OT again - Question about VHS tapes

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

OT again - Question about VHS tapes

Post by J Miller »

We have been going through all of our old movies. We are gradually replacing everything we can with DVDs, and we are replacing the full screen DVDs with Wide Screen versions.

So I'm amassing a box full of duplicates, mostly VHS tapes, but some DVDs. Quite a few John Wayne, plus a bunch of others as well.

I know most are going to DVDs, but I was wondering if there is enough interest here on the forum for me to put a list of my extras in the classified section.

What say you guys?

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
bsaride
Senior Levergunner

Post by bsaride »

I have a combo that runs either.
Posting VHS would be OK with me.
KI6WZU
NRA member
"When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'present' or 'not guilty.'"
--President Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)

“Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner”
TomD
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TomD »

I'm going through the same thing with a lot of How-to videos. I was wondering the same thing.

One of these videos has always given trouble. I played it once when I got it, and thereafter it always refused to rewind, and then about 8 years after that it started working again, and then yesterday it burnt out my VCR. So I go to Walmart and elsewhere looking for a new one, and basically they aren't really for sale any more. They have certain lame combo machines, but that's about it.

Of course you are asking whether people already with these machines might buy or want these old tapes. Myself I tend to be a late adopter of consumer electronics scams to make us buy everything all over again every few years. I think the ship has sailed on VHS, and I'm usually the last to know. So I wouldn't be lining up to get John Wayne movies when those are showing up in the Walmart bins 3 for 6 bucks in DVD! But I still think anything rare and expensive has a shot. Like How-to stuff. A tape set can cost hundreds in some cases, and may only have been watched a few times total. I'm going to try to give my VHS to a local craft club. The same could be true of rare jems of the cinema, maybe not all the John Wayne flicks are in the regular releases. Retirement homes are another option.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Hey, J Miller, I like VHS (what a dinosaur!) if you want to sell, put 'em up here or just PM me a list. Thanks jn.
arjunky
Levergunner 3.0

Post by arjunky »

ANY John Wayne movies, YES PLEASE!!!!

Byron
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Joe -

We're doing the same thing - replacing the old VHS tapes with DVD's as I find them. I have been giving the old VHS tapes to Amvets - hoping that they bring a smile to someone's face!
Jaguarundi
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jaguarundi »

Ysabel Kid wrote:Joe -

We're doing the same thing - replacing the old VHS tapes with DVD's as I find them. I have been giving the old VHS tapes to Amvets - hoping that they bring a smile to someone's face!
Good for you :D .I did the same with my ol'tapes.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."