Francis Sell

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Woodsloafer2
Levergunner 2.0

Francis Sell

Post by Woodsloafer2 »

One of my all time favorite writers. I have all his books and have collected many articles as well. However, he wrote some articles about the Marlin 39 that I have not found. Anyone have any idea what publication they were in? I have read his thoughts on the 39 in his small game book but have not found the articles. Hope someone has.....
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: Francis Sell

Post by Sixgun »

I have many of his articles in the Gun Digests which I have from 1950 on until he gave it up. He sure liked the 25-35 and the Marlin 336.—-006
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Woodsloafer2
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Woodsloafer2 »

Of the Gun Digest ones I have found my favorite is Middle Ground deer Rifles. The one on curved buttplates is also good. Also have some on the 20 gauge and 1o gauge. He was a very practical writer written from experience.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I built up a .25 Tomcat on a waffle-top early Model 336, but ended up handing it over to Dave Manson, who makes such wonderful reamers. He reports very nice performance. Sell developed the Tomcat in the company of good friends Parker Ackley and Chick Donnelly at his home near Coquille, Oregon.
kaschi
Levergunner 3.0

Post by kaschi »

He wrote an article in American Rifleman in the late 70s about the Tomcat. I still have that one.