Not a problem with this bunch here...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Not a problem with this bunch here...

Post by Old Ironsights »

But a video worth sharing with our less "in touch"/sane/human relatives & acquaintances...

Watch it all the way through before reading anything about it or commenting...

https://youtu.be/3PKn0hL9aBs
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: Not a problem with this bunch here...

Post by Sixgun »

OI,
Heavy dude.........I believe there are different perspectives on this but it all comes down to today's society with their "throwaway" attitudes and anything that does not "fit into their happiness" gets pushed/thrown away.

Five years ago, my wife was surfing the web on unwanted dogs/for sale dogs and found a young Yorkie for $300 that had papers and was beautiful full bred. She made the arrangements to buy the dog and when she came home, she was in tears. She told me that upon meeting the people.....a young couple with two small children.....that the man uncaringly handed the 4 pound dog to my wife, along with a crate and probably $200 worth of dog toys. The children were crying. After the transaction was complete, he sped away in his Audi.

Upon arriving home she looked up the breeder and found the original cost was $1500.

"Max" never knew what it was like to live until he came into our home.

You don't want to hear the story about "Alfie", who spent the first three years of his life in a 2 x 2 crate until he came home with us. I set the dog in the fenced off back yard......a small section about a half acre......he just stood there, not knowing how to run.

The older I get, the more convinced I am that most people are no good.----6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Hey Six you are right, although my saying is People Suck
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Sixgun wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:52 pm OI,
Heavy dude.........
Yeah... It's Brutal. But deserved.
Sixgun wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:52 pm ...
The older I get, the more convinced I am that most people are no good.----6
At least I was born with that opinion.

Ah well... with any luck the rest of them will kill each other off and only Levergunners will be left.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Lots of feelings, candles, teddy bears and hand holding. Oh, and balloons...lots of balloons. I guess my approach would be an abuser meeting the business end of a baseball bat.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

BlaineG wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:08 pm Lots of feelings, candles, teddy bears and hand holding. Oh, and balloons...lots of balloons. I guess my approach would be an abuser meeting the business end of a baseball bat.
Blaine.....your being too nice......I say we need another "night of the long knives"----6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Well Marlin will not end up like that!
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

We have Roscoe, who is an Aussie sheep dog mixed with Lab or something, who was abandoned by the roadside as a puppy in Texas. He wound up here and is healthy and happy. :D I can't really express how I feel about people who would abandon or otherwise abuse an animal... :evil:
Have you hugged your rifle today?
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Oh I can express it...just won't even come close to passing the censorship on any website. Outta be kicked in jewels with pointy cowboy boots for an attention getter and start the discussion of their evil ways after that!
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Got a Rat Terrier sleeping at my feet and a Chihuahua sleeping in SightHunter's lap as I type this. Sadly, that is just too true. Puppies and little kids do sometimes tear things up, but the love they give far outweighs any annoyance which should be extremely short lived at anything they do out of sheer zest for life. When I am sitting down watching TV or reading, and Masked Marvel the Rat Terrier comes from out of nowhere and suddenly launches himself up into my lap, then is no way for me to even think of just pushing him down. He gets a hug and a good scratching behind the ears and then he gets down in a minute or two. He is too energetic to stay long. If there is something that I am doing which I cannot allow anyone to bother me while it is going on, I go out to the garage and leave my phone in the house.

Waking up in the morning with one or two of the dogs sleeping on the bed beside me is a real treasure. My kids are too old for that, and I have no grandkids, so the dogs get to sleep up with PillHer and me. Masked Marvel will sleep with his back to one or the other of us and his head on the pillow beside ours. I am not too sure that he realizes that he is not a human. He has sure made PillHer and me do some child-proofing again. He gets into stuff just like a 1 to 2 year old child would. Sparkle, the 10 year old Atlas Terrier has slowed down to where she wants to sleep more than anything, but she tolerates Masked Marvel, and he seems to adore her. She taught him to catch rats, and he is doing quite well at that. We have a couple of large fields near us, and in the Summer the rats come looking for water and food.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

My wife is a big girl, 18 years as a cop. Wanna mess with her, more power to ya.
My bouncing baby boy 24 years old 6 foot four 265pound weight lifter with a stubborn side he must have gotten from his Mother. Wanna mess with him, haha hah, go ahead can I watch? I'll bring the first aid kit. Mess with my dogs ...you're probably gonna wish the dog got to you first. Just sayin. Some things simply are not tolerated. It's not my fault man, its how I was raised.