New Western Movie Feb. 2016...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

New Western Movie Feb. 2016...

Post by cshold »

Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Re: New Western Movie Feb. 2016...

Post by Rube Burrows »

Heard there were several in the pipeline. Looking forward to them.
Lassiter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Lassiter »

Looks like it will be worth watchin'
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Good Father/Son matchup.....Demi looks rough. :shock:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Lousy example of a cross draw. His muzzle covered everything in four time zones.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Looks promising!
sureshot
Levergunner 2.0

Post by sureshot »

Keifer should have grown a beard or something. He looks just like a western version of Jack Bauer from 24.
Looks like a good movie though.

Steve :D
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

sureshot wrote:Keifer should have grown a beard or something. He looks just like a western version of Jack Bauer from 24.
Looks like a good movie though.

Steve :D
I kept expecting him to pull out his Glock. :lol:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Jack Bauer was The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance when he arrived on the 3:10 to Yuma and asked For A Few Dollars More. He then took the Stagecoach to Silverado, where he met up with some Young Guns who believed in The Legend of Curley's Gold. They hired a Warwagon, but it broke down due to an Oxbow Incident. It was such bad luck, he feared that he was Against A Crooked Sky. He was fortunate to see The Hanging Tree landmark, and soon was on the right Crossfire Trail again. He was tired from all of the travels so he slept, but woke up in a Rage At Dawn. His friends calmed him down with some music called the Song Of Arizona. Soon, they were on the Santa Fe Trail, but they had The Grand Duel with Sitting Bull and a White Apache. It was a Desperate Mission, but they fought To The Last Man, even though they were Between God, The Devil, And A Winchester. When it was over, Jack Bauer could Cry Blood Apache since he sat Tall In The Saddle. While he was on The Lawless Frontier, he felt like The Lucky Texan even if he was in Vengeance Valley, because he knew that on that day he would not Find A Place To Die. In fact, he followed the Winds Of The Wasteland and found the Treasure Of The Sierra Madre, then he took The Trail Beyond. When he heard The Bells Of San Angelo, he knew he was home and lived happily ever after under Dan Candy's Law on a little place on the Red River.

Can anyone add to the story using more old western movies? Just to make fun of the new ones, I named as many old ones as I could while narrating a story. Can you tell which one of them had Kiefer Sutherland's Dad in the starring role?
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Wow, Piller! :lol:

Thanks for the heads up, CSHold!
jd45
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jd45 »

Will Hollywood NEVER show the real way men in the old west faced each other, that, is with their guns already out & cocked, instead of the disadvantage of it being uncocked & holstered? jd45
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

jd45 wrote:Will Hollywood NEVER show the real way men in the old west faced each other, that, is with their guns already out & cocked, instead of the disadvantage of it being uncocked & holstered? jd45
Viggo Mortenson does in Appaloosa.
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

I have a great uncle that was a lawman in Nevada. The family lore is that he never had a gunfight. Yes, he carried a Colt. His preferred firearm was a short barreled 12 ga.

Hollywood wants to have heroes, so they portray the lead as one who only fights "fair". Truth is there is no such thing as a "fair" fight. You either win or lose, and your likely to get hurt in either case.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Jeepnik, it seems smart to me that a lawman would carry a 12 gauge, and try to avoid gunfights. If you miss, the bullet still goes somewhere. An innocent bystander might be injured. If you are hit, you might die, or you might not. Either way, why risk injury.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

piller wrote:Jeepnik, it seems smart to me that a lawman would carry a 12 gauge, and try to avoid gunfights. If you miss, the bullet still goes somewhere. An innocent bystander might be injured. If you are hit, you might die, or you might not. Either way, why risk injury.
I have several ancestors I'd really like to meet. He is one.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
jd45
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jd45 »

sore shoulder, thanx for reminding me of that scene........makes me wanna take out the dvd & watch it again. And it WAS a great scene, among many in that movie, IMO. jd45
jd45
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jd45 »

piller, let me add my 2 cents. There is evil in some people's hearts, who have welcomed it with open arms, and who have the attitude they can take what they want, merely cause they want it, from another, and they have no qualms about killing a person to get it. LE people sometimes must take a risk to stop these menaces to society, and protecting law-abiding citizens. They have to be good at it, so as to minimize injury to the innocents, but it must be done, otherwise the law of the jungle would rule. It takes a special kind of person to be an LE officer, and yes, a firearm is a necessary tool in their kit. I'm done, jd45
Senior Levergunner

Post by 2571 »

Is Donald Sutherland as warped in real life as he appears in movies? Is there something like a-wrong with that man?
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

looks pretty good.........
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

2571 wrote:Is Donald Sutherland as warped in real life as he appears in movies? Is there something like a-wrong with that man?
Of course - he's an actor from Hollywood!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

piller wrote:Jack Bauer was The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance when he arrived on the 3:10 to Yuma and asked For A Few Dollars More. He then took the Stagecoach to Silverado, where he met up with some Young Guns who believed in The Legend of Curley's Gold. They hired a Warwagon, but it broke down due to an Oxbow Incident. It was such bad luck, he feared that he was Against A Crooked Sky. He was fortunate to see The Hanging Tree landmark, and soon was on the right Crossfire Trail again. He was tired from all of the travels so he slept, but woke up in a Rage At Dawn. His friends calmed him down with some music called the Song Of Arizona. Soon, they were on the Santa Fe Trail, but they had The Grand Duel with Sitting Bull and a White Apache. It was a Desperate Mission, but they fought To The Last Man, even though they were Between God, The Devil, And A Winchester. When it was over, Jack Bauer could Cry Blood Apache since he sat Tall In The Saddle. While he was on The Lawless Frontier, he felt like The Lucky Texan even if he was in Vengeance Valley, because he knew that on that day he would not Find A Place To Die. In fact, he followed the Winds Of The Wasteland and found the Treasure Of The Sierra Madre, then he took The Trail Beyond. When he heard The Bells Of San Angelo, he knew he was home and lived happily ever after under Dan Candy's Law on a little place on the Red River.

Can anyone add to the story using more old western movies? Just to make fun of the new ones, I named as many old ones as I could while narrating a story. Can you tell which one of them had Kiefer Sutherland's Dad in the starring role?
....was there a Lonesome Dove sitting on The Hanging Tree...?
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

JohndeFresno wrote:
2571 wrote:Is Donald Sutherland as warped in real life as he appears in movies? Is there something like a-wrong with that man?
Of course - he's an actor from Hollywood!
Actually no. I don't agree with his politics, but he's a pretty upstanding guy. There are some good people in Hollywood. As mentioned I may not agree with their politics, but they are good people none the less. Probably the two most famous are Brad Pitt and Angelina Joley. Politics suck, but they do good works.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

jeepnik wrote:...Probably the two most famous are Brad Pitt and Angelina Joley. Politics suck, but they do good works.
Yup, Googled the Southerland family - maybe one of the better ones.

I don't believe that Brad Pitt was too kind to his first wife, nor Ms. Jolie to her previous two hubbies. Don't know about their present hookups. As a crowd, Hollywood types don't inspire me to be like them. I used to live among and associate with them as a youth, knew several of them.
donw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by donw »

jd45 wrote:Will Hollywood NEVER show the real way men in the old west faced each other, that, is with their guns already out & cocked, instead of the disadvantage of it being uncocked & holstered? jd45
it is hollywood who is credited with the gunfighters 'facing off' with one another and the low-slung gunbelts.

very few gunfighters actually practiced 'fast draw'; clay allison and John Wesley Hardin are two of the few.

allsion died of a broken neck after falling off his wagon and getting run over by it and john Wesley hardin was shot in the back by a ne'er-do-well in a saloon in El paso TX, in 1900.
if you think you're influencial, try telling someone else's dog what to do---will rogers
PriseDeFer
Levergunner 2.0

Post by PriseDeFer »

Western film portrays and operates within a myth that thousands and thousands of ticket buyers have bought into, why would they be realistic? We can get the history anytime from books, the silver screen is for dreams. Ride the high country.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

any reviews of Forsaken?
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

There are more, and more conservatives working in HollyWeird these days....they just can't open their mouths about it if they want to work.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Lassiter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Lassiter »

BlaineG wrote:There are more, and more conservatives working in HollyWeird these days....they just can't open their mouths about it if they want to work.

I do believe that you're right......one of the few that doesn't try to hide his conservatism is Tom Selleck. I think he ripped rosey o'donald a new one time for trying to ambush him on the NRA when he was a guest on her tv show
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Tycer wrote:any reviews of Forsaken?
I watched it a couple of days ago. It's worth watching. I could nit pick it to death, but it kept me entertained for 90 minutes. Worst part was seeing how ungraceful age has been to Demi Moore.
It's very clichéd but veers off the path enough to be above average.
Last edited by vancelw on Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Review of Forsaken:
I liked it.