My Local WallyWorld Had .22

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Blaine
Posting leader...

My Local WallyWorld Had .22

Post by Blaine »

I was in WallyWorld yesterday to pick up a couple things and out of habit went thru sportings goods. Suprise! The ammo shelves were completely stocked up, and there were a dozen boxes of Federal 40gr Blue Box. They were 3.97 a box, which sadly seems to be about as cheap as you can get good stuff anymore......There was a limit of 4, and even though I didn't need them, I got 4 just because.
I also picked up a set of MagLite flashlights. A 2 AA cell "Mini MagLite Pro" , and a tiny 1 AAA cell "Solitaire" . Another surprise: They are still made in the USA. I've always considered MagLite the gold standard for reliability, and sturdiness. The larger one completely lit up the back fence of the community park at least a couple hundred yards away.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Re: My Local WallyWorld Had .22

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Nice to hear. I need to go shoot some of my .22's , have plenty of ammo ,need to do some plinking.
Senior Levergunner

Post by 2571 »

" and even though I didn't need them, I got 4 just because."

Does that qualify as hoarding?
hayabusa
Levergunner 2.0

Post by hayabusa »

resupply/replenish

busa
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

2571 wrote:" and even though I didn't need them, I got 4 just because."

No. A short range session.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

No, just wise purchasing.

I had a similar experience this week as well. Like Blaine, whenever I visit WallyWorld I head by the sporting goods section to check to see if they have any .22 ammunition. Yes, I have a lot, but I also have a lot of .22 firearms that need to be fed, and I can't reload these rounds (reasonably). They had just received one box of .22 LR - just one - and put it on the shelf as I walked up. Granted, it was a 1,000-round Winchester M-22 "box". :D At $50, it was a good buy given today's pricing.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Ysabel Kid wrote:

No, just wise purchasing.

I had a similar experience this week as well. Like Blaine, whenever I visit WallyWorld I head by the sporting goods section to check to see if they have any .22 ammunition. Yes, I have a lot, but I also have a lot of .22 firearms that need to be fed, and I can't reload these rounds (reasonably). They had just received one box of .22 LR - just one - and put it on the shelf as I walked up. Granted, it was a 1,000-round Winchester M-22 "box". :D At $50, it was a good buy given today's pricing.
Almost half the price I paid.....I've had a couple chances for one of those huge buckets of .22 Rem, but I just don't trust Rem rimfire anymore.....

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
1894c

Post by 1894c »

Good find on the .22 and Mini-Mag's BlaineG..I used to be a Mag Light guy, but have transitioned over to Pelican LED's, costs more ($26.00) but a whole lot brighter (see pic)...I have it's bigger brother as my main LE light (cost was $158.00)... :)

Pelican 1920- Ultrabright LED, 120-lumen output on high, 70 -lumen output on low. High & low beam mode switch. Type II anodized aluminum body . 87m beam distance on high, 27m on low. Includes breakaway safety lanyard & 2 AAA alkaline batteries (the light will last 2.75 hours on high-beam).
Untitled.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
66GTO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 66GTO »

[/quote] Almost half the price I paid.....I've had a couple chances for one of those huge buckets of .22 Rem, but I just don't trust Rem rimfire anymore.....[/quote]

Roger that. I don't know why Remington can't get it together on .22 rimfire ammo like they do on centerfire. Their rimfire has been dirty, with loose bullets, and primers that don't go "bang" for years. I gave away 1,000 rounds of Golden Bullets. I've noticed that whenever .22 ammo is advertised locally as available it is usually Remington. I always pass. I still have enough Federal in my pre-Obama stash.
Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! P Henry

When the Government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the Government, there is tyranny.T Jefferson
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

BlaineG wrote: Almost half the price I paid.....I've had a couple chances for one of those huge buckets of .22 Rem, but I just don't trust Rem rimfire anymore.....
I've found them to be pretty close to 90% reliable, so you could say they usually work... :P
Have you hugged your rifle today?
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

1892 wrote:Good find on the .22 and Mini-Mag's BlaineG..I used to be a Mag Light guy, but have transitioned over to Pelican LED's, costs more ($26.00) but a whole lot brighter (see pic)...I have it's bigger brother as my main LE light (cost was $158.00)... :)

Pelican 1920- Ultrabright LED, 120-lumen output on high, 70 -lumen output on low. High & low beam mode switch. Type II anodized aluminum body . 87m beam distance on high, 27m on low. Includes breakaway safety lanyard & 2 AAA alkaline batteries (the light will last 2.75 hours on high-beam).
Untitled.png
Not brighter at all....The 2 AA light is 279 lumens......

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

For What it's worth...

http://22lrreloader.com/
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.