New to Me FUN!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
505stevec
Levergunner 3.0

New to Me FUN!

Post by 505stevec »

I live in New Mexico and have never been prairie dog shooting. Well my son in-law took me this morning. I took my 9422 open sight. What a blast. those little things are a challenge to shoot but what a great time! I have seen these things my whole life and never shot one... go figure. Well I am definitely hooked. Now I gotta keep myself in .22 ammo.
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are
willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." - John F. Kennedy
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: New to Me FUN!

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Oooh, Steve. Get yourself a CZ 452 in 17 MHR or 17 HM2. These things are scalpels ...
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

Sounds good. Our rats around here live in trees and don't congregate socially. :lol:
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Andrew wrote:Sounds good. Our rats around here live in trees and don't congregate socially. :lol:
+1 :D

Congrats!!! :D :D :D
505stevec
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 505stevec »

Bill in Oregon wrote:Oooh, Steve. Get yourself a CZ 452 in 17 MHR or 17 HM2. These things are scalpels ...
I just heard of .17 HMR. This sounds like the ideal caliber for Doggin!
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are
SJPrice
Levergunner 3.0

Post by SJPrice »

17's are fine as long as you limit your shots. I prefer the 22 mag for better assurance of quick humane kills out past 100 yds if you are set on using a rimfire. If you get into centerfire rifle now the world really opens up.
Always Drink Upstream From The Herd
505stevec
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 505stevec »

I was thinking of my AR-15. the ammo would be expensive though compaired to .22s.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

I've never been, but it sure looks like it would be a blast, pun intended. :D
NRA Life Member