Lakeland Show

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Lakeland Show

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

Did anyone make the Lakeland show this past weekend? I saw a really nice 65 in Bee with the bolt peep. My knees buckled as I contemplated selling off my passel of Diamondback 22's in order to fund it.

I thought I'd see more 1895's there but they were pretty slim ... just a few in 303 and 30 Govt.

More 71's than I've seen in a while ... they outnumbered the 86's this time.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
guido4198
Senior Levergunner

Re: Lakeland Show

Post by guido4198 »

I was there on Saturday.
I was impressed by the actual collections brought out to show and sell. Most "Gun Shows" I've been to in recent years are little more than an expanded opportunity for retail outlets. I don't have a problem with that...but it feels like you're being asked to pay an entrance fee to go to a retail shop. The Melbourne, FL show for example...you could do the whole thing on 10 tables in a small room and just list the multiple vendors on each table for black rifles, black rifle parts and accessories, black pistols, etc. VERY little interesting actual COLLECTIONS show up. At Lakeland, I also noticed more M71's than I have seen anywhere in a LONG time and more M99 Savage rifles. I found myself complimenting collectors and their offerings more in that one day than I have in years around my part of Florida. It was really a great show...I'll definitely be going back.
That's the good news. On the other side of the coin...$12.00 at the door on top of $8.00 to park, a $6.00 hot dog and $3.00 cup of Coke doesn't make for an inexpensive day...and you haven't bought anything yet. Of course....I know...it's Florida. I told my buddy it felt like "Bike Week" in Daytona. They charge it 'cause folks will pay it, including me.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Lakeland Show

Post by Rusty »

This show was put on by the Lakeland Gun Club. IIRC they put on 2 a year. For some reason these shows are usually better than the ones put on by the outfit that puts on all the gunshows all around the state. Just my $.02.

I work on the weekends so it really doesn't mater to me any more.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.