Is this true

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
J35
Levergunner 3.0

Is this true

Post by J35 »

Do you remember 1987 when the Senators were giving Ollie North such a bad time? This brings it all into perspective, thought you might be interested in this forgotten bit of information.

It was 1987! At a lecture the other day they were playing an old news video of Lt. Col. Oliver North testifying at the Iran-Contra hearings during the Reagan Administration. There was Ollie in front of God and country getting the third degree, but what he said was stunning!

He was being drilled by a senator, "did you not recently spend close to $60,000 for a home security system?"

Ollie replied, "yes Sir, I did".

The senator continued, trying to get a laugh out of the audience,

"Isn't that just a little excessive?"

"No sir" continued Ollie.

"No, and why not?" the senator asked.

"Because the lives of my family and I were threatened sir".

"Threatened? By whom?" the senator questioned.

"By a Muslim terrorist sir". Ollie answer.

"Terrorist? What terrorist could possibly scare you that much?"

"His name is Osama bin Laden, sir", Ollie replied.

At this point the senator tried to repeat the name, but couldn't pronounce it, which most people back then probably couldn't. A couple of people laughed at the attempt. Then the senator continued. "Why are you so afraid of this man?", the senator asked.

"Because sir, he is the most evil person alive that I know of", Ollie answered, "And the Muslims are trying to take over America and destroy it from the inside out and putting their people into our political offices.

"And what do you recommend we do about him?", asked the senator.

"Well, sir, if it was up to me, I would recommend that an assassin team be formed to eliminate him and his men from the face of the earth."

The senator disagreed with this approach, and that was all that was shown of the clip. By the way, that senator was Al Gore! Also: Terrorist pilot Mohammad Atta blew up a bus in Israel in 1986. The Israelis captured, tried and imprisoned him. As part of the Oslo agreement with the Palestinians in 1993, Israel had to agree to release so-called, "political prisoners". However, the Israelis would not release any with blood on their hands.

The American President at the time, Bill Clinton, and his Secretary of State, Warren Christopher, insisted that all prisoners be released. Thus Mohammad Atta was freed and eventually thanked us by flying an airplane into Tower One of the World Trade Center. This was reported by many of the American TV networks at the time that the terrorists were first identified. It was censored in the US from all, pass this on!
Keep The Peace, Love and Harmony, These are the Gold Nuggets, All Else Is Sand !!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Is this true

Post by AJMD429 »

I don't think so...
https://youtu.be/YiIbOZ2YI0U :|
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

AJMD429 wrote:I don't think so...
+1
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

I recall the Abu Nidal comment. Watched all of it available. "What am I, a potted plant?"
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Lassiter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Lassiter »

Old Savage wrote:I recall the Abu Nidal comment. Watched all of it available. "What am I, a potted plant?"
+1

I was a rural mail carrier at the time and I listened to as much as I could. COL. North made clowns out of the questioning senators.....IMO
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

AJMD429 wrote:I don't think so...
I take it you meant, "no"!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

North himself has debunked this story so many times that it bears no further comment.
J35
Levergunner 3.0

Post by J35 »

Thanks everyone--------J
Keep The Peace, Love and Harmony, These are the Gold Nuggets, All Else Is Sand !!
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Ollie North is a true American hero in my books. He was roommate at USNA to my first XO on my first sub. Through him, I originally met Ollie in the early 80s and have since been able to call him friend. A true patriot.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Senior Levergunner

Post by 2571 »

Ollie North was a liar & a criminal.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

2571 wrote:Ollie North was a liar & a criminal.
:lol: :lol: You're a lawyer, right? Gosh, the irony...it burns. :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Otto
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Otto »

Terrorist pilot Mohammad Atta blew up a bus in Israel in 1986. The Israelis captured, tried and imprisoned him. As part of the Oslo agreement with the Palestinians in 1993, Israel had to agree to release so-called, "political prisoners". However, the Israelis would not release any with blood on their hands.

The American President at the time, Bill Clinton, and his Secretary of State, Warren Christopher, insisted that all prisoners be released. Thus Mohammad Atta was freed and eventually thanked us by flying an airplane into Tower One of the World Trade Center. This was reported by many of the American TV networks at the time that the terrorists were first identified. It was censored in the US from all, pass this on!
This also is incorrect. The name of Mohamed Atta, 9/11 conspirator, is being conflated with that of Mahmoud Mahmoud Atta, a naturalized American extradited to Israel for alleged bombing of a bus. He was convicted but later freed by the Israeli Supreme Court. The US government had nothing to do with it. There are plenty of other, legitimate reasons to be contemptuous of Clinton, Gore, et al.
"...In this present crisis, government isn't the solution to the problem; government is the problem." Ronald Reagan

"...all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed." Declaration of Independence
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

I doubt you have ever committed yourself to anything with the integrity and patriotism of a man such as Oliver North.
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

BlaineG wrote:
WOW. As I said, I consider him a friend. I will just assume you are uninformed and offer you grace.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot