New world record W/ a Lever rifle, 1.90 sec. 10 shots

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Lefty Dude
Senior Levergunner

New world record W/ a Lever rifle, 1.90 sec. 10 shots

Post by Lefty Dude »

Y'all got to see this. He does it with a Marlin Lever Gun. Not a stock piece I might add. This is a full race Rifle. I watched him shoot at the Cowboy U.S. Championships this past March. It sound like a Machine Gun.

Enjoy :wink:

See it here;

http://www.jspublications.net/records/records.html
SASS# 51223
Arizona Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.
Cowtown Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.

Uberti 73/44-40 carbine, Rossi 92/44-40,
Marlin 94CB/44 24" Limited, Winchester 94/30-30
Jaguarundi
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jaguarundi »

Cool 8) Thanks for posting.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Thanks for posting, I guess I need more practice! :wink:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
kentdep
Levergunner 1.0

Post by kentdep »

Steve can shoot can't he! I shoot the local sass matches with him and he is amazing to watch. Thanks for posting the link. I thought that I read on the sass wire that he topped that record at the Kentucky State match. Awsome!

Jay
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

My computer won't play the videos! Arghhhh!!!! :evil:

Well, from the data, these look darn fast!!! :shock:
Comal Forge
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Comal Forge »

Cyclic rate is about 315 rounds per minute - a tad slower than the old M3 grease gun. We need to get him a 50 round drum mag... :lol:
coyote nose
Levergunner 2.0

Post by coyote nose »

drat!! Once again I cannot get the thing to play. I'd really like to see this! Sure wish they made computers user friendly.
"...for there is a cloud on my horizon...and its name is progress." E. Abbey, 1958
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

The rifle is a short stroked Marlin, done up by Gary Blansett spur45@macomb.com of Macomb, IL.

I've got two of Gary's rifles, but short stroked for my cowboy .45 Special rounds, and though I'm no speed demon, and never gonna catch deuce, I can cycle 10 through em in about 3 seconds. Compare that to about 6 seconds at best with a slick but stock Marlin.

To give you an idea how a short stroked Marlin works, if ya open yer 1894's lever until the nub on the bottom of the bolt JUST cocks the hammer and stop, that's how far they open full stroke. The action is so slick and light, ya just park yer thumb right alongside the hammer, where the wood meets the metal of the receiver, without looping the thumb over the wood, and flick yer fingers to cycle it. the wrist hardly moves (if yer hands are big enough it doesn't) and ya anchor the stroke with the thumb welded to the side of the gun.

It is a thing of beauty.
Certified gun nut
RSY
Senior Levergunner

Post by RSY »

Not to be a wet blanket, but...

...the absence of recoil makes it somewhat hard for me to be impressed by such feats. Let's see him do it with standard loads in a stock rifle. Now, THAT would be something to write home about.

Nonetheless, it does look like a lot of fun.

Scott
Marlin .35
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Marlin .35 »

Thanks for posting!!! I really enjoyed that!! Art
Dead Calm is alive and well!!!!!!!
Grizzly Adams
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Grizzly Adams »

RSY wrote:Not to be a wet blanket, but...

...the absence of recoil makes it somewhat hard for me to be impressed by such feats. Let's see him do it with standard loads in a stock rifle. Now, THAT would be something to write home about.

Scott
Well, don't get to feeling too smug! This boy can bury most of us using anything you care to put up - stock or tricked - cowboy or full house loads! I'll put money on it! :twisted:

Kinda reminds me of the kid in Quigley Down Under - "Give me one on those, and...." :P
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a Vet!
COMNAVFORV, Vietnam 68-70
NRA Life, SASS Life, Banjo picking done cheap!

Quyana cekneq, Neva
Lefty Dude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lefty Dude »

Grizzly Adams wrote:
RSY wrote:Not to be a wet blanket, but...

Scott
Well, don't get to feeling too smug! This boy can bury most of us using anything you care to put up - stock or tricked - cowboy or full house loads! I'll put money on it! :twisted:

Kinda reminds me of the kid in Quigley Down Under - "Give me one on those, and...." :P
He was shooting a stock Marlin, and shooting 10 in 2.5sec. I know Steve, and yes he could impress you with anything that has a trigger, be it Cowboy or conventional / Modern.
SASS# 51223
Arizona Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.
Cowtown Cowboy Shooter's Assoc.

Uberti 73/44-40 carbine, Rossi 92/44-40,
Marlin 94CB/44 24" Limited, Winchester 94/30-30
wildmanh
Levergunner 1.0

Post by wildmanh »

Thats really cool. Thanks for sharing the links. I really like the video. Amazing stuff!!

Heber
Wayne Miller
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Wayne Miller »

Very impressive and cool to watch. For some reason, however, I have this urge to say, "In this stage, you have a POed Griz charging from 30 feet...here's a Guide Gun loaded with Garrett Hammer Heads.....Shooter ready?!?" BEEEP! :twisted:
Wayne Miller
(Known as "Mossyrock" elsewhere)

"We thought about it for a long time... 'Endeavor to persevere.' And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union."

Lone Watie
Grizzly Adams
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Grizzly Adams »

Wayne Miller wrote:Very impressive and cool to watch. For some reason, however, I have this urge to say, "In this stage, you have a POed Griz charging from 30 feet...here's a Guide Gun loaded with Garrett Hammer Heads.....Shooter ready?!?" BEEEP! :twisted:
Ha! I don't know about the gent in the video, but I suspect the sound you would here from me in that circumstance would be, well.......:shock:...nothing like a "beep"! :lol: :lol:
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a Vet!
COMNAVFORV, Vietnam 68-70
NRA Life, SASS Life, Banjo picking done cheap!

Quyana cekneq, Neva
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Grizzly Adams wrote:
Wayne Miller wrote:Very impressive and cool to watch. For some reason, however, I have this urge to say, "In this stage, you have a POed Griz charging from 30 feet...here's a Guide Gun loaded with Garrett Hammer Heads.....Shooter ready?!?" BEEEP! :twisted:
Ha! I don't know about the gent in the video, but I suspect the sound you would here from me in that circumstance would be, well.......:shock:...nothing like a "beep"! :lol: :lol:
I've heard of a game where they do just that. You walk a trail as a team of 2, and things pop put at you to shoot "Sporting Clays" style.

Except for the Bear.

The Bear is a Big Ol Fake Stuffed Griz that comes straight at you and if it doesn't take COM/CNS hits it eats you and you lose. :lol:
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Very impressive. But as has happened to ISPC, and IDPA, Cowboy Action shooting is now becoming the realm of the gamer. Specially modified equipment costing more than most folks can afford. While I don't know what load he was shooting, based on apparent recoil, it was not a full power load. I'd love to see him try the same with a stock 1895 guide gun with some Buffalo Bore stuff. It would be mildly entertaining.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad