'Scenarios' for CCW training

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

'Scenarios' for CCW training

Post by AJMD429 »

https://youtu.be/ERIIDaAPhgo

I think these are helpful.

Only been in a couple 'drawn gun' scenarios in my life, and no shots fired, but the mental exercise seems useful.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Re: 'Scenarios' for CCW training

Post by Lastmohecken »

WOW! On that second scenario, It doesn't seem to make sense. With camera's everywhere, these days. The fact that the bad guys didn't have masks on, and one of them already just up and killed the woman at the beginning, I don't see the bad guys leaving any witnesses alive. But at any rate, this would be a really tricky situation with the second gunman involved.
NRA Life Member, Patron
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Years ago I was doing wiring at the Federal Reserve Bank and they were doing a UGN drive, so they offered a run through their FATS for $1. I must have gone through it 5 or 6 times as I enjoyed the real life type scenario the system uses. It's extremely nerve wracking when you're waiting for something that might happen, and the suspect spins around to hand you his/her ID instead of showing a gun! But it also really makes you realize how little time you might have to make a split second decision whether to hold fire, or shoot.
The officer running the system chuckled on one of my trips through when I shot two innocent people, and said, "Well you never missed anytime you fired." Good thing it was just a training film!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Yeah working as a relief pharmacist overnight in a 24-hour store in a high-crime area, a suspicious dude was loitering around the store and watching everyone who came and went, then at about 2 a.m. when no more customers were in the store, he came back to the pharmacy counter, with hands in his jacket pockets, still looking around 'suspiciously'.

The store had been held up every couple weeks, so I was carrying my Para Ordnance double-stack (14 round 1911) in condition one, and to balance the heavy gun the opposite side of the shoulder rig had two spare loaded magazines. So as this suspicious guy approached the rear counter, and the only other person in the store was the cashier up front, I eased my right hand around the gun grip and un-snapped the holster, pulling the gun free but still keeping it under my white coat. I leaned forward on the counter 'conversationally' but was ready for whatever happened, hopefully. Of course the counters were the older really-high ones, so as he got closer I couldn't see his hands or anything from the chest down.

He came up and whispered "Hey, I thought I should introduce myself; due to all the holdups here, they hired me to hang around and provide security..." He was a retired cop, but appeared to be in great physical shape, dressed right to blend in with the neighborhood clientele (so many cops trying to 'blend in' look SO out of place :roll: ) and his 'suspicious' behavior was just him attending to his surroundings while pretending to 'shop'.

I didn't say anything that night because I didn't know him very well, of course, but one night a couple months later, a family came in for their weekly 'shopping' where there were five or six kids who would run around and distract the store personnel by taking things off shelves and making noise, while the mom would shoplift. They were not of an ethnicity that can be successfully prosecuted, so we had all been told to just let them steal whatever they wanted, but the security guy did manage to annoy them enough that they left before too much stuff accidentally fell into her cavernous purse. Anyway, we got talking later, and I told him about that night when I was "ready to rumble" when he first approached the counter. He commented that he assumed I was armed, despite the store policy that employees (other than hired security) could not have firearms, because he had actually 'checked me out' to the extent he saw my car in the parking lot had an NRA decal, a GOA decal, and a bumper sticker that said "In China, only Police and Military are allowed to own Assault Weapons". We both got a good chuckle out of that. He was also a 1911 guy (this was in the early 80's) so between us we had around 70 rounds of 230 grain re-education material for anyone who tried to harm innocents.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "