Gunshow report

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Gunshow report

Post by jnyork »

I went to the Yuma gunshow this morning. Not as good a gunshow as last time 2 months ago. Not as many guns or gunstuff. Many tables not filled, or filled with ladies' bric-a-brac, baked goods, also lots of military junk, chinese ninja swords, etc etc. Did have things of interest, couple of very nice old Schuetzen rifles, several tables with Ballard, Stevens etc, lots and lots of handguns, many Winchester and Marlin leverguns but no .22's at all. The usual tons of EBR's. Miscellaneous bolt guns of all descriptions.
Saw quite a few Mossberg bolt action .22's from long ago, only one Anschutz target rifle and no others. Was happy to see a guy at the wall with several big racks full of reloading powder of many types, must have had 2-300 cans and more in boxes. First time there has been any powder at this show for 2-3 years. Bought a pound of Lil Gun I had been looking for, $35.00 but I get maybe 900 rounds out of it so not so bad. Friend had a table there so I sat with him for an hour or so and shot the breeze with friends from the club and other passersby as well. A pleasant morning. :D
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Gunshow report

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Sounds like a better show than the one I attended in Abilene in early December.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Any primers to be found?
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Better'n my day... just sittin' around trying to organize myself to go to a cowboy shoot tomorrow! Meant to go today, but couldn't drag the old carcass out of the fanny burp bag!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

I used to sometimes attend gun shows held at our state fairgrounds but our illustrious liberal governor banned them saying that no firearm transactions would permissible in state-owned buildings. ?!#@**!
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Ysabel Kid wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:49 pm Any primers to be found?
No, appear to be unobtainium. :roll:
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Walt, don't hide it. You want to date Michelle ... :twisted:
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

jnyork wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:30 pm
Ysabel Kid wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:49 pm Any primers to be found?
No, appear to be unobtainium. :roll:
:( :( :(
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

Bill, you're nuttin but trouble but I'm curious; what gave you the first clue?
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

A little story for you, Bill. I'll preface this by telling you I'm the black sheep of the family, the only conservative in my family of liberals.
My older brother is a high-ranking employee of the NM Health and Environment Department and he told me several years ago that he had been approached by Michelle, directing him to write a report that was as critical as possible of guns and gun ownership in NM with the intent of initiating more anti-gun legislation.
The next time my brother was visiting at my house, probably at Thanksgiving or Christmas, I took him into my loading/gun room and showed him around. I told him, "Brother, this is my life".
He must have heard me because I don't believe the report was ever written, at least not by him.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Walt, thank you so much for "doing the Lord's work" on this matter. It has long been a puzzle to me why New Mexico is so terribly blue.
I confess I greatly miss the Tularosa Basin and the Sacramento Mountains, but I sure don't miss Otero County politics.
Walt
Senior Levergunner

Post by Walt »

I spend a lot of my outdoor time in the beautiful Jemez Mountains. I've also spent a bit of time in the San Mateos, south of Magdalena. I love New Mexico but have come to despise lawless Albuquerque. Thank goodness I don't live there.