Labor Day weekend shoot in Los Angeles at Angeles Range

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Labor Day weekend shoot in Los Angeles at Angeles Range

Post by CowboyTutt »

Wondering if there might be any interest in this. It means I have to probably drive down which is more expensive than flying. Its one of the finest shooting ranges in all of California. I would highly recommend it. -Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Labor Day weekend shoot in Los Angeles at Angeles Range

Post by jeepnik »

Darn. I’m very close but I’ll be in Reno that weekend.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

They still have shooting events in Kali? Does Gavin know about this yet? Do they also sell ice cream in Hell? :lol:
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Post by jkbrea »

A shoot with members would be fun. I shot at that range for sniper school years back. Very nice! But not sure Ca is the right spot. Ammo laws are insane. You have to register to buy it! I don't think youre even allowed to import any without sending it to a dealer first. I was there last month trying to gift a gun to my son. Third store finally did it, but had to leave it for 10 day hold. They had lots of reload ammo...but it had to be shot there at their indoor range, unless you were registered. Also on the range website:
A FACE MASK IS REQUIRED AT ALL TIMES ON THE PROPERTY. NO MASK, NO SERVICE.
I'm sorry Tutt. Not trying to cause you any grief.
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

When I stop to think about it, my family down there is not vaxed, nor my friend Jim W., and I bet Old Savage is not either so maybe not a good time. I can get free testing all the time within my district and will be sure I'm clean before I travel down. -Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)

TomF
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TomF »

It is a very fine shooting facility. While working in California several years back, a El Chivo posted here that he'd be there on a certain weekend. My schedule was clear so I went. Met El Chivo and Jim W. Fun day. Jim was shooting a 788 in 222 with cast boolits. Awesome range nestled between the hills.
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

El Chivo was a nice guy. I lost touch with him after he left the forum. Jim W. is one of the kindest men I have ever met. -Tutt

TomF
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TomF »

Agreed.
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

I just had a brief chat with Jim Williamson down in L.A. Most of the shooting ranges in Los Angeles county have shut down except for the Angeles Shooting range. They are extremely busy because of this, and it may take an hour to even get a position to shoot from. Jim does have access to 2 private shooting ranges but only to 100 yards or so (to say that "sticks in my craw" is no small understatement so maybe bring some handguns. Jim is not vaxed, nor his wife. I am. I get tested every Monday as per work requirement. No test, no work. We had an asymptotic teacher test positive at one of our schools up here. It could have been a spreader event if not for our rigorous testing. We closed down that K program before it even started and they will begin next week some time.

I wanted to post a question here and see how you guys felt about it. I do not believe in mandatory vaccination, especially as the usefulness of these things seem to be declining.

But I am also visiting my family, my Mom aged 80 who is high risk, my sister, Jim, anyone else who shows up and is not vaxed for what it is worth. Free 15 minute COVID testing seems to be readily available here in CA. I am one of the safest persons you could be around because of my job requirements as a public school psychologist. I get tested every Monday of every week and I'm vaxed by Moderna although I don't plan on the 3rd booster shot. No thanks.

I was just wondering how the forum members felt about the idea that if you want to show up to shoot, you need a negative covid test within the last week (no proof needed) I realize that this might anger some. I'm actually posting this in the hope we can shoot together!!! But maybe a handful of us could shoot from the L.A. area at these private gun clubs. (I am traveling 550 miles to make it) and have the comradery and see my family.

I think I will be going down and Jim and I will be shooting somewhere.

It would be nice to see some other members but understand the conditions are not very favorable. Like the old expression goes, "run the flag up and see who salutes!"

Thank you for your understanding.

Humbly and thank you.

Regards,

-Tutt

new pig hunter
Senior Levergunner

Post by new pig hunter »

CowboyTutt,

just curious ...... did you find a place to shoot in the L.A. area ??
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Jim W. told me he had access to 2 private ranges by phone so I have no reason to doubt him. The only down side is they are knife throwing distance at 100 yards. -Tutt