Mossberg Model 464 article in June/SHOOTING TIMES Magazine

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Jaguarundi
Senior Levergunner

Mossberg Model 464 article in June/SHOOTING TIMES Magazine

Post by Jaguarundi »

FYI a article titled "Mossberg's Model 464:A 21st-century Leveraction that's Right for the traditionalist"coauthered by Dick Metcalf and R.L. Window is in the June/2008 issue of SHOOTING TIMES magazine.As a bonus the same issue has Favorite loads foldout/cutout page 30-30 Winchester by dick Metcalf.(same magazine issue also has a article about shooting the H&R Handi-Rifle in .500 S&W Magnum by Layne Pearce) :wink:
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I got a copy because it had these two articles. However, I have to say, ST's production values sure have fallen off in the last couple of years.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
william iorg
Levergunner 2.0

Post by william iorg »

Hobie, I certainly agree...
The one good bit of information on the Mossberg is that it uses the Weaver No. 403 base. This is the base (front) used by all but the earliest Winchester Big Bore rifles.
Slim
arjunky
Levergunner 3.0

Post by arjunky »

My ST subscription ran out 2 months ago. I couldn't come up with a reason to renew it. :(

Byron
kentdep
Levergunner 1.0

Post by kentdep »

I too did not renew. This was after subscribing for the last 15 years. Sad really.

:?

Jay
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

I have never subscribed to ST. It always seemed like such a propaganda machine. I have seen and held the new Mossberg levergun in my hands at the last SHOT SHOW, and I was supremely unimpressed. Frankly, America deserves a better quality firearm, particularly in a levergun.

-Tutt
Jaguarundi
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jaguarundi »

Hobie wrote:I got a copy because it had these two articles. However, I have to say, ST's production values sure have fallen off in the last couple of years.
Yup I have never had a subscription.I agree that most all gun magazines quality pale in comparision to years past. :wink:
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
ursavus.elemensis
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ursavus.elemensis »

CowboyTutt wrote:I have never subscribed to ST. It always seemed like such a propaganda machine. I have seen and held the new Mossberg levergun in my hands at the last SHOT SHOW, and I was supremely unimpressed. Frankly, America deserves a better quality firearm, particularly in a levergun.
-Tutt
Can you give some particulars? I am thinking a lot about getting one of these rifles sometime this fall. Any specific things you remember about the rifle?
"A Prince, whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people"
-The Declaration of Independence
AndyM
Levergunner 3.0

Post by AndyM »

arjunky Posted

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My ST subscription ran out 2 months ago. I couldn't come up with a reason to renew it.
My subscription was over with the June 2008 issue. I have been about a 10 year subscriber. Someone from the magazine or publishing company actually called me and asked why I was not renewing it - I told them what I thought.
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid" - Han Solo, Star Wars...
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

ST has become more like a pamphlet than a magazine, the articles being more like what used to pass for "What's New" blurbs. I, too, let my subscription drop a couple of years ago. Those two articles MIGHT tempt me to buy a single copy.