Great customer service from EOTech!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Great customer service from EOTech!

Post by 2ndovc »

I have an EOTech holographic sight I bought in 2003 for my Colt AR. A couple years ago I picked it up, turned it on and Blip just went dead. I had let the batteries sit too long and they had corroded. I put it in a box, stuck it in a drawer and would think every now and then that I needed to send it in for repairs. Finally got around to sending an email to EOTech about how to send it in for repairs. Mike in customer service got back to me just a few hours later with a note that he was sending a kit and instructions for the repair along with the mounting screw that didn't seem to make it back in the box. Two days later the parts arrived, repair made and it's now sitting on top of my new Ruger AR-556.
All of this was sent to me at NO CHARGE!!

Big thanks to Mike and the folks at EOTech for a great product and outstanding customer service!!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: Great customer service from EOTech!

Post by Griff »

2ndovc wrote:I have an EOTech holographic sight I bought in 2003 for my Colt AR. A couple years ago I picked it up, turned it on and Blip just went dead. I had let the batteries sit too long and they had corroded. I put it in a box, stuck it in a drawer and would think every now and then that I needed to send it in for repairs. Finally got around to sending an email to EOTech about how to send it in for repairs. Mike in customer service got back to me just a few hours later with a note that he was sending a kit and instructions for the repair along with the mounting screw that didn't seem to make it back in the box. Two days later the parts arrived, repair made and it's now sitting on top of my new Ruger AR-556.
All of this was sent to me at NO CHARGE!!

Big thanks to Mike and the folks at EOTech for a great product and outstanding customer service!!

jb 8)
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Good service.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
MrMurphy
Senior Levergunner

Post by MrMurphy »

Very unusual in their case.

Apparently they're trying to keep what few customers are sticking around after they finally admitted they'd been defrauding the government (knowingly) for A DECADE.

You won't see me ever recommend an EoTech for serious use (even before that) due to repeated amounts of failures in large amounts (regardless of model).
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Wow, had no idea. I have to say though the damage to this particular sight was 100% my fault. It sat for over a year with the same batteries in it. It ran very well during my IDPA / carbine shoot days but that's a real big difference than being bounced and banged around a Middle Eastern desert.

You raise a question then, if you were going to spend around $1000 or so what would you buy? I'm going to replace my Colt that was sold while I was in the hospital as soon as I can and leave the EOTech on the Ruger.

jb 8)

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Can you give the contact information you used out...?

I have an EoTech that I accidentally let out the 'vacuum' on, and like you, have just held it in a drawer for several years, even thinking I might try to nitrogen-purge it myself.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

AJMD429 wrote:Can you give the contact information you used out...?

I have an EoTech that I accidentally let out the 'vacuum' on, and like you, have just held it in a drawer for several years, even thinking I might try to nitrogen-purge it myself.
Doc,

Here's the link; http://www.eotechinc.com/hws-service-an ... and-repair

Go to the HWS section and fill out the Return auth form. Took me about five min. and response time was very fast.

jb 8)

MrMurphy
Senior Levergunner

Post by MrMurphy »

A grand on a rifle, or an optic?

Rifle....Bravo Company Manufacturing, Noveske. Or Daniel Defense for most stuff.

Optic? Aimpoint, unless you need magnification.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

MrMurphy wrote:A grand on a rifle, or an optic?

Rifle....Bravo Company Manufacturing, Noveske. Or Daniel Defense for most stuff.

Optic? Aimpoint, unless you need magnification.

I did mean the optics. Thanks!

jb 8)

Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

Eotech will give a full refund on the sight, which many have availed themselves of. They have serious issues with maintaining a zero in extreme temp changes. That doesn't mean they go back into zero when the temp goes back, they can go anywhere. It was so bad the .gov sued them and won, and they've been offering full refunds to civvy customers also.

Their rep has taken a serious hit. They (company and sights) are not trusted much any more.

One link. Its been all over the net since last winter

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/1 ... an/381271/
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?