Navy Arms 92

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Daisyman
Levergunner 2.0

Navy Arms 92

Post by Daisyman »

Went to the gun show Friday nite and came home with this, Navy Arms 92 in 45 LC. I'm not a big fan of the new Rossi's and Puma's because of the wavy metal on the receivers and almost octagon barrels, and I thought it was a Uberti, but when I got home and looked it over real good it was indeed a Rossi. :shock: The panels seem pretty flat and I guess I just liked it, and at a pretty good price. The color casing didn't hurt either. :D I took it out and threw it little bit of lead just plinking at some broken clay targets and it did really well!
I've tried posting pictures from photobucket four times with no luck, here goes again.

IImagerv

Bronco
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Navy Arms 92

Post by Bronco »

Real Purdy :D
Gettin old ain't for sissies!
There just has to be dogs in heaven !
Dusty Texian
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Dusty Texian »

Good looking rifle and the pics came out good .,,,DT
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

A real looker !

It's a shame to D/T those case colors for a side-mounted receiver peep sight ;) - but, if the same two holes were to be D/T'd atop the receiver sidewalls (one hole atop each side), a Williams peep sight meant for a Model 94AE (5D-94-SE or FP-94-SE) will keep it pristine.

Last edited by Pete44ru on Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shasta
Senior Levergunner
Location: Shasta County, the far right stronghold in California

Post by Shasta »

That is a fine looking rifle and I hope it works out for you. A fellow I shoot silhouettes with bought one new and it had issues with extraction and ejection. I would be interested to hear more about your rifle in the future as you become better acquainted with it.

Shasta
California Rifle & Pistol Association LIFE Member
National Rifle Association BENEFACTOR LIFE Member

http://www.hcrpclub.org/schedule.html

avatar pic is Shasta Dam, Shasta Lake, & Mt. Shasta
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Thanks Daisyman. Nice rifle and just like mine except for caliber. Mine's a 44-40.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Good lookin' rifle. Must be the 24"... barrel looks a little lighter than my son's 20" Short Rifle.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Mine is the same rifle with the 20" barrel like Griff has. I have a Marbles tang sight on mine.
Daisyman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Daisyman »

Shasta wrote:That is a fine looking rifle and I hope it works out for you. A fellow I shoot silhouettes with bought one new and it had issues with extraction and ejection. I would be interested to hear more about your rifle in the future as you become better acquainted with it.

Shasta
I ran 14 rounds through it of Ultramax 200 grain round nose flat point made for single actions and it worked flawlessly. Nice smooth action, and absolutely no creep in the trigger. Maybe I got lucky.

The serial number on this is NA 6012XX. Any idea when this would have been made?? I tried looking it up in the Blue Book and was more confused than when I started. I thought maybe it was 15 to 20 years old...

Griff, it is a 24" bbl. The sights on this are both black as night and in the shade I could barely see the front one. Of course, fuzzy old eyes doesn't help any. :roll:
Hawkeye2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hawkeye2 »

Nice rifle! A number of years back when I was interested in doing some cowboy action shooting and lacked a rifle a friend sold me his Rossi Navy Arms carbine for a really great price. I had been dragging my feet as I just couldn't seem to come up with enough spare $$ for one and I'm sure he saw that. It was (still is) near mint and had been slicked up but he had gotten a 73 and didn't need it. Finished just like yours and in .45 Colt. If Rossi could make these great looking guns specially for Navy Arms I wonder why they can't do the same for themselves. I have a Rossi .454 that I got new and it is nowhere as nice inside or out.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Very Nice......the Navy Arms Rifles are stocked in Walnut. worth the extra $$$$ to Me.
Daisyman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Daisyman »

Hawkeye2 wrote:Nice rifle! A number of years back when I was interested in doing some cowboy action shooting and lacked a rifle a friend sold me his Rossi Navy Arms carbine for a really great price. I had been dragging my feet as I just couldn't seem to come up with enough spare $$ for one and I'm sure he saw that. It was (still is) near mint and had been slicked up but he had gotten a 73 and didn't need it. Finished just like yours and in .45 Colt. If Rossi could make these great looking guns specially for Navy Arms I wonder why they can't do the same for themselves. I have a Rossi .454 that I got new and it is nowhere as nice inside or out.
I agree. I looked at some at the show and they looked liked someone did a poor buff job on an old pitted gun and blued it anyway. Like I said before, the receivers are wavy and have buff marks through the screw holes. :? :oops: Hard to imagine how Winchester and Marlin could make a beautiful crisp receiver with nice sharp edges with the tools they had a hundred years ago.
Irv