skinner sight

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
joepb
Levergunner 2.0

skinner sight

Post by joepb »

Is anyone using the skinner barrel mount peep sight? What are your thoughts? Thanks Joe
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Re: skinner sight

Post by claybob86 »

I tried a barrel mounted peep sight by another manufacturer, but it didn't work well for me. Replaced with a receiver mounted peep, which works much better with my eyes. Depending on how your eyes are, the barrel mounted peep might be fine.
Have you hugged your rifle today?
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Re: skinner sight

Post by vancelw »

joepb wrote:Is anyone using the skinner barrel mount peep sight? What are your thoughts? Thanks Joe
Yep. I have one on an 1886 Browning SRC. Fast acquisition and very accurate. I highly recommend it for a gun you don't want to D&T for a tang or a receiver sight. It's got a shorter sight radius than a tang sight, but I don't have to adjust my grip, so it's faster.

I've seen guys on other forums disparage it, saying it makes no point to place the sight that far out. I doubt they've ever used one.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle