammo?

Either of the two above but with 200 grain Power Point ammo?

1 box of 20 HSM factory new orange box 200 grain Hornady FP ammo?

Oh, and what does a full box of 375 Winchester ammo go for?

Thanks.

The .375 Winchester ammo is bringing 50 to 100% more than .348 right now for some reason. Less current availability of components I guess.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
Homer
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Homer »

Thanks for the replies guys. I've got some 348 Winchester ammo and bullets I'm thinking of selling (I sold the gun earlier this year), but don't want to sell if the market is way down. On the other hand I don't think the ammo is worth what they are asking for on gunbroker, but certainly worth more than it was a decade ago. I'm hoping a fair market price will make it worth selling. If not it goes back into the safe. I'm just trying to get a feel for a decent price for both parties involved.

As for 375 Winchester - I need ammo for that little monster - emphasis on "little." I've got some bullets (out of Hornady bullets), powder and primers, but am low on ammo and brass. Anyway, the search continues.
FLINT
Levergunner 3.0

Post by FLINT »

Homer wrote:Thanks for the replies guys. I've got some 348 Winchester ammo and bullets I'm thinking of selling (I sold the gun earlier this year), but don't want to sell if the market is way down. On the other hand I don't think the ammo is worth what they are asking for on gunbroker, but certainly worth more than it was a decade ago. I'm hoping a fair market price will make it worth selling. If not it goes back into the safe. I'm just trying to get a feel for a decent price for both parties involved.

As for 375 Winchester - I need ammo for that little monster - emphasis on "little." I've got some bullets (out of Hornady bullets), powder and primers, but am low on ammo and brass. Anyway, the search continues.
Ammo for the 375 winchester is actually selling for $100 dollars for a box of 20.

Even empty brass is selling for crazy amounts, certainly over $2 per piece, and maybe $3 per piece.
FLINT
Levergunner 3.0

Post by FLINT »

best idea might be to wait for winchester to do another run of it. last price i saw it on store shelves was $50 box.

I watched 35 rem sell for crazy prices earlier this year, but then rem made a bunch this summer so I was able to restock for less than $30/box.
Homer
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Homer »

FLINT wrote:best idea might be to wait for winchester to do another run of it. last price i saw it on store shelves was $50 box.

I watched 35 rem sell for crazy prices earlier this year, but then rem made a bunch this summer so I was able to restock for less than $30/box.
FLINT, that is a good idea, except its become like waiting for 22lr ammo at WalMart - it is very hard to beat the scalpers to the ammo which is only resold at gun shows or on gunbroker for twice the price. I hope to pick up around 50 more pieces of brass and hope to die before I need any more. But thanks for the tip.

BTW, I've owned and shot 35 Remington for years. And one time I stumbled into WalMart and they were clearing out their green/yellow boxes of Remington ammo. I bought the whole works for $5 a box. But, I was in between 35 Remington rifles and went looking for one at a good price and couldn't find one. The 35 Remington was in the middle of a new found resurgence at the time (due in part to this website) and were scarce. So I finally gave up and sold all of the ammo - mostly to folks on this forum. The 35 Remington rifles began to show up again - but I am delivered and have no intent of going back.

Anyway, thanks for the advise. I'll run into a few pieces of brass here and there to keep me going. Besides, the 375 Winchester can be loaded a heap amount of times before it even begins to wear out.
natedontgo
Levergunner 1.0

Post by natedontgo »

MOst of the 348 Ammo I've sold at Idaho/Montana gunshows in the last two years brought $50/bx for the 200 gr, $60-65 for the old 150 gr,or 250 gr... These were not in collector grade boxes,but the ammo was clean and usable...BUT, I don't take anything to a gunshow that I expect to have to take home with me, so I may be on the low side,$wise...Nate