Veteran? No guns should you have

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
mohavesam
Levergunner 2.0

Veteran? No guns should you have

Post by mohavesam »

Mark Kelly and Gabby Giffords are soliciting this letter opposing the Veterans 2nd Amendment Protection Act:

“We write to you today to express our grave concerns with legislation being considered by Congress, the Veterans 2nd Amendment Protection Act. This proposal would put America’s veterans who need our support the most in harm’s way by providing them with easy access to firearms...."

Working to oppose/eliminate/conditionalize your Civil Rights. What exactly is the definition of an Enemy of the State???
I'm positive God created the universe... I'm just not convinced He had any choice in the matter.
-A. Einstein
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Veteran? No guns should you have

Post by jeepnik »

Truth is armed veterans scare the hell out of politicians who would love to rule completely unopposed. Though every time this nation has needed them veterans have stepped forward again.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
HawkCreek
Levergunner 2.0

Post by HawkCreek »

Best of luck to anyone who tries to take mine.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Got a link to that?

That pair is making a fortune off wealthy libs who support their agenda. Probably some Soros cash involved there.

Molon Labe.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Normally, a compassionate person would feel kindly towards Ms Giffords, having suffered a near-fatal gunshot.

HOWEVER, when she spews hateful and destructive lies that put innocent lives at risk (as well as the freedom and security of an entire nation), I feel nothing but contempt for her, 'martyr' or not. :evil:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

mohavesam wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:03 pmWhat exactly is the definition of an Enemy of the State???
It is something decidedly different than an Enemy of the People.

:|
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Guess that pair sees things differently than I do as it pertains to putting veterans at risk! I would think disarming a veteran or anyone else for that matter, puts that person at a higher risk of being harmed. Where do these idiots come up with this stuff?
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

In Ms. Gifford's defense, I don't think she is the same person she was before her near-murder.
As far as veterans and weapons, I sold more Beretta M-9s, 1911s and civilian M-4s to veterans than any other group when I worked post-retirement for about 18 months at a Sportsman's Warehouse. It was satisfying to see these men and women being able to own the instruments of their own salvation in combat on behalf of the United States.