Anderson family portrate

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JOHNNY WACKO
Levergunner 3.0

Anderson family portrate

Post by JOHNNY WACKO »

left to right 458,762x39,762x39,762x39,223/556.223/556,223/556,300b0

next one on list is a 300bo rifle.
JOHNNY WACKO
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzevezzx/john ... dproducts/
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Anderson family portrate

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Nice, uh nice! Todd 3leg
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Lots of EVIL (black rifles) right there!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
JOHNNY WACKO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOHNNY WACKO »

I try to make each 1 a bit different but it's hard not to all look alike.
I built 3 other 762x39s and 7 223/556 for friends and they all turned out super good shooters rite from the get go. 1 762x39 was a PSA and 2 556/223 were psa also but i like the Anderson better. the PSA usually are about a pound and 1/2 lighter then the Anderson
must be in the receivers from what i figured by weighing them before the uppers.
JOHNNY WACKO
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I have been debating a 9mm Glock pattern lower from PSA. Think it would be fun little carbine.
Only problem is when they have lowers in stock they don't have uppers and vice versa!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

I like the A2, working on one of those myself and a long range varmint/ Zombie rifle. Also want a 9mm carbine for fun but haven't decided which way to go yet either.

Nice stuff Jonny.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
JOHNNY WACKO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOHNNY WACKO »

i use the mac 11 for my 9mm fun.
Last edited by JOHNNY WACKO on Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
JOHNNY WACKO
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

Which mags and BCG's are you finding the most reliable for the x39 builds? Ive ditched 300bo and I have always wanted to build a x39 that can be scoped and run souped up handloads to take advantage of that case capacity.
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
JOHNNY WACKO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOHNNY WACKO »

built these 1 is a 762x39 and the other a 223/556 for a husband+ wife couple last may or june.she outshot her husband too.all 4'6" of her and he is a big guy6'.he was mad and shot till he did as good as her first try.
Last edited by JOHNNY WACKO on Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
JOHNNY WACKO
JOHNNY WACKO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOHNNY WACKO »

sore shoulder wrote:Which mags and BCG's are you finding the most reliable for the x39 builds? Ive ditched 300bo and I have always wanted to build a x39 that can be scoped and run souped up handloads to take advantage of that case capacity.
I get them from a guy on g/b they have a deeper bolt face to help in the hard primer problems and don't need a longer firing pin even so i buy the upgraded pin kit, longer firing pin and s/s with a harder bolt head pin also. I get them on g/b also.they say the bolt head pin of a 223 will fail and brake off over time so i upgrade them just in case.
I can get you the site name if you need it.

all my mags the 10 rd and the 20 are ASC form New Britain CT. never had ant troubles with them feeding.
JOHNNY WACKO
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

JOHNNY WACKO wrote:
sore shoulder wrote:Which mags and BCG's are you finding the most reliable for the x39 builds? Ive ditched 300bo and I have always wanted to build a x39 that can be scoped and run souped up handloads to take advantage of that case capacity.
I get them from a guy on g/b they have a deeper bolt face to help in the hard primer problems and don't need a longer firing pin even so i buy the upgraded pin kit, longer firing pin and s/s with a harder bolt head pin also. I get them on g/b also.they say the bolt head pin of a 223 will fail and brake off over time so i upgrade them just in case.
I can get you the site name if you need it.

all my mags the 10 rd and the 20 are ASC form New Britain CT. never had ant troubles with them feeding.
The deeper bolt face doesnt affect headspace? And by bolt pin are you referring to the bolt cam pin? And yes, I would very much like the information. Please and thank you.

I figured I would stick with 10 round mags since those are reported to be reliable. I've watched the development of the mags for a long time now and have yet to hear of a 100% reliable 30 rounder.
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
JOHNNY WACKO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOHNNY WACKO »

It's not much deeper and no it don't seem to have any affect on head space,there custom made so he mite have that set to allow the deeper cut.and i will go back through my g/b feedbacks and find his site,i need a bolt for a new build for a guy anyway and was going to find him anyways.give me a few days and i'll have it for you.they only keep your order history for 90 days but the feedbacks will give me his name.You have to upgrade to a heavy hammer spring also and he sells a bolt with the spring included for like $115 buy i buy the wolff 3 spring kit cos the heavy hammer spring makes the trigger pull stiffer if you don't do a lighter trigger spring kit. He has the 3 spring kits there too.Thats were i got all my 762 parts from.as far as bolt and springs the firing pin kits are from another guy on g/b but i have a card from him i think here somewhere.
i can send you all my info on building them at 1 time to make it easier.

my longer mags are 20 rd not 30.and i have never had a feed issue with the 10 or 20 from that company. I had a 10 rd 1 from another co. that was junk and ended up tossing it and went back to the ASC.

I GUESS THATS THE CAM PIN THE 1 THAT HOLDS THE HEAD TO THE bcg.

i BUILT ALL OF THE ARS FROM STRIPPED RECEIVERS AND UPPERS BUT THE 458 AND THE 1 762X39 RIFLE#2 UPPERS WERE ALREADY BUILT. ALL ANDERSON PART KITS WITH S/S PARTS + PINS.WOLFF SPRINGS.
JOHNNY WACKO
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

thanks Johnny
11B30
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

The x39 head spaces on the datum of shoulder, only issue with a deeper bolt is more of the case head being 'unsupported'. Not an issue as the bolt lock up takes care of that.

I like PSA 9 mm platform because it's Mage to use Glock( or colt or s&w mags{I think} mags. No filler in 223 mag well.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Nice portrait Wacko! Sure is great to live in Pa. where we can do just about anything we want to...for now.-----6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

GunnyMack wrote:The x39 head spaces on the datum of shoulder, only issue with a deeper bolt is more of the case head being 'unsupported'. Not an issue as the bolt lock up takes care of that.

I like PSA 9 mm platform because it's Mage to use Glock( or colt or s&w mags{I think} mags. No filler in 223 mag well.

5.56 also head spaces on the shoulder, but that distance between the case base and the bolt face is extremely critical when measuring actual head space. I've read about the bolt face being machined deeper into the bolt for x39, but I also assumed that required a matching barrel with barrel extension adjusted to accommodate the difference in depth, as the barrel extension is where head space is set.
11B30
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Headspace works the same on anything that spaces from datum. It's from bolt face to datum, deeper bolt will still be the same distance for GO as a shallower bolt. With a bolt that is for arguments sake is .050" deep will have a chamber that is the same .050" shallower chamber.
If a .050 bolt has been installed on a chamber cut for say a .010" bolt THEN you get excessive headspace, if a .010 bolt put on a barrel chambered for a .050 then the chamber is too short and would have to deepen it.
Most calibers have a range of about .003-.005 that is GO, then you have NO GO and FIELD. Field is excessive.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

GunnyMack wrote:Headspace works the same on anything that spaces from datum. It's from bolt face to datum, deeper bolt will still be the same distance for GO as a shallower bolt. With a bolt that is for arguments sake is .050" deep will have a chamber that is the same .050" shallower chamber.
If a .050 bolt has been installed on a chamber cut for say a .010" bolt THEN you get excessive headspace, if a .010 bolt put on a barrel chambered for a .050 then the chamber is too short and would have to deepen it.

Most calibers have a range of about .003-.005 that is GO, then you have NO GO and FIELD. Field is excessive.

You have outlined very clearly my exact concern, that putting a deeper cut bolt into a chamber and extension not matched to it is going to create excessive head space. It seems we are on the same page. I think the reason an unsupported case head isn't a problem is due to the low pressures the x39 operates at. That would be a concern for me since my intention is to push the pressures.
11B30
JOHNNY WACKO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOHNNY WACKO »

I have 2 of the bolts with a deeper cut and 1 that don't and they all work in all 3 of the 39 with no difference at all in accuracy or any problems at all. the barrels are 3 different makers and like i say it don't seem to cause any issues. the cut is very slight and the add stated how much but must be in the limits of the go gauge to work and i know the longer pins you buy are so slight of a difference you can hardly see it. and you will still get a mis fire every so often. I have had no issues at all with them is all i know and like i said the first bolt i got was not cut any and the other 2 are and you can not tell any difference in them as far as function or any gas leaks or being dirtier or anything like that. And switching them around don't change the scope settings at all. they seem to shoot exactly the same place.There must be a limit to how much you can go without causing any issues. is the 763x39 rim fatter to start with i never checked but like i say they seem to do fine for me.

but do to all your concerns i will not post any links to these bolts and let anyone find there own and make there own opinion if its correct or not. I don't want to be left accountable for anyone safety but my own. just go to gunbroker and type in 762x39 bolt and make your own choices.
JOHNNY WACKO
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

Thanks Johnny, I appreciate all the information from someone who has a lot of experience with the x39 in a AR.
11B30
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Now that's a family you don't mind having around for the holidays. Hmm one of them looks awful familiar. Hmm
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.