How do you store your gunleather?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
yooper2
Levergunner 3.0

How do you store your gunleather?

Post by yooper2 »

I'm currently storing my gunleather in a box which is hardly ideal. I don't think it is good for the holsters on the bottom to get mashed by those on top of them and I dislike rummaging around looking for the holster that matches the gun I feel like toting on that particular day.

So how do you store your gunleather? Pegs, cubbies, something else? I'd love to hear some ideas.

Thanks,

Eric
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Re: How do you store your gunleather?

Post by M. M. Wright »

I'm too disorganized. I have an old leather valise that came from a yard sale for $2.00 that has my leather, wife's leather and my spurs and cuffs and it's jammed. Oh, there are some gunbelts hanging from a coat hook on the side of my bookcase. Seem never to have the needed holster on the belt I want to wear. Sometimes the wrong cartridges are in the loops. If you figure out a good way I'll be interested.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

On the floor, the handles of an old stair stepper no one is using for anything else... pegs in the washroom, draped over a saddle or over the back of the couch... Definitely organized according to use and frequency thereof!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

On a coat hanger in the closet of my gunroom.
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

On the saddle horn of your saddle of course! These questions are just to easy. :D

I hang my belts on a big hook next to my gun stuff. I also keep holsters in a cardboard box. I switch holsters on the gun belts depending on what gun I am using. I've been doing this way for a long time.

walks with gun
Levergunner 3.0

Post by walks with gun »

On the bedframe, hooks on the bedroom door, walls, closets, boxes, drawers and one usually on my waist. I think it might be a addiction, but each gun needs it's own supply, and if you bring home a new toy or if someone close asks if you have a holster for a ----, it's always nice to say Yeah, I think I do.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

I store my gun-belts hanging over a rail in my gun closet.

I store my holsters in what I'd call a 'pile' on top of my gun safes.

:?
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

Mine are in a pile on a shelf in the closet. Belts, holsters, slings, all of it. :oops:
Have you hugged your rifle today?
yooper2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by yooper2 »

Thanks gents, I think I'm going to go with pegs for the holsters and some beefy coat hangers for gunbelts. We'll see how this goes, anything has to be better than the box.

Eric
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

In a milk crate under my loading bench. High tech!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
walks with gun
Levergunner 3.0

Post by walks with gun »

I kinda like the box, whenever you get a new gun, you dig through the box again, kinda like a kid at Christmas.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

I have a long rack with hooks for belts and attached holsters. It hang on a wall in my office. It's climate controlled and the wall it's on gets no direct sunlight. Other holsters are kept on a shelf on the same wall.

That is except the one that keeps getting mold. No matter how I it was stored it kept coming back. That one lives in the garage away from my other leather.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Senior Levergunner

Post by 2571 »

marlinman93 wrote:In a milk crate under my loading bench. High tech!
Did you buy the milk crate or just 'borrow' it? Do you know what those things cost a dairy?
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

1) Large Rubbermaid box with snap lid handles, loosely packed, in a temperature controlled room
2) In a couple of bedroom nooks with plenty of air space, for more frequently carried guns
3) Pegs for things like a gun belt, shoulder holster, and the like. A large nail in the closet will suffice.
4) I put 'em where they are not crowded, rolled, or affected in a way that the leather might crack