It's not a levergun, but....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bulldog
Levergunner 1.0

It's not a levergun, but....

Post by Bulldog »

I have an old Revelation 350A single shot 12 ga that's giving me fits. It will pop open on every shot. I have thoroughly cleaned the locking bolt and barrel, replaced all the springs, and it still opens. The darn thing is so light that I'm thinking just the recoil is doing it. Any other ideas?
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: It's not a levergun, but....

Post by GunnyMack »

I am not familiar with that gun, but as I have fitted locking bolts in a few shotguns, you have a worn out locking system. I'll look it up, try to get back to you.

If gun parts has one, order it , it may drop in with minor fitting, or it may not.

If one can't be had, find a GOOD welder and teach yourself how to operate a file, you will also need a smoke lamp to fit it.

Problem with this gun, is it worth fixing? That's the first thing a 'smith it gonna ask you.

While I was at TSJC gunsmith program back in the 90's I bought an O/U 12 that was just parts. Had to fit everything from internals to barrels. Only tools used were a smoke lamp & files!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Gun parts shows your locking block! See link below!
http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufacture ... -41236.htm

Looks to me like a drop in part, maybe minor fitting.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

GunnyMack you are a good man to have around.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Glad to be of service!
Hope you get it back up and running!!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Bulldog
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Bulldog »

My father bought this gun when I was but a wee lad. I don't think it's had 2 boxes of shells fired in it. There is no sign of wear on any of the locking components. I really don't think it's a wear issue. It is possible that it was never fit properly I suppose. It's done this as long as I remember. Not sure why it's taken 40 some years to get around to trying to solve the problem.
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Check to see if your chamber is deep enough for 2 3/4 inch shells with a star crimp. Old guns were chambered for roll crimp over a card wad and need to be deepened for modern shells. The short chamber raises pressures a bunch when used with star crimped shells.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS