Some Beautiful Rifles in this article...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
ANDYLARSSON
Site Owner

Some Beautiful Rifles in this article...

Post by ANDYLARSSON »

Boge Quinn, My friend and fellow shootist, asked another of our friends and Shootist's, Nick Rukavina to write an article about some very personal and beautiful leverguns some of us are shooting a LOT.

https://gunblast.com/Rukavina-Signature ... 8Jq5omT0XA

Its a good read and some amazing pictures. Please check it out and share your thoughts below. Caution... This post may cost you some $$$

Stella and Bros.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Some Beautiful Rifles in this article...

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Oh, man, there goes next year's tax refund ... :lol:
Andy, that aperture rear mounted on Boomer, the Winchester 94 -- how are those working out? Didn't know they existed. Are there any such sights available for the 92 and its clones?
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I completely understand this sentiment to have a personalized firearm. 34 years ago, I found a Winchester 30-30 that was in the bargain bin at a local gun store, The store's owner had sold it to a feller that couldn't make it hit paper @ 5 yards. When I looked at it, it was missing the bead on the front sight, and rather than pass up a bargain, I offered the owner $100 for it. Seemed like he couldn't get a receipt written out fast enough!

I'd been wanting a Winchester 94 rifle, but it seemed like they were unobtainium at the time. I found an ad in the Numrich catalog for a 26" octagon bbl and forend set, cap & wood for a Winchester Commemorative. They found their way onto my rifle, along with a Fajen stock set up for a traditional Winchester curved buttplate. The receiver went off to WY for a bone & charcoal CCH finish, along with the forend cap. After getting the receiver back, the assembled action & barrel went off to Weatherby for headspacing, an art I knew little about at the time. I found a Smith Enterprises tang sight and reworked a globe front sight from Shiloh Sharps to complete the sighting picture. I took the post & ball out of the sight and filed the ball down flat half way thru. I now had a "T" post for a front sight. After developing a solid .30-30 load that shot to the same point of impact as my favorite hunting round, I had a rifle worthy of competing in long range events. I won several over the next few years. If you can't shoot good, you must look good! But havin' both is just extra special! I've bragged on this rifle here often enough, but can never pass up a chance to do so again!
tang sight.JPG
DSCN1425.JPG
Custom 94.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Nice rifles. Thinking of Jeff Quinn, I got one of the last 94, 25-35s Winchester made circa 2005 from him. Great shooter and a favorite rifle.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I like to personalize certain firearms but have never gone the whole hog. There is just something special about making a gun a bit different from when it left the factory.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

My goodness those are stunning!!! 8) :D :mrgreen:
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I have never named a gun in my collection. Just never had a reason beyond whatever history a gun had. Some are of course called by whatever history or provenance attached to them, but I never considered that a "name". My Ballard owned by General Charles Phillips is just the "General Phillips Ballard" and my Rolling Block owned by local Oregon Pioneer is simply the "EC Hackett Roller".
Those are very nice rifles, but in all honesty I'd rather see Marlin style color case hardened finish on them than the "Stevens" style tiger striped colors. The Stevens color case looks odd on a Marlin levergun to me.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/